Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

They are not to accommodate them. They are moved because if they clash the viewing figures would be lower. Not as many people as you think care to watch the cheats and listen to the green bigots sing their bile.

To most of the Sky Audience The Sunday Lunchtime Scottish Game is the equivalent of Free Poppadoms and Pickles while you're waiting for the main course.

They are not to accommodate them. They are moved because if they clash the viewing figures would be lower.

They're moved to accommodate foreign domestic games in England. Even the BBC is guilty of this when was the last time you seen or heard about Scottish football on a national channel or radio station. It doesn't happen but we get bombarded with the English game.

You would not get this anywhere else in Europe. It's a farce.

Sadly though the more people like you who downplay our national sport the more the English game will dominate the Scottish market, this despite Europe having a law against monopolies like this.

Sadly Celtic, the SFA, SPFL are happy to go along with this for different agenda, some for the peanuts of a TV deal we receive (Rugby league gets more money despite having a far lower viewing audience) and others such as Peter hoping Sky will magically get Celtic into the EPL.

The entire way Scottish football is run is a joke, it's treated like a second class sport within our own country.

In an ideal world English games would be subjected to a blackout in Scotland or for ever English game broadcasted the very minimum we should expected is to see as many Scottish games televised.

With no more shifting of kick off times to suit other nationals domestic games.

The above isn't correct. East Fife will be playing Stenny with Arbroath playing Queens Park. The two winners then met to decided who is promoted/relegated. The same applies to the play offs between the championship and league one.

Thank you

I was not aware of this. I was suggesting that people supporting clubs who are looking down at the playoffs from a height aren't really in a position to lecture others about them. I unwittingly became my own supporting example

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

The official cutting your nose off to spite your face statement

THE Board of Rangers International Football Club has today informed the SPFL of their intention that Rangers season ticket holders will not be charged to attend the play off matches at Ibrox.

These games are to be played between May 9 and May 31 and the Club believes supporters who bought tickets for the entire season should not be asked to pay more.

It is fundamentally wrong to ask supporters to pay for season tickets and then, at the end of the campaign, expect them to pay again to watch what will now be the most important matches of that same season.

The Club wishes to express its gratitude to all of those who bought tickets and also point out that a sensible pricing policy for play-off tickets, other than season tickets, will be announced soon so that as many Rangers fans as possible can be at Ibrox to help drive their team towards the Premiership.

We have gone through the correct channels and it should also be made clear that Rangers will comply fully with Rule C26 and pay a levy of 50% of the other ticket prices. Rangers recognises fully the SPFL’s desire to help their member clubs but as well as having a responsibility to the game in general Rangers has to be mindful of their own fans at all times.

Even so, it should be noted that Rangers is not the first Club to allow season ticket holders into the play offs free of additional charge. The SPFL Board gave Hibernian permission to allow their season ticket holders free entry into their play-off match last season therefore setting a precedent.

OK I'll say it. Well done PlasticRangers for doing this.

Yours

aDONis

In an ideal world English games would be subjected to a blackout in Scotland or for ever English game broadcasted the very minimum we should expected is to see as many Scottish games televised.

You could say the same about La Liga or the UCL/EL games.......it's not just EPL games.

You could say the same about La Liga or the UCL/EL games.......it's not just EPL games.

Basically if we never see any football from South of Berwick then we'll all believe that the current Celtic side are fucking awesome and this Aberdeen side are amazing for getting as close as they are etc...

So it seems some do belive the establishment helps rangers. If that is the case why are they so far behind hearts and struggling to get above hibs? If there was a conspiracy surely they would never have allowed this situation arise.

Rangers existence as a team in the league system is down to the fact that every possible bit of help they could be given to get them there was given. They should have been given the same treatment as Airdrie and Gretna when they were liquidated.

I wouldn't agree with that.

English games directly affect Scottish football scheduling. Our games are moved around to suit them.

For example Celtic have only had 4 Saturday 3pm kick offs all season, the club doesn't give a f**k though about the upheaval it causes the fans though.

No wonder ST sales are down, how do they expect fans especially ones with young families to work their life's around football with all the scheduling changes.

One of the reasons I gave up my ticket a few years back. Couldn't be arsed with all the early kickoffs or midweek evening games etc.... It starter to feel more like a chore going than something I was looking forward to after a week of work.

I know I've went a bit off topic here, but if anyone can't see that Scottish football in Scotland is playing second fiddle to England is deluded and it's something we should not be accepting

In an ideal world we would simply tell Sky/BT/BBC to go f*ck themselves when they ask us to put Caley Thistle in for a 12:30 kick off in Glasgow, or the other way around. We should be aiming to cater for the direct customers first, and then the TV customers second.

If it means going head to head with games from another country, so be it. We need to sell ourselves for what we do have and promote the positives, but right now we sell ourselves as an inferior product to the English game and that's why we are treated as inferiors.

Chelsea have had the league won since February. They(The media) still treat it as a title race. Celtic have had the league won since February, but even when it was looking dodgy in September/October it was still painted as a procession.

Rangers existence as a team in the league system is down to the fact that every possible bit of help they could be given to get them there was given. They should have been given the same treatment as Airdrie and Gretna when they were liquidated.

You mean like making the 'new club' pay the 'old clubs' footballing debt while withholding the money owed to the 'old club'?

You mean like when the SFA went against a UEFA directive and closed a transfer window early ensuring Rangers didn't have 24hours to sign players?

Like the way they withheld Rangers licence until 24 hours before their first game against Brechin so they couldn't play warm up games?

You mean the help they gave Rangers by forcing a registration embargo on them so they couldn't register players.

Aye we should be forever thankful to the footballing authorities. They made sure we did it all on our own and owe them absolutely nothing.

In an ideal world we would simply tell Sky/BT/BBC to go f*ck themselves when they ask us to put Caley Thistle in for a 12:30 kick off in Glasgow, or the other way around. We should be aiming to cater for the direct customers first, and then the TV customers second.

If it means going head to head with games from another country, so be it. We need to sell ourselves for what we do have and promote the positives, but right now we sell ourselves as an inferior product to the English game and that's why we are treated as inferiors.

Chelsea have had the league won since February. They(The media) still treat it as a title race. Celtic have had the league won since February, but even when it was looking dodgy in September/October it was still painted as a procession.

The reason the Scottish game is treated as inferior is because it is inferior. The record low viewing figures for live Sky games are Spl games. I believe the lowest was a St Mirren v Ross County game from last season. That may have been outdone this season.

If you take the TV Money then you can't really complain.

You mean like making the 'new club' pay the 'old clubs' footballing debt while withholding the money owed to the 'old club'?

You mean like when the SFA went against a UEFA directive and closed a transfer window early ensuring Rangers didn't have 24hours to sign players?

Like the way they withheld Rangers licence until 24 hours before their first game against Brechin so they couldn't play warm up games?

You mean the help they gave Rangers by forcing a registration embargo on them so they couldn't register players.

Aye we should be forever thankful to the footballing authorities. They made sure we did it all on our own and owe them absolutely nothing.

Immediately followed by:

The reason the Scottish game is treated as inferior is because it is inferior. The record low viewing figures for live Sky games are Spl games. I believe the lowest was a St Mirren v Ross County game from last season. That may have been outdone this season.

If you go tits up, you can't really complain. The insinuation that the SPFL/SFA were anti-rangers is bat-shit mental. If they were anti-rangers they would have told you to get to f**k. The fact that they didn't makes any subsequent action against rangers a side-issue.

I wouldn't agree with that.

English games directly affect Scottish football scheduling. Our games are moved around to suit them.

For example Celtic have only had 4 Saturday 3pm kick offs all season, the club doesn't give a f**k though about the upheaval it causes the fans though.

No wonder ST sales are down, how do they expect fans especially ones with young families to work their life's around football with all the scheduling changes.

One of the reasons I gave up my ticket a few years back. Couldn't be arsed with all the early kickoffs or midweek evening games etc.... It starter to feel more like a chore going than something I was looking forward to after a week of work.

I know I've went a bit off topic here, but if anyone can't see that Scottish football in Scotland is playing second fiddle to England is deluded and it's something we should not be accepting

Just be thankful you don't follow Arsenal.

OK I'll say it. Well done PlasticRangers for doing this. Yours aDONis

THE Board of Rangers International Football Club has today informed the SPFL of their intention that Rangers season ticket holders will not be charged to attend the play off matches at Ibrox.

These games are to be played between May 9 and May 31 and the Club believes supporters who bought tickets for the entire season should not be asked to pay more.

It is fundamentally wrong to ask supporters to pay for season tickets and then, at the end of the campaign, expect them to pay again to watch what will now be the most important matches of that same season.

The Club wishes to express its gratitude to all of those who bought tickets and also point out that a sensible pricing policy for play-off tickets, other than season tickets, will be announced soon so that as many Rangers fans as possible can be at Ibrox to help drive their team towards the Premiership.

We have gone through the correct channels and it should also be made clear that Rangers will comply fully with Rule C26 and pay a levy of 50% of the other ticket prices. Rangers recognises fully the SPFL’s desire to help their member clubs but as well as having a responsibility to the game in general Rangers has to be mindful of their own fans at all times.

Even so, it should be noted that Rangers is not the first Club to allow season ticket holders into the play offs free of additional charge. The SPFL Board gave Hibernian permission to allow their season ticket holders free entry into their play-off match last season therefore setting a precedent.

disagree,its a rule the clubs voted on and smacks of we are rangers we,ll do what the f**k we like,this wasnt an issue last season strangely enough

Edited by Rovers_Lad

Scottish football shouldn't be treated as an inferior product within Scotland.

Celtic fans. They believe the refs have it in for Celtic, therefore, must favour Rangers. It's a completely moronic conclusion but to them totally logical. Billy McNeil claimed it had been going on for 60 years, harking back to Celtic's darkest days in the 1950's. It seemed to escape Billy that during his time as a player with Celtic won 9 in a row and reached 17 of the 18 cup finals during those 9 years. That is total domination. What were the referees doing then?

They did the best they could - but Celtic were better...

Window closes day early its against rangers interest who had a transfer ban for said window.. None of the other 41 clubs in existence at that time were affected at all, ever, nope, just the club banned from signing folk.

You know, the ban they VOLUNTEERED for

So it seems some do belive the establishment helps rangers. If that is the case why are they so far behind hearts and struggling to get above hibs? If there was a conspiracy surely they would never have allowed this situation arise.

That's all part of the conspiracy...