Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Surely the problem the Administrators will have at Ibrox is raising the funds to pay ongoing expenses.

All the other clubs in Scotland who went into administration would have had a relatively low ratio of season ticket to pay at the gate fans, but with Rangers having, what is it 35000? season ticket holders, then that money has already disappeared. The funds generated through the gates on match day will be relatively small and i'm sure won't go even part of the way to meet the wage bill never mind anything else.

Is this why the Administrators said that the players and staff were guaranteed their February salaries, but they couldn't guarantee any future wages?

These are the bigoted filth that Alec Salmond is so keen to keep in Scottish football, it should be remembered.

The politicians response so far has been what you would expect if any club had problems. But John McFall's performance on newsnight had to top it.

Rangers avoided a shitload of tax, which have left them fucked. Clearly, then the Scottish Government should bail out Rangers. He is now talking about tax, but do not let the fool you. That had to be the most crazed fuckwit I have seen.

I think the general rule:

Politicians + Football =

3720176980_575d790236.jpg

Well you were all wrong.

Firstly, no clubs has ever gone into liquidation whilst in SPL. Only club to have gone into liquidation in SFL since Third Lanark is Airdrieonians.

Livingston were demoted by SFL (from First Division to Third Division), while in administration, after they failed to lodge a bond required to guarantee their ability to complete their fixtures. They weren't actually demoted simply for the act of going into administration in itself, notably.

Gretna were demoted by SFL (again First Division to Third Division), while in administration, immediately after relegation in 2008... since Raydale didn't meet standards for First Division football, and since they were clearly about to be liquidated. Gretna's administrator resigned them from SFL (but not their country FA, the SCFA - nor SFA, I think) in June 2008, and they were liquidated in August.

SPL has a fixed punishment for administration, the deduction of 10pts, which Rangers have received.

If The Rangers FC plc goes into liquidation, its league share (what defines 'the club') can be transferred to a new company, with SPL permission, for £1. Otherwise it lapses.

You have given the facts of the Livi case correctly but you have omitted something which is now in the public domain as fact.

The Livi administrator was in a room at Hampden with a committee of SFL club reps and asked if he could provide a £700000 bond. His answer was obviously no. (as the committee already knew it would be) Gordon McDougall the new Livi chairman was standing outside with a cheque for that amount of money. He was not allowed in to the room. The result was that Livi were relegated two divisions.

This is all history now but I am bringing it up to remind people that football committees etc are full of self interested shady characters and subject to dodgy backroom deals. I have no reason to believe that it is any different in the elite atmosphere of the SPL. If there is any way to prevent Rangers from disappearing you can be sure that it will be found.

john hartson's on sky slating rangers for going into admin.....

JOHN HARTSON last night revealed that he is being hounded over gambling debts.

The former Arsenal, West Ham and Celtic star at one point owed more than £300,000.

Hartson insists he has done his best to repay as much as he can while curbing his addiction to betting and rebuilding his life. He is also in remission from cancer.

Yet the big Welshman admits he is still haunted by his past.

Hartson said: "Some people just cannot let it go and they are still hassling me.

"They are still offering me the opportunity to bet, trying to make a way into my friendship.

"I don't want to go down that road again. I've paid back as much as I can of my debts. I cannot physically afford to repay any more."

Troubled Hartson says his long list of creditors signed up to an IVA — an Individual Voluntary Agreement.

It meant he repaid 12p of every pound of debt he had racked up during his darkest days after signing for West Brom in 2006.

He added: "At one point I owed between three and four hundred grand.

"I have done my best to pay back what I can because I have never knocked anyone in my life.

"I'm a good guy. I was struggling with an illness — gambling.

"Everyone agreed to the IVA and people were warned not to take any more bets from me because I was like an alcoholic, except I was addicted to gambling.

"I was vulnerable yet people wanted to take bets from me, get tickets from me and be my friend.

"Now I want to draw a line under it all and get it out in the open.

"I hope others can read my story and use it to help them."

Hartson has cleaned himself up after a miraculous recovery from testicular cancer two years ago and is determined to make the most of his fresh start as a TV pundit.

The Welshman added: "I now know I never want to go down that road again. I'm not a bad guy. I was simply suffering with an illness.

"Cancer made me appreciate what I've got and I've been given a second chance. I now have a future. I have grown up and want to change."

to be fair to him he's clearly not the brightest.

Edited by T_S_A_R

Surely the problem the Administrators will have at Ibrox is raising the funds to pay ongoing expenses.

All the other clubs in Scotland who went into administration would have had a relatively low ratio of season ticket to pay at the gate fans, but with Rangers having, what is it 35000? season ticket holders, then that money has already disappeared. The funds generated through the gates on match day will be relatively small and i'm sure won't go even part of the way to meet the wage bill never mind anything else.

Is this why the Administrators said that the players and staff were guaranteed their February salaries, but they couldn't guarantee any future wages?

They'll surely be making redundancies, which should bring outgoings closer to takings + other income.

Cousin speculation-mill is growing arms-n-legs, but 2 scenarios were raised on Sportsound yesterday alternative to "they're signing players while making redundancies"... Scenario 1 is he'd already signed something before admin, but not registered, but administrator had a go anyway (why not - he'd still have to pay him); Scenario 2 is the administrator deliberately got Cousin to revise his contract (£7.5k > £5k/£6.5k) so it was dated post-admin, so SPL would reject, so he can break it immediately. It's still a puzzler, though.

They'll surely be making redundancies, which should bring outgoings closer to takings + other income.

Cousin speculation-mill is growing arms-n-legs, but 2 scenarios were raised on Sportsound yesterday alternative to "they're signing players while making redundancies"... Scenario 1 is he'd already signed something before admin, but not registered, but administrator had a go anyway (why not - he'd still have to pay him); Scenario 2 is the administrator deliberately got Cousin to revise his contract (£7.5k > £5k/£6.5k) so it was dated post-admin, so SPL would reject, so he can break it immediately. It's still a puzzler, though.

I don't think a player with a rat agent like Willie McKay would fall for something like that.

Last time I checked in here was a few days back, when the general consenus was that Whyte was a bit of a baws-oot genius intent on liquidating the club, creating a new 'Rangers' and making a few bob out of the deal. I haven't got a spare couple of eons to read the rest of the thread, so is this still the case, or has Whyte fucked up?

Whyte is a c**t, Murray is a c**t, Rangers are c***s. C***s fucking c***s everywhere, the Barras have sold out of dildos.

Edited by Desert Nomad

Holy f**k man :lol:

Neil McCann's just been asked by the 'tard on Sky Sports if Rangers can still win the league :lol:

He actually paused for 3 seconds before answering too. When he started the question I assumed it was going to be "Can Rangers survive?"

That could be the worst question I have ever heard asked.

Apologies if this nugget (an apt term) from Vanguard Bears has been posted on this thread before - just spotted it in the OF forum:

Vanguard Bears would like it to be known that their stance on Rangers has not changed. After our last meeting with Craig Whyte we ended our statement with these words:-

"The Administrators of Vanguard Bears remain supportive of Rangers owner Craig Whyte until unfounded allegations are proven otherwise".

One look at the list of so called "financial experts" the media have called upon this week (Graham Spiers, Paul McBride QC, Charlie Nicholas, Kevin McCarra and Tom Devine to name a few) tells us it would be folly of any Rangers fans to believe everything that is reported in the media.

Yes we have concerns over certain issues but without knowing the facts we believe it prudent to await the findings of the administrators before commenting further.

At this time we urge ALL Rangers supporters and ALL Rangers groups and forums to get behind the team and Ally McCoist on Saturday and indeed at all times to prove just how strong the Rangers family is at this very trying time.

How on earth can you still be supportive of Craig Whyte? Oh thats right, because you don't believe what's in the papers. Muppets.

Apologies if this nugget (an apt term) from Vanguard Bears has been posted on this thread before - just spotted it in the OF forum:

How on earth can you still be supportive of Craig Whyte? Oh thats right, because you don't believe what's in the papers. Muppets.

Actually a better analysis would be they don't understand what is going on around them. You can blame society; or maybe the Buckie and inbreeding.

To be fair, these are the same people who believe anyone with an irish sounding name in Scotland is anti rangers, anti protestant. The brand of paranoia from this group far outweighs anything Celtic fans have been accused off!

Sadly they are the type who believe Rangers = protestant, Celtic = Catholic, No grey area, it's pretty much as black & white as that.

But here is another wee gem from them on the 10/02/2012 before they went into admin

http://www.vanguardbears.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=200:a-bears-take-on-recent-events

In closing, anybody who has a problem with Whyte, I would like to remind you of a few things.

1. Whyte did NOT cause our problems, David Murray did.
  2. Whyte is NOT going to spend a lot of money whilst we are at risk of Administration. Any fool could see that.
  3. Whyte DID come in when no-one else would.
  4. We would already be in Administration and losing our assets, if it hadn't been for Whyte!
  5. Rangers fans should remember the reasons we are in this mess.
:lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Enrico Annoni

I heard this morning that they have played their last games as GRFC.

No redundancies as yet because the club will go tits up by midweek this coming week as there is not a bean left for them to continue running.

Let's hope it's true but somehow unfortunately I don't see it.

I heard this morning that they have played their last games as GRFC.

No redundancies as yet because the club will go tits up by midweek this coming week as there is not a bean left for them to continue running.

Let's hope it's true but somehow unfortunately I don't see it.

Bloody hell, shocking if true but I watched that presser last week and it had a funereal air about it (possibly wishful thinking). I'm sure the cash to continue is just resting in Craig Whyte's offshore account.