Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Funny how this thread has polarised over the years. The grey and green plankton have got more vitriolic as they realise that reports of our death are greatly exaggerated and their diddy fellow-travelers (such as the complete pellet which is Jupe) just follow in their wake.

Nope, I suspect that it's more down to the fact that as time has gone on we've seen more and more of all those traditional rangers fans characteristics come to the fore.

You know the ones, the stuff that rangers fans rejoice in whilst the rest of decent society weep over......

Funny how this thread has polarised over the years. The grey and green plankton have got more vitriolic as they realise that reports of our death are greatly exaggerated and their diddy fellow-travelers (such as the complete pellet which is Jupe) just follow in their wake.

grey n green, fellow travelers?! This patter is Fukin horrific .

Is it a requirement to be permanently angry when you're a Rangers fans?

To be fair, Wouldn't you be permanently angry if your club was liquidated, Then the new club that you pinned all your hopes on turned into a complete & utter shambles.

To be fair, Wouldn't you be permanently angry if your club was liquidated, Then the new club that you pinned all your hopes on turned into a complete & utter shambles.

When you put it like that I almost feel pity for them....then I read some of the arrogant and distasteful stuff they post on here and then I don't........

For those who haven't actually read Lord Nimmo Smith's remit (known legally as "terms of reference"):

The Tax Tribunal has held (subject to appeal) that Oldco was acting within the law in setting up and operating the EBT scheme. The SPL presented no argument to challenge the decision of the majority of the Tax Tribunal and Mr McKenzie stated expressly that for all purposes of this Commission’s Inquiry and Determination the SPL accepted that decision as it stood, without regard to any possible appeal by HMRC. Accordingly we proceed on the basis that the EBT arrangements were lawful. What we are concerned with is the fact that the side-letters issued to theSpecified Players, in the course of the operation of the EBT scheme, were not disclosed to the SPL and the SFA as required by their respective Rules.

So, LNS never actually considered the situation where EBT's were not legal. Nor did he consider the potential financial sporting advantage enabled by EBT's.

There can be no doubt that a fresh commission is required. And "common sense" (Ias delivered by Lord Drummond Young) suggests that a further penalty is due.

Edited by barrysnotter

When you put it like that I almost feel pity for them....then I read some of the arrogant and distasteful stuff they post on here and then I don't........

The The Rangers fans that post here are decent IMO. It's just banter.

What you're skimming over is that a fair sprinkling of Big Thread idiots signed up just to post about Rangers. A fair few others have made their P&B careers out of Rangers-related posts.

So for we Bears and sane diddies like you, Wee Mikey, Mark Connolly, Jacksgranda and others who pop in now and then it's banter.and welcome.

A fairly large coterie of fandans, though, have their sense of self-worth wrapped up in The Big Thread. Pathetic but true.

What you're skimming over is that a fair sprinkling of Big Thread idiots signed up just to post about Rangers. A fair few others have made their P&B careers out of Rangers-related posts.

So for we Bears and sane diddies like you, Wee Mikey, Mark Connolly, Jacksgranda and others who pop in now and then it's banter.and welcome.

A fairly large coterie of fandans, though, have their sense of self-worth wrapped up in The Big Thread. Pathetic but true.

:)

Furthermore, so far as the footballers are concerned, at least, it seems to us that if bonuses had not been paid they might well have taken their services elsewhere.

Lord Drummond Young Court of Session

I thought the guy in the beret looked a bit like a cross between Wolfie of the Tooting Peoples Front and Frank Spencer.

Well he's hardly a fucking proper soldier despite all the medals.

One of the army's posties.

'Logistics' ffs.

lance.jpg

attention Scottish Football authorities - it isn't difficult - just nip out and get a suitable strike-through pen....

And as if by magic, on 12th night, It will feel like Scott McDonald's wee chip with his EBT Iron never happened....

"That memory will be erased forever won't it, please it will won't it!? We'll never ever have to remember that again eh!? It will all be gone overnight !?" Mon Santa pleeeeeeeeease!!"

And as if by magic, on 12th night, It will feel like Scott McDonald's wee chip with his EBT Iron never happened....

"That memory will be erased forever won't it, please it will won't it!? We'll never ever have to remember that again eh!? It will all be gone overnight !?" Mon Santa pleeeeeeeeease!!"

I think you may have a mental illness caused by the trauma of your wee world collapsing round you.

The reality of the tax case appeal verdict has really fucked the bears' brains....

childish thrashing about is all they have left...

and how would Scott MacDonald's achievements at Motherwell affect me? (apart from his goal at Pittodrie couple of weeks back :( )