Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Rangers/ The Rangers or whatever the feck they call themselves these days are well and truly fooked.

Now that the HMRC have found the club guilty by the law of the land without the SFA's imaginary view on what defines a club to them because the law sees clubs as footballing companies.

Legally to the SFA they belive it is the same club they will have to do a inquiry themselves as to whether or not to strip the club of it's Scottish cups it won during the EBT era and if the SFA have to strip them of Scottish Cup titles then they have to strip them of their SPL titles as well. NICE ^_^

Whether or not the SFA do the right thing is another thing altogether. <_<

Well , well well.

What a great day.

Those saying that this makes little material difference are probably right.

It makes a massive psychological one though.

Rangers had appeared to get off the hook, regarding the ' tax dodger' label.

Obviously the previous verdict was unjust, even if it could be defended in legal terms. That was clear from the words of guys like Billy Dodds and certain revelations in the Mark Daly programme. It was also clear that Murray had initially anticipated a guilty verdict, given that he offered to do a deal for £10m, then sold it to a passing chancer for a pound.

It's interesting to see references to "common sense" in this ruling. It's also fascinating to see references to how this really did give Rangers playing advantages, as the players might otherwise have gone elsewhere.

I'm certain that title stripping won't be revisited. The initial ruling wasn't dependent on the EBT case, although Rangers fans on here were keen to link them after the FTTT verdict.

The issue then was that despite the deliberate false registration of players, the players were adjudged to not have been ineligible. That was perhaps contentious, but today hasn't changed it.

The wording today does however pour scorn on the accompanying claim that Rangers had gained no sporting advantage.

It also pours scorn on those who clung to the original verdict as some sort of vindication for a policy that was morally despicable. Special mention on this goes to Chris Graham for his posturing performance with Spiers when he thought he was right. As ever with Graham, he was wrong in every way possible.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

The accounts have definitely been released today as it is a good day to bury bad news. An absolute fucking shambles. The cash burn is quite incredible. Serious work needs to be done or they are out of business again very soon.

The_Kincardine doesn't seem like a very intelligent person...Is English his first language?

Load of shite. One of the most erudite posters on this site. Even if he does leave many here with some acute pericombobulation, he is perfectly cromulent in his posting style.

Edited by Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo

You're mistaken, I have never had a twitter account nor have I ever accused Rangers fans of verbally abusing me. Think it must have been someone else.

There's a chance, I'll search later,if wrong I'll give you one of those apology things.

Must've been mistaken then, I was sure that monkey claimed that he'd stopped going to qots games because they voted in favour of Rangers.

But if monkey says that he never stopped going to games then I must be wrong.

Mistaken indeed Bennett.

I'm in a good mood though, so you're forgiven.

Haven't read back through the thread, so this may have been mentioned already.

The key difference in the decision released today was that HMRC changed their argument. Previously they had gone after the loans as being remuneration. Their revised argument, which succeeded, was that the payments by the companies to the EBTs were remuneration. The creation of the sub-trusts and the subsequent loans were irrelevant. So it isn't the case that the loans are now being treated as earnings (which I think some reports have mistakenly said). It is the payments into the EBTs that should have had PAYE applied to them, not the loans from the sub-trusts to the individuals.

There was some discussion in the decision about whether HMRC should be allowed to present a different argument than they did at the FTT and UTT but it was concluded that they were because this case will set a precedent. The defendant's brief tried to argue that the law has since been changed, meaning any benefit from the decision isn't worth much, but this wasn't accepted, so HMRC were allowed to present their new argument.

Load of shite. One of the most erudite posters on this site. Even if he does leave many here with some acute pericombobulation, he is perfectly cromulent in his posting style.

Sake, Jojo - that seemed almost affirming yet with the right level of piss-taking. Have a Charles.