Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The SPL clubs should just vote in East Stirling rather than Rangers, that way every club next season won't have the fear of relegation hanging over them, Sky will get four more guaranteed Highland derbies in the 2013/14 season, youth players can get more games and East Stirling can raise enough cash for their own wee stadium.

Edit: typos.

Edited by Hedgecutter

I still can't understand why Miller would hang about? He's had his bid in for a while now and has watched the admin team prostitute themselves to the BKs to try and come back with something else, surely if they could have offered more they would have done it by now? Given that their role is to try and do the best for the creditors whist retaining a business then delay after delay is only acting to increase the debt and damage any creditors even further?

If Miller is the best bid on offer they better hope he doesn't walk away (so to speak) as I would imagine a lot of people owed money would not be best pleased knowing that they lost out on getting more cash back because there was a preferred bidder - despite them not actually being the preferred (or the best) bidder...

Bill Miller's seriousness can be gauged by the fact that he has been a declared bidder for what- six weeks now?- and it has all been piss and wind from him.

If you were any kind of serious businessman trying to buy an ailing business in order to turn it around and sell on at a profit, you'd make the offer, put the money on the table, and press the administrators for a quick decision in your favour. The last thing you want is for the administrator to spend the next month wringing his hands and encouraging your main rival to outbid you, as that is costing you money hand over fist and putting a big hole in your financial projections going forward.

All of the players in this- H&D, TBK, BM- are darts with wonky flights.

Scottish football has a chance to change but the SPL are going to blow it.

Totally agree. This will go down as the chance to restructure Scottish football and get it out from under the grip of two hideous, bullying clubs. A chance to try and create a more balanced, sustainable game for the future which focuses on Scottish talent. Yet the SPL Chairmen regardless of when this meeting is held will shite it be wise they'll believe what the OF tell them about how bad it'll be if they're not there.

It's like an abusive relationship with the OF as the wife battering husband chipping away at the self esteem of the rest of the SPL wife telling her that she couldn't survive without him.

The blue knights are an even worse consortium than the 1 Del boy put together to buy those gold chains from Arnie.

Paul Murray only wishes he had the wealth of uncle Albert, Rodney, Trigger, Mike and Boycie.

Edited by Gaz FFC

Looks like David Murray is not coming back to save us, I know this is not news. However in 2008 he was worth £720 million, by 2010 it was £110 million, by 2012 I don't know as he has dropped out of the 100 richest people in Scotland - meaning net worth of less then £52 million. The recession has hit his business pretty hard to say the least. No wonder he was in a hurry to sell Rangers. I think he would have paid Del Boy and his consortium to take it off his hands.

Edited by Cammy35

The blue knights are an even worse consortium than the 1 Del boy put together to buy those gold chains from Archie.

Paul Murray only wishes he had the wealth of uncle Albert, Rodney, Trigger, Mike and Boycie.

His name was Arnie.

And I can just picture Craig Whyte faking a heart attack in a curry house.

Archie McKeevins ‏ @ArchieMcKeevins Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

Very reliable source says Bill Miller bid will be accepted and #RFC will be liquidated in next 48hrs

No idea who this chap is :huh:

Forgive my ignorance but wasn't the SFA sanctions from last Monday meant to be the straw that broke the camels back?

We were told that these sanctions would "scare off bidders" . Who left?

Basically Ally has caused a storm with his threats and loutish behaviour and nothing has changed.

Archie McKeevins ‏ @ArchieMcKeevins Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

Very reliable source says Bill Miller bid will be accepted and #RFC will be liquidated in next 48hrs

No idea who this chap is :huh:

Bill Miller - American owner of a few tow trucks :rolleyes:

Looks like David Murray is not coming back to save us, I know this is not news. However in 2008 he was worth £720 million, by 2010 it was £110 million, by 2012 I don't know as he has dropped out of the 100 richest people in Scotland - meaning net worth of less then £52 million. The recession has hit his business pretty hard to say the least. No wonder he was in a hurry to sell Rangers. I think he would have paid Del Boy and his consortium to take it off his hands.

Which is pretty good confirmation that he knew exactly who Whyte was and wasn't duped.

Whyte was the only horse in town and Murray couldn't deal with the situation he found himself in. Whyte knew how to make a quick buck and Murray had no choice but to sell him the club and hope he could get away with lies about not knowing the plan.

My prediction is we'll finally have all this resolved when this thread hits page 1690....

....then again

We shouldn't expect anything until at least the day after the final fixture of the season. It's simply Gretna all over again - everything, anything, simply must be done to get them through the remaining games. With Gretna it was an advance payment. With Rangers, it is elastic deadlines, trumped-up bidders like Ng and Miller, never-ending 'improved' bids from Burger King, and now the SPL delaying any decisions.

Each incident or 'improved offer' allows Haudit & Daudit to string it out a bit at a time. Another fixture chalked off on Sunday - swiftly followed by an improved BK offer and an SPL silence. Gets us through to Wednesday, and one step closer to fulfilling this season's fixtures. On Thursday morning, H&D will need to come up with something new. Some new twist to get through the weekend. They'll come up with something. My guess is something along the lines of a new 'revised' offer from the Blue Knights, who announce that they have a new backer on board, and H&D will say they need, oh, let's say three days, to pour over this latest development.

Nothing would surprise me. Blue Knights join forces with Bill Miller would be a belter, that might earn them more than three days to 'look at it'.

Which is pretty good confirmation that he knew exactly who Whyte was and wasn't duped.

Whyte was the only horse in town and Murray couldn't deal with the situation he found himself in. Whyte knew how to make a quick buck and Murray had no choice but to sell him the club and hope he could get away with lies about not knowing the plan.

He had neigh money.

I am still amazed at the lack of due diligence by Rangers fans or at least Rangers-supporting businesspeople into Whyte's background. Was it Johnston & Bain who spoke up against him and Keef Jackson stated he had "untold wealth". As an aside - has Jackson ever come out with a "I was duped" article for himself?

Teehee.

This is played before every game at McDiarmid. A Jody Morris suggestion which has gone on for a couple of seasons now. It should therefore be played at Rangers last game...at least it should be but I wouldn't put it past some blue bigot apologist in a grey suit or match commander scared of mob rule having it banned for the day.