Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Clearly you didn't advertise spelling.

No, that's a job for the boffin's in the Oxford Uni English department to tell the plebs how to use and spell words according to their ideology of what constitutes the proper use of the English language at large. This then gives some fannies like yourself and ThepettedLip some sort of superiority complex that they are better educated than others who don't really give a fcuk if they have spelt a word wrong or used it in the wrong context.

Personally I think the split is a fucking stupid idea in the first place. We now have Hamilton and Partick Thistle with a better points and goals tally than Dundee in the top six ???

I think the idea was brought in to supposedly give more meaningful fixtures between those chasing a European spot and the relegation and play off's after the split ???, well it hasn't worked has it ?

The rationale for the split is simply that it allows the top flight to contain twelve teams, without that necessitating a return to the days of forty four games.

It's that simple.

Personally I think the split is a fucking stupid idea in the first place. We now have Hamilton and Partick Thistle with a better points and goals tally than Dundee in the top six ???

I think the idea was brought in to supposedly give more meaningful fixtures between those chasing a European spot and the relegation and play off's after the split ???, well it hasn't worked has it ?

The TV money needing 4 Celtic & Rangers fixtures a season has fucked it up completely, they took the pieces of silver and the rest have to suffer with stupid league structuring to accommodate a fixture that isn't even there any more.

Also I think the play off's are fucked up as well, how can you have a club 30 to 40 points from the eventual winner vying for a promotion place into the league above ???, it should be given on merit, if you don't finish to within a certain amount of points to the winner then no fucking play off should be awarded simples, earn it by right I say.

The split was driven at least in part by the fact that European commitments and cup runs meant that the old firm had quite enough fixtures with a 36 game league.

And despite finishing further of the top Queen of the South got more points this season than last season.

They surely merit their shot more this time round

It might not work out like this every season, but the play-off seems very sensible this season in the Championship at least.

There's one team way ahead and then little between 2nd, 3rd & 4th.

They were brought in to add excitement, they should certainly do that.

Someone pinch me, i must be dreaming.

Why? I've broadly been in agreement with Rangers' stance on this from the outset.

In fact, every single time that Rangers have behaved well and done something right, I've been among the first to say so.

Is it my fault that this is the first time it's ever happened?

The rationale for the split is simply that it allows the top flight to contain twelve teams, without that necessitating a return to the days of forty four games. It's that simple.

Might as well just have a top tier of 10 clubs with more relegation positions. Three down with three up IMO. Leaves three clubs in the middle close to or near a European spot or a relegation position. Also gives the fans more different grounds to visit year after year instead of the same clubs bar 1 or possibly 2.

The split was driven at least in part by the fact that European commitments and cup runs meant that the old firm had quite enough fixtures with a 36 game league.

And despite finishing further of the top Queen of the South got more points this season than last season.

They surely merit their shot more this time round

I'd agree on this point if it were last season with not much points differential between 1st and 4th with 14 points between them.

I also know that 3 large clubs found themselves competing in the Championship this season and explains the huge gulf from 1st to 4th this season because they had far better players than there usually is in the Championship, they won far more games as well as result of having much bigger budgets than the rest of the clubs.

I just think personally that 3rd & 4th should earn a play off spot and should finish within 10 points of 2nd place. If 4th didn't finish within 10 points to 2nd then they lose the right to play 3rd and also the same with 3rd to 2nd if they didn't achieve the required points. Means the games have more meaning in the run in and not just jockeying for who finishes 4th or 3rd. They would have to keep up with second or risk losing a play off for a chance of promotion.

The bit in bold in your post is just for the Grammar Nazi's who have been victimising me for murdering the English language apparently. :lol:

Fair play to Rangers for the £5 entry fee. A sensible solution.

Someone pinch me, i must be dreaming.

MT is a thoroughly decent individual.. Sometimes he gets sucked in to saying stuff against his will by his grey and green pals.

What the fcuk is your problem ?, I worked in advertising and we all called it a shpeel as a take the piss and a funny comment. We all knew we were giving out shite in our phone calls to sell advertising space and replaced "spiel" with shpeel for the fun of it.

You didn't work in advertising, you worked in a call centre selling adverts in publications.

You also worked off a prepared script.

There's no end to your lack of talent is there?

No, that's a job for the boffin's in the Oxford Uni English department to tell the plebs how to use and spell words according to their ideology of what constitutes the proper use of the English language at large. This then gives some fannies like yourself and ThepettedLip some sort of superiority complex that they are better educated than others who don't really give a fcuk if they have spelt a word wrong or used it in the wrong context.

Are you drawing down on DhenBhoy's apostrophe loan facility?

MT is a thoroughly decent individual.. Sometimes he gets sucked in to saying stuff against his will by his grey and green pals.

to be fair, there aren't that many true roasters on this thread, yes it can have its tedious periods and a lot of playing the man not the ball but if we all agreed it would sure as shit be boring.

Paxman: Bad news for labour from whom Scotland has long produced a stage army of staggeringly dull MPs

wrong thread ??

Paxman: Bad news for labour from whom Scotland has long produced a stage army of staggeringly dull MPs

In modern times?

Apart from Gladstone all Scots PMs (different to MPs) have been as dull as ditch water. I may excuse Blair here since his first period as PM was actually pretty decent.