Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Didn't Aberdeen retire the No.12 shirt years ago for the "red army"?

Yes we did, back in 2002. Rangers once again taking our idea (see the flags behind the goal). Can't blame them for copying such a great institution like Aberdeen FC! :rolleyes:

If anyone doubts for a second the appetite for various culpable 'authorities' to massage Rangers into the SPL with next to no punishment next season, they should watch the Thomson - Clark interview. It is apparent to me that Clark wants the hybrid situation so it takes the heat and scrutiny off the administrators while they clean up the mess of the Old Co (retaining all the while the contract, and therefore payment, to do so) while the SPL retains the supporter base and loyalty of a galvanised, debtless Rangers Newco PLC. It absolutely stinks and should not be allowed to happen; I, along with many others, will turn my back on Scottish Club Football if the SFA and SPL allow this to happen.

Today, we see two more 'stories' (in Strachan and Craigan) selected by kow-towing editors who feel it is more important for Rangers to survive. As poor as Strachan and Craigan's judgement is, their views would not be presented without the editorial control of the media who has broadcast them. In this respect, and notwithstanding the moronic Traynor, Keevins, and razor-sharp-cutting-edge-correspondent Chick Young, they are entirely complicit in this malfeasant under-carpet sweeping.

About 20 years ago, Jim Leishman was forced from the management of DAFC by the then Club Secretary, a slimy character by the name of Paul D'Mello. I remember at the time members of my family and the wider DAFC support being so incensed at this (despite we were in freefall and doomed once more to relegation, they held Leishman in the highest regard for his efforts for the town and club) that they walked away from the club, vowing never to return. These members of my family and, I suspect, others who felt disenfranchised by the backroom dealing and scything of someone who literally bled for the club, have stuck to that vow. If the chairmen of the SPL member clubs feel that similar threats of abandonment in the context of Rangers are hollow, the history of integrity and loyalty above all else in Scottish Club Football should serve as significant warning; it would be like grubs voting for fishing and, frankly, hell mend 'em.

You missed the quote marks that the admin put round those words. These oily b*****ds (and thank you, mods, for auto-censoring me) are working for Duff & Phelps. Not for rangers, not for the Blue Knights, not for Bill Yeeha Miller, not for Scottish football. They are pulling down a shedload of cash for basically doing f**k all about the situation they have been brought in to resolve. In moral terms: never mind the other football clubs, what about the local newsagent, what about the small startups who saw rangers as a contract who would support their growth,what about Your Wee Sonsie Face(£40 FFS!!! - this girl is not operating at a high finance level)? This so-called institution has screwed working people DIRECTLY even before we start on the tax issues and the sporting advantage gained thereof. They are the rainjurs and you must dance to their tune, and await their munificence. f**k that. They have acted in a criminal manner and I shall happily lock up anyone associated with them if they come my way.

KTID

Usually a shirt is retire for someone who has made an outstanding contribution to the game. Rangers retire a shirt on the back of financial mismanagement and cheating.

Scottish football at its best!!

Embarrassed!!

No. There's a lot worse to come!!!

Oh my ......I would say I can't believe it but actually I really never fail to be amazed by the naivety and amateur way our game is run.

American companies, Sheffield Wednesday and Tranmere Rovers all saw through this guy and his chums Jon Pritchett and John Prutch but not our top dogs. No, Rangers survival is so critical to them that they'll grasp at literally anything as time runs out. Fair play to D&P they've played it out to this point perfectly.

Rangers (fair enough the have little other option) and Scottish football is on the brink of being taken for a ride.

Interesting to see Pritchett following Rangers Updates and Rangers Official Site via his twitter and congratulating his mate Miller tonight.

Just like Whyte he can list impressive numbers but just like Whyte look deeper and you start thinking but where is his money and gradually, layer by layer onion pealing it just gets more and more and more concerning but by that time it's too late.

Chancer just like Whyte and our national game is so close to throwing away it's integrity out of desparation to help him !

Our game may never recover.

So I see! That means it's about 10 years Celtic will have been fizzing.

Only the smug face emotion can sum up how we Aberdeen fans have felt for the last decade about retiring the number 12.

Please tell me you're on the next judiciary SFA Panel......please!!

Sorry mate, just a humble Civil Servant. If I could choose the ones we locked up, the Prison Population would rocket. Anyway, you ain't seen me, roight?....;)

KTID

this has to be like the biggest goal mouth scramble ever, its already DIDDIES 1 RANGERS(ia) 0,, (c.whyte og) all they,re managing to do is hoof the ball out of the penalty box for a few minutes then it comes righjt back.. we then get 48 hours extra time added on (again and again). .dont give in yet , theres ages to go in this game yet. talk of folk boycotting there clubs is sad , too many twists to come before thats a reality..

Just heard Craigan's comments on talksport about how the old firm should be "treated differently" and as much as a well fan as I am, I find them disgusting and very disheartening. If that's what our club captain is saying then what's the point.

The fans are the twelfth man? It seems that all you need to do to be a twelfth man is sit around and do nothing while spivs and conmen run your club into the ground, before rising from your slumber to go for a wee walk and wave a flag.

Not happy with allowing these cheating b*****ds to shag their arse the SPL and SFA are now going to do the housework while this shower are upstairs shagging poor auld granny rotten.

Absolutely shameful what this lot are getting away with in the name of Self Preservation.

Hell mend the spineless shower of diddy board members that drop their drawers at the flash of a quid.

Edited by ayrmad

Just heard Craigan's comments on talksport about how the old firm should be "treated differently" and as much as a well fan as I am, I find them disgusting and very disheartening. If that's what our club captain is saying then what's the point.

He's just another p***k wrapped up in self interest.

Just posted a comment:

Mr Thompson

As a journalist of some experience you do at times seem to have no grasp of the story.

First, you equate sporting integratory with business, I would venture to ask, if lets say Tesco was in the same situation, would you be asking the administrators about sporting integratory?

I would remind you it was the business side of things that ran into trouble, not the sporting side, afterall sporting integutary is for the field of play, not the boardroom.

You also seemed to imply that the administrators were somehow attemting a "tax dodge" and somehow impicit, I thought that as administrators they had a legal duty to the creditors including HMRC, afterall HMRC appoint adminstrators, are you saying that they all look for "tax dodging" solutions?

I believe you have been seduced by the viewpoints of others.

You may be a top notch journalist in the field of World affairs but when it comes to football and football institutions I think you should think again or become more educated in the matter.

is this clown for real laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

someone should tell him tesco have no sporting integrity rolleyes.gif

Not happy with allowing these cheating b*****ds to shag their arse the SPL and SFA are now going to do the housework while this shower are upstairs shagging poor auld granny rotten.

Absolutely shameful what this lot are getting away with in the name of Self Preservation.

Hell mend the spineless shower of diddy board members that drop their drawers at the flash of a quid.

[/quote

Will you A*r mob stop making reasonable posts? You is doing my head in, innit? Is it 'cos I is Blue?

KTID

post-21687-0-51578600-1336093409_thumb.p

Mr Miller i couldnt help but notice your bid is £11.2m. This is some way short of the £30m asking price

Correct evaluation. Not only with MR Whyte, but also with the only A*r player to perform at Hampden. He was superb, and made you lot hang on for another half an hour, therefore hitting traffic,therefore burning more diesel, therefore making your big day out more expensive, Thanks, Kev. Or Mr Cuthbert, whichever. I only remember

DEANOOOOOOO

KTID