Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

You're still a Celtic hating chunt even if I did make a chunt of reading that ... :P:lol:

"Hating" is such a strong word, Dhen. If your lot did more to get rid of the nonsense that makes them "more than a club" I'd happily watch them thrive and even cheer for them in Europe. As I would your former business partners. As both businesses pander to the "minority" as part of their economic strategy, I can't see that happening any time soon.

It's a desperately unfortunate coincidence that Rangers' undersoil heating suddenly stopped working at the exact moment that they ran out of money and were playing their main rivals for the title, while the fans were also boiling with hate for the owners.

Goodness me, you couldn't script it could you? It all seems so unlikely.

How many C*ltic fans are on this thread currently (excluding WRK, that's a given)?

I'm certainly one, although maybe not as fervent as you'd like.

Bit of an odd one that New Rangers are unable to fulfil a fixture at home for the first time in fifty years, when it's a crunch game against their immediate rivals, isn't it? Ice on the pitch at a venue that's theoretically fully equipped with undersoil heating, I'm hearing. Isn't that strange, that the game would go off.

And this, at a time where it's public knowledge that New Rangers need to borrow millions of pounds just to meet payroll, which is the kind of thing every other club in Scotland does without any fuss at all. Very odd, this.

"Hating" is such a strong word, Dhen. If your lot did more to get rid of the nonsense that makes them "more than a club" I'd happily watch them thrive and even cheer for them in Europe.

Whit?

There are no conceivable circumstances in which I'd wish anything other than calamity on both OF clubs in Europe.

Nah, their favoured position is taking it up the arse from a succession of smooth talking men in suits.

I reckon the 50 relates to how many times they'd need to enter the Challenge Cup before winning it.

That'll be the 1690 position, then?

After how many relaunches?

So, this "mass protest" should be kicking off about now.

Anyone seen any zombies posting saying they'll tweet or stream the protest action live on the net?

It should be a hoot, I've been to the shop and got popcorn, jelly and icecream too, so links anyone?

Mass outside Ibrox?

Can Ashley give the loan and get the assets before the egm. ?

Then can he put them in admin as soon as he owns the assets. ?

If so does that make a egm useless?

Will be a drawdown loan like an overdraft facility for them to dip into valid for 6 months expect.

Can Ashley give the loan and get the assets before the egm. ?

Then can he put them in admin as soon as he owns the assets. ?

If so does that make a egm useless?

He could only put them in admin once the loan is due as opposed to as soon as it's given.

*Post may be oversimplified

It seems to me that the 'Rangers' fans could have avoided all this heartache by simply not letting the original Rangers die in the first place.

Indeed they might even have avoided all this by simply questioning the spunking of loads of cash on players like Kevin Kyle to play in the arse end of Scottish football rather than giving it the big licks and posturing cause they were taking everyone else's best players !!

All this stamping of feet about Ibrox is pretty much all the last lot did when Rangers went tits-up - temper tantrums aplenty,bleating that it would never happen, embarrassing posturing from a support who repeatedly fail to pull together like nearly every other support would.

And the really really strange thing is is that if Ibrox was used against security, and if they did lose it, they'd suddenly just claim that it wasn't gone, all the protests would be forgotten, they, and the Scottish Press of course, would simply pretend that where-ever they played next was still Ibrox ... and the SFA would probably tag along and put 'Ibrox' down as their home on it's website.

And all the while they'd continue to tell us that the rest of Scottish Football was fucked :lol:

Edited by Ned Nederlander

It seems to me that the 'Rangers' fans could have avoided all this heartache by simply not letting the original Rangers die in the first place.

Indeed they might even have avoided all this by simply questioning the spunking of loads of cash on players like Kevin Kyle to play in the arse end of Scottish football rather than giving it the big licks and posturing cause they were taking everyone else's best players !!

All this stamping of feet about Ibrox is pretty much all the last lot did when Rangers went tits-up - temper tantrums aplenty,bleating that it would never happen, embarrassing posturing from a support who repeatedly fail to pull together like nearly every other support would.

And the really really strange thing is is that if Ibrox was used against security, and if they did lose it, they'd suddenly just claim that it wasn't gone, all the protests would be forgotten, they, and the Scottish Press of course, would simply pretend that where-ever they played next was still Ibrox ... and the SFA would probably tag along and put 'Ibrox' down as their home on it's website.

And all the while they'd continue to tell us that the rest of Scottish Football was fucked :lol:

When Rangers were liquidated they owed £125 million.

How should the fans have raised that amount?

If you assume that the rumour of the 8 -9 million off the book debt is true and they have no money to meet the payroll ... Then Ashley loans 10 million + 3 million + 8.? million + payroll = ??

Certainly they could still call an admin event based on the numbers ...

Even while the debt to Ashley isn't due one of the other creditors could technically put them into administration if debts to them aren't honoured but if Ashley is the only secured creditor there wouldn't be any incentive for unsecured creditors to trigger an administration.

Also you seem to be confused in your sums. The £10,000,000 is coming in as opposed to going out. They would be consolidating a lot of smaller short term debts into one big long term secured loan.

The whole point of borrowing Ashley's money is to deal with existing creditors. After the deal went through most existing creditors will be settled up, or at least up to date and the club will owe the money to Ashley instead

Its equivalent to running up huge debts on credit cards, store cards and Malaysian bookies and then taking out a mortgage to clear it.

It's a stupid position to get into but it's a sensible response should you be in that position.

Of course if you don't deal with the behaviour that got you into that position in the first place you end up homeless but that's another issue.

The whole fuss about Ibrox being security against debt is a bit of a red herring anyway as without it all unsecured creditors would be entitled to a slice of the assets if worst comes to worst.

If Ashley's insistence on jumping to the front of the queue is "Legalised theft" then the victims aren't Rangers but those longer term , unsecured creditors whose prospects of seeing their money again would be reduced if they're pushed further down the queue

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)