Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Code of conduct = not breaching or breaking the rules of using an EBT scheme. I'm fairly sure I posted the EBT rules & regulations a few years back that showed what Rangers FC were doing was against the EBT scheme by issuing loans that didn't need to be paid back as the guidelines for paying loans back were fairly specific and this is why the HMRC hounded them down.

Rangers FC have gotten away with it so far for now because they are loans, but the ethics that they do not need to be paid back goes against what is deemed to legally known as a loan. It has to be paid back.

Edit, it's the code of practice. :ph34r:

Also I remember now that loans from the EBT scheme could be used to avoid paying full tax by using the offshore method, but the loan in full had to be paid back before the recipient had gone into retirement so that any tax due on the lump sum payment on retirement could be taxed by the HMRC.

I am not disagreeing with you, just had a laugh at the thought that EBT's had to behave in a specific manner. :)

I am not disagreeing with you, just had a laugh at the thought that EBT's had to behave in a specific manner. :)

:lol: I'm sure David Murray also laughed at the thought he had to adhere to any code of practice when starting the EBT scam. He probably thought this will get it right up Timmy.

Martin Williams

Senior News Reporter.

Thursday 19 February 2015

NEWCASTLE owner Mike Ashley now owns the Rangers' retail operation and has a security over many of the club's precious trademarks, it has emerged.

Fresh financial papers for Rangers Retail reveal that from January 27, the Sports Direct founder and owner has been the "ultimate controlling party" of Rangers Retail, which handles the club's merchandising and stores. It confirms the switch has been made from the previous controllers, the club holding company The Rangers International Football Club plc.

The accounts reveal that while Rangers Retail turnover quadrupled from £1.2 million in the year to April 2013 to £4.8m in the year to April 2014, profits only doubled from £434,312 to £877,662. That is because the costs of the sales soared by eight times that of the previous year from £546,656 to £4.2m.

It is understood most of that money has gone to Sports Direct as Rangers Retail is buying Rangers merchandise, including replica kits, gifts, polo shirts and track suits from the Ashley-controlled firm for use in club outlets.

Sports Direct confirmed to the Herald that Rangers Retail has provided over £3.8m to Sports Direct in the year through such sales.

Notes filed over Rangers Retail with Companies House reveal: "This transfer in ownership is a result of a loan issued by independent.co.uk/news/business/news/sports-direct-stops-20000-staff-taking-other-work-by-using-zero-hour-contracts-9661746.html Retail Limited to The Rangers International Football Club plc initially for £5 million."

Mr Ashley's control over retail and trademarks comes as a by-product of his £10m emergency loan to Rangers made last month.

New documents have come to light that show that a host of Rangers and club-related trademarks and logos including the famous

RFC Scroll crest and the Ready logo are being held by Mr Ashley and Sports Direct as security against that loan which is payable on demand.

Details provided by the board to the Rangers Fans Board reveal that Mr Ashley gave up the stadium naming rights he bought for £1 in 2012 in favour of 25 per cent of the Ibrox advertising rights.

When Rangers Retail, a joint venture with Sports Direct, was confirmed by the club under then chief executive Charles Green in August 2012, it was promoted as enabling Rangers "to once again control its retail operation and give supporters the chance to buy direct from the club and in doing so, continue to invest in its future".

Rangers Retail run the club's entire retail operation, including the Rangers Megastore, and hold the rights under licence to the club's famous crests.

When details of the Ashley loan first emerged, the RIFC board admitted it was forced to pay Sports Direct £1.6m, its share of a Rangers Retail dividend, over the "cessation of onerous leases" in relation to the closure of club shops.

Under the previous 10-year retail agreement with JJB struck by Sir David Murray in 2006, Rangers accepted an initial £18m from the sports firm, while it was also guaranteed a minimum royalty fee of £3m per year until 2016.

As a result, JJB held exclusive rights to design, develop, source and retail merchandise associated with the club.

It has been confirmed that Mr Ashley has been called to give evidence before the Scottish Affairs Committee regarding the role Sports Direct played in the treatment of workers at its fashion chain USC

But but but...Tedi told us Ashley was OUT! And has no influence at Rangers?!

You have to wonder at the orc logic sometimes !, when in the bottom tier they were proclaiming how they were spreading the bloo poon aroon the bottom clubs helping the wee clubs coffers get filled and how The Rangers were helping them out financially.

Now they are close to the big table again they have become selfish B'stards once again, they don't want to share the bloo poon any more when it comes to the play offs because the clubs fucking skint and in debt. Even though before the start of the season it didn't bother them in the slightest at all that the play off gate money would be split between the association and the club.

You have to wonder at the orc logic sometimes !, when in the bottom tier they were proclaiming how they were spreading the bloo poon aroon the bottom clubs helping the wee clubs coffers get filled and how The Rangers were helping them out financially.

Now they are close to the big table again they have become selfish B'stards once again, they don't want to share the bloo poon any more when it comes to the play offs because the clubs fucking skint and in debt. Even though before the start of the season it didn't bother them in the slightest at all that the play off gate money would be split between the association and the club.

What clubs are skint? Everything is booming?

Just saying that the money should be split between the two teams playing, like they do with cup games rather than the booming spfl.

Edited by bennett

Also I remember now that loans from the EBT scheme could be used to avoid paying full tax by using the offshore method, but the loan in full had to be paid back before the recipient had gone into retirement so that any tax due on the lump sum payment on retirement could be taxed by the HMRC.

Wasn't there something about the ebts being repaid from the recipients estate on their death?

As morbid as it sounds, I wonder if Fernando Ricksen has anything to be concerned about regarding his near 700k ebt, given that his long term prognosis isn't good.

What clubs are skint? Everything is booming?

Just saying that the money should be split between the two teams playing, like they do with cup games rather than the booming spfl.

Once the cups reach a semi final stage the cash is pooled between the 4 clubs is it not?

Once the cups reach a semi final stage the cash is pooled between the 4 clubs is it not?

Half of all money goes to the spfl, I'd rather it was split between the two teams playing myself.

Regulation C26 states: “A levy of 50per cent of the monies (gross excluding VAT) received or receivable by the Home Club for all Play-Off Matches played in the Premiership/Championship PlayOff Competition from all admission charges paid and payable to and for the relevant Play-Off Match shall be paid by the Home Club to the Company within seven days of the date on which each Play-Off Match is played

Half of all money goes to the spfl, I'd rather it was split between the two teams playing myself.

Regulation C26 states: “A levy of 50per cent of the monies (gross excluding VAT) received or receivable by the Home Club for all Play-Off Matches played in the Premiership/Championship PlayOff Competition from all admission charges paid and payable to and for the relevant Play-Off Match shall be paid by the Home Club to the Company within seven days of the date on which each Play-Off Match is played

Point of order. You agreed to these rules back when you thought you'd be romping the leagues. You can't unagree now that it affects you and you're skint.

Does seem like an awful lot of money to pony up though. Good.

Point of order. You agreed to these rules back when you thought you'd be romping the leagues. You can't unagree now that it affects you and you're skint.

Does seem like an awful lot of money to pony up though. Good.

Did I fcuk.

And if I remember correctly Rangers never had a say in it, due to not being a full member of the sfl. It also shows how little you understand as I said I'd like to see the money split with the opposing teams, nothing to do with wanting it all for Rangers.

Up ye....

Did I fcuk.

And if I remember correctly Rangers never had a say in it, due to not being a full member of the sfl. It also shows how little you understand as I said I'd like to see the money split with the opposing teams, nothing to do with wanting it all for Rangers.

Up ye....

You agreed to the rules by partaking in the competition, dummy.

You only had to win the league and none of this would have mattered.

Edited by chimneyman