Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Queen's Park in the Football Association[edit]

Queen's joined The Football Association based in London in 1870 [5] – the only football governing body in existence at the time. Their main attraction was to the new Challenge Cup and contributions were made to pay for the trophy.[5] Queen's reached the first ever semi-finals in 1872 but had to withdraw due to lack of funds after drawing their first ever competitive match 0–0 with The Wanderers at the Kennington Oval. Financial constraints meant that Queen's played little part in the competition until 1884 where they stormed to the final before losing 2–1 to Blackburn Rovers at The Oval.[26] Another loss to Blackburn the following year was the closest Queen's got to winning the English trophy. In 1887, Scottish clubs were banned from entering by the Scottish Football Association. Although the solid crossbar first appeared in the Sheffield Rules code, Queen's Park was responsible for its use in Association football when the club successfully put forward a motion for its introduction at a meeting of the Football Association in 1875.[27]

Queen's Park in the Football Association[edit]

Queen's joined The Football Association based in London in 1870 [5] – the only football governing body in existence at the time. Their main attraction was to the new Challenge Cup and contributions were made to pay for the trophy.[5] Queen's reached the first ever semi-finals in 1872 but had to withdraw due to lack of funds after drawing their first ever competitive match 0–0 with The Wanderers at the Kennington Oval. Financial constraints meant that Queen's played little part in the competition until 1884 where they stormed to the final before losing 2–1 to Blackburn Rovers at The Oval.[26] Another loss to Blackburn the following year was the closest Queen's got to winning the English trophy. In 1887, Scottish clubs were banned from entering by the Scottish Football Association. Although the solid crossbar first appeared in the Sheffield Rules code, Queen's Park was responsible for its use in Association football when the club successfully put forward a motion for its introduction at a meeting of the Football Association in 1875.[27]

QP were never members of the FA

Third Lanark also a member of the FA

Foundation[edit]

Third Lanark started as the football team of the Third Lanarkshire Rifle Volunteers, part of the Volunteer Force. Known as 3rd LRV.

The team was formally founded on 12 December 1872 at a meeting of the Third Lanarkshire Rifle Volunteers in the Regimental Orderly Room in Howard Street, Glasgow. The soldiers, inspired by the first ever international friendly which had taken place two weeks previously, decided to form their own team. Several of the Scotland team in that match, made up solely of Queen's Park players, had been part of the regiment: including Billy Dickson, Billy MacKinnon and Joseph Taylor. The club was constituted with eight rules:

• Rule I – That this club be called the 3rd L.R.V Football Club.
  • Rule II – That the annual subscription be two shillings and sixpence per member.
  • Rule III – That the office-bearers consist of one Honorary President, Two Honorary Vice-Presidents, a President, a Vice-President, a Treasurer, a Secretary, a Captain, and eight members of committee, five to form a quorum.
  • Rule IV – That the office-bearers be elected at the Annual General Meeting, retiring office bearers being eligible for re-election.
  • Rule V – That Members of the Regiment only be admitted to the Club.
  • Rule VI – That the club play according to the rules of the Football Association, and also that it join the Association.
  • Rules VII – That the Annual General Meeting be held on the first Thursday of March.
  • Rule VIII – That any alteration in the above laws or constitution of this Club can only be made at the Annual General Meeting ; and notice thereof must be given to the Secretary in writing on or before the fifteenth of February previous.

It's an association football club because they play association football. Or "soccer" for short.

I'm happy to agree with T_K on those 2 questions, but they do not affect the fact that Rangers before 1899 were a club, and after that became a club and a company at the same time.

Please don't insult anyone's intelligence with this "created a company" gumph.

The club, in whatever legal form it took before incorporated in 1899, that is it took on the legal form of a company. They were not two at once, it was done to protects members of the club no longer assumed individual liability. So in a legal sense they ceased being a club and became a company in 1899. That company is now in the process of being liquidated.

The club, in whatever legal form it took before incorporated in 1899, that is it took on the legal form of a company. They were not two at once, it was done to protects members of the club no longer assumed individual liability. So in a legal sense they ceased being a club and became a company in 1899. That company is now in the process of being liquidated.

This, if you forgive me, is the diddy answer.

We have already established that a club isn't defined by its company registration number nor by its admission to any football administration.

Wriggling like a rag worm on a hook IMO.

You're being an idiotic shambles. Let me calm you down and ask you the two simple questions again:

1. Is a club's existence inextricably linked to its company registration?

2. Is an association football club's existence coterminous with it's membership of an association?

Aye, that's really what is happening here. I have answered the question you asked, if you don't think the answer is sufficient then I await your reasoning. Now have you found out what your word of the day actually means. The proper meaning, not some misconstrued Kinky meaning?

This, if you forgive me, is the diddy answer.

We have already established that a club isn't defined by its company registration number nor by its admission to any football administration.

We have established nothing.

Your club was fraudulently created, by the latest accounts, should this be true then we all know that this version of Rangers is a lie.

You have waited for justice for so long yet if you receive it then your club is confirmed dead, and you have invested the last three years in a fraud, a big fat lie.

I love it when a plan comes together.

Aye, that's really what is happening here. I have answered the question you asked, i

Amazing how The Diddies dance around their handbags here and nae c**t wants to put his knob on the line.. What an absolute shower of pathetic shite you are.

Let me try and boil my questions down:

Club=registered company. Y or N?

Can some c**t get off the fucking fence?

Amazing how The Diddies dance around their handbags here and nae c**t wants to put his knob on the line.. What an absolute shower of pathetic shite you are.

Let me try and boil my questions down:

Club=registered company. Y or N?

Can some c**t get off the fucking fence?

It isn't a binary choice though. I was involved with a football club as an unincorporated association, we then changed the legal form to a NFP Company limited by guarantee. This of course is not what happened with your team. So if you want a Y or N answer then N a club does not equal a registered company universally. If you want specifics then Rangers FC was a public limited company.

Let me ask you a question - What defines a football club?

Edited by strichener