Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The Sports Direct situation with merchandise is interesting, in that it shows the route of the current Orc mentality.

The reason the deal is so in favor of SD is because The Rangers are a new company who had no ability to sell merchandise at a level SD could. If anything, the retail deal is favorable to The Rangers because left to their own efforts, they would have struggled to sell many shirts at anything close to a decent margin. The Sports Direct statement makes this clear.

Put it this way. Imagine you made candles that many people want but you can only buy so much wax and make so many candles, so much so that it would be impossible to meet demand and buy enough wax in one go to take advantage of economies of scale. You can then accept that you can only sell 1000 candles in your wee shop. But John Lewis come along and say, 'hey we'll sell your candles, buy your materials and then give you a cut of the profits. While your cut of the profits goes from 100% to 25%, you are now able to double the profit margin which means it is a real hit of 50%, and then John Lewis can sell far more than 1000 candles. So all you need is John Lewis to sell over 2000 candle for you to be better off. Add into the bargain that you don't even need to make the candles yourself and it is a no brainer.

Now the only way the SD deal is bad for The Rangers is if you think of the club/company as being the machine it was in the past at their peak. If that was the case then they would be right to feel agrieved. But they are not. They are a new company, with no track record of doing this.

This is what deep down annoys the Orcs, the whole SD situation is a reminder that they died and are not the same club!!

That is absolutely fucking beautiful in both it's content and execution.

You, sir, are a wordsmith.

I do not think Fat Mike was found guilty of influencing events at Rangers for nothing, the club were also found guilty and the rules are specific about directly or using representatives.

Derek was CEO at the time, he would therefore struggle to say he was not aware.

Aren't you confuddling football rules with Real World Corporate regulations?

His employees agreed the contract ^^^^

No harm in stating the facts now.

erm they were paid by The Rangers not SD ( and definitely never by Mike Ashley :rolleyes: )and wasn't the contract renegotiated so that The Rangers could get a loan from SD that was to keep them solvent :ph34r:

I find it astonishing that Rangers, their shareholders and fans genuinely believe they can take on Mike Ashley and win. MA is one of the most notoriously ruthless businessmen in this country, I genuinely don't see where Rangers think they will either catch him out or appeal to his completely non-existent 'good side'.

You must be seething.

Who is going to stump up the legal costs for today? Will it come from Sevco or is King going to finally put his hand in his pocket?

is thre RFFF fund not used for these kind of court cases. ?

I find it astonishing that Rangers, their shareholders and fans genuinely believe they can take on Mike Ashley and win. MA is one of the most notoriously ruthless businessmen in this country, I genuinely don't see where Rangers think they will either catch him out or appeal to his completely non-existent 'good side'.

The Rangers are but a pube on Ashley's toilet rim...

Dave King's reign at Ibrokes going swimmingly it seems. And they have to pay him another £20k...

Picture a situation where DD would allow celtic to only make £3.50 per shirt sold, in fact picture a situation where DD would sign celtic up to a deal where they would make not one penny from retail in the first 6 months of this financial year.

Un-picturable really..

A situation where the only way Celtic could continue to trade would be to obtain a £5m loan and no financial institution interested in lending it? Sound familiar?

It is easy really, do not slip in bigoted posts and I would not have to.

I think we should leave it at that.

The irony from the poster who uses rhyming slang to use a bigoted phrase

keith jackson ‏@tedermeatballs 1 min1 minute ago

I notice Sports Direct have not challenged the accuracy of my 'seven year notice period' story. Wonder why they wanted it kept hush-hush?

Is it not the case that the JJB contract was for ten years, and when SD bought over JJB the terms of the contract simply transfered over and were then renegotiated in true Sevco fashion?

Tupe, or not tupe, that is the question.....

I do not think Fat Mike was found guilty of influencing events at Rangers for nothing, the club were also found guilty and the rules are specific about directly or using representatives.

Derek was CEO at the time, he would therefore struggle to say he was not aware.

So he was an employee of who?