Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

lol.. wut?

"We as a club have never owed money, except to the bank. We've always paid our debts"

Between 1987 and 1990, it wid take months for them to pay their Taxi bill which was normally due every month.

We were just a wee local Govan Cab company and the R*ngers cnuts ripped the piss out it.

It was only for about £200 a month on average.

DIE YE CNUTS !!

Have you seen the attendances this season in the SPL? The fans have deserted their own clubs in droves. Maybe if they actually went along to the games and put the money into their own clubs we wouldn't have such a stale boring league which is dominated by the only 2 clubs who fill their stadium every second week.

It is just too easy to point the finger of blame at the OF rather than trying to get the fans of other clubs back where they are needed.

If supporters of other clubs think they can harm Rangers in any way by not attending games they are deluded. I could not care less if any of them went back ever again. They only people they will be hurting will be their own clubs and if that is what they choose to do then so be it.

I wonder why that is?

It wouldn't be anything to do with the fact that fans are no longer prepared to fork out big £ in hard times to watch abysmal football in a league rigged to suit the needs of the two breathtakingly dreadful "big clubs"?

The establishment of the SPL- done in part to benefit the OF in the first place- has been the biggest disaster in Scottish football history. And look what you've done with all "your money" in the 15 years since.

:1eye

If supporters of other clubs think they can harm Rangers in any way by not attending games they are deluded. I could not care less if any of them went back ever again. They only people they will be hurting will be their own clubs and if that is what they choose to do then so be it.

I think that's a misreading of pozbaird's (and the like-minded posters') mood - it's precisely the other clubs (and their chairman) who are in the spotlight on this one.

Have you seen the attendances this season in the SPL? The fans have deserted their own clubs in droves. Maybe if they actually went along to the games and put the money into their own clubs we wouldn't have such a stale boring league which is dominated by the only 2 clubs who fill their stadium every second week.

Maybe if the league wasn't crookedly dominated by two teams more people would go to games. Maybe if they didn't face playing the same teams over and over and over again they might go more often.

The game's broken and needs fixed.

Excellent post!

The administrators at Ibrox are desperate to get away home and never have to deal with Rangers or Scottish football ever again. They will say anything, do anything, as long as it allows them to make the sharpest of exits from Ibrox.

Miller has put in a promise of about £11M for something reputed to be worth £20M - £30M. He knows it's a bit of a minefield but, it might just be worth tiptoeing through it if the reward is worth it. His bid is not binding; so he can withdraw it or lower it at any time. If he withdraws he will lose his half-million quid "show and tell" deposit, but he knows that he is now the only show in town and that there's a betting chance of profitting on the deal.

Even if he walks away, he will have had a look at the clubs financial details and will be in a position to "advise" others in the future.

Far from being niaive, you have put your finger on the exact point of the matter: Miller must be asking himself, as you put it, "Even the diddies at the SFA and SPL are surely not that daft, they would agree to demands set by , what is basically, a complete stranger!". It is his first step into Scottish football's minefield of stupidity and hypocrisy.

I think his poker face will eventually collapse and he will run away, clutching as much of Rangers assets as he can grab hold of.

And of that £11m as much as half will go direct to Duff and Duffer for their services so it will leave about 5-6m in the creditors pot. I'm sure HMRC and Ticketus are licking their lips at the proposals over breakfast - NOT !

It is just too easy to point the finger of blame at the OF rather than trying to get the fans of other clubs back where they are needed.

Oh aye they were both packed to the rafters this week :unsure:

What fans of the OF don't seem to realise is that without the other 10 clubs there would be no SPL - you NEED each and every one of us to make a league.

Edited by Billy Jean King

It's all about the quality not the quantity of supporters.

One diddy club fan is worth more to Soccerball than any number of millions of Old Firm bigot f*ckwits.

Edited by shull

You get more and more angry every day No8, tell me where will Rangers be when all our diddy clubs go out of business due to fans becoming so disillusioned they don't bother with Scottish football anymore? Playing Celtic 38 times a season? Do you really believe that will consistently fill your stadia week in and week out?

We are fed up only being here to make up the numbers in the old firm league, you can keep it, if it means ICT or every other club dying because of the stacked deck I really couldn't give a f**k, if my club are a party to cheating they deserve all they get. Will Rangers try to save them when they go the same way as your cheating, lying scheming scum of a club?

I wonder why that is?

It wouldn't be anything to do with the fact that fans are no longer prepared to fork out big £ in hard times to watch abysmal football in a league rigged to suit the needs of the two breathtakingly dreadful "big clubs"?

Neither of these posts are correct... Fans are not deserting their clubs in droves - and those clubs that are down this season, are down due to underperformance. Only 4 clubs are down and of those Hibs + Inverness have been poor onfield, and Hearts are only down a few hundred.

What may/may not happen if NewCo occurs is for hypothetical postulation, but people haven't "deserted their clubs in droves", nor (realistically) as they feel it's rigged.

Yep. The Millers of this world do not gamble half a million pounds on anything. He knows the full story. All of the characters in this farce know the full story. Everyone involved in the Great Stitch Up of 2012 will be about 3 steps ahead of public knowledge.

Beep beep...the Obvious Outcome bus is zooming down the motorway at full speed. Next season's SPL fixtures will be finalised as soon as Dunfermline's relegation is confirmed.

Fortunately he hasn't stumped up the £500k for exclusivity. All he's done is move £11millon into his solicitors account to prove he has the funds.

That's probably his own money. Then again does anyone know if there is a rival company to TicketUs? Maybe he's sold the next three years of season tickets to them.... :lol:

Edited by Jie Bie

If the likes of myself, Drooper, and many others choose not to go back to SPL games - it won't be as an act which tries to hurt Rangers. That suggestion is patently stupid. It would be a decision taken with a heavy heart and a great deal of sadness. I have supported St Mirren for 36 years, and have many reasons for disliking Rangers, but none of those reasons have been enough to make me walk away or turn my back.

If I sadly choose to walk away, it won't be because of Rangers - it would be because of my own club's reaction to Rangers, should my club decide to condone cheating, tax avoidance, and vote for a cheat's charter in a corrupt sporting 'competition'.

It's not about Rangers. It's about St Mirren, and the people in charge of St Mirren. I don't give a fcuk about Rangers.

1336123698[/url]' post='6200822']

Fortunately he hasn't stumped up the £500k for exclusivity. All he's done is move £11millon into his solicitors account to prove he has the funds.

That's probably his own money. Then again does anyone know if there is a rival company to TicketUs? Maybe he's sold the next three years of season tickets to them.... :lol:

But if a CVA fails, where does that go? Could he seriously acquire the assets without handing over a cent?

To all the fans of diddy teams, here are Sandy Jardine's words of wisdom, which amount to a gigantic GIRUY. He has a particular message for Airdrieonians fans in his final paragraph.

If that's not enough to make you seethe, then you have ice in your veins.

Notice no mention of the 'this all goes back 3-5 years, I could write a book about it" that he said on Radio Scotland on Wednesday night. Sandy knows.......

Check the post for the summons Sandy......dry.gif

You are right.

I said way back at the start of this, that the only people who can punish Rangers are fans of the other clubs.

Owners and board members at the other clubs will bend over and be sworded by Rangers, for short term economic benefit. Quite understandably - they don't want the headache of a funding black hole for next season and the one beyond.

But fans of these clubs have to take a stand now and say "no thanks". We won't go back if Rangers are allowed to swan back in as if nothing happened.

The mouthpieces of the diddy clubs will talk about the SPL needing Rangers. What they forget is that they also need their own customers even more. The only thing that can give them a backbone is if fans desert in droves and refuse to partake in an SPL with Rangers 1690.

But they won't. So the club chairmen will do everything in their power to ensure Rangers are just fine.

Maybe but, people like myself who have a 500+ miles round trip to attend matches can probably drop the game more easily than fans living near their home team. I can only attend a few games per season and so find plenty to do on match days where I don't attend. I will find it fairly easy to not bother travelling anymore.

As has been said umpteen times before, fans have no means of influencing their respective chairmen other than to proclaim that they will no longer be turning up at matches. There is no other weapon in the armoury, chairmen at this present time will be hoping that fans are saying this out of sheer frustration but will in fact find themselves unable to carry out the threat when the time comes.

If the likes of myself, Drooper, and many others choose not to go back to SPL games - it won't be as an act which tries to hurt Rangers. That suggestion is patently stupid. It would be a decision taken with a heavy heart and a great deal of sadness. I have supported St Mirren for 36 years, and have many reasons for disliking Rangers, but none of those reasons have been enough to make me walk away or turn my back.

If I sadly choose to walk away, it won't be because of Rangers - it would be because of my own club's reaction to Rangers, should my club decide to condone cheating, tax avoidance, and vote for a cheat's charter in a corrupt sporting 'competition'.

It's not about Rangers. It's about St Mirren, and the people in charge of St Mirren. I don't give a fcuk about Rangers.

Ditto.

And should finish with a full stop. ;)

KTID

:lol:

The smilie is the new full stop 8)

Is it just the transfer of assets though? The administrators seem to be talking about transfer of the "assets" and "the football club" does that not effectively make it the transfer of a business as a going concern.

Does being in admin not mean that the business is not a viable going concern? Theres also a bit about the core business, which might cover it, but then if the SPL share is sold as an asset, maybe not.

I dont know.

Surely though the 'goodwill' element of any name transfer involving the word 'Rangers' in the future IS covered in some way, as that is effectively an intangible asset just like intellectual property is? It's a branding thing which is what they are hoping to retain for commercial value.

EDIT: point above just confirmed by bloke on Sportsound

What was confirmed? That TUPE applies or doesnt?

So, correct me if i'm wrong.

Everyone is shafted by newco. (You, me , the taxman, the public, football ,itegrity, honesty, fair play etc)

UNLESS oldco can't force a CVA, in which case, WHAT HAPPENS?

Thats the bit no-one is really sure about!

I take it the Yankee Doodle Not So Dandy (as LEGGO calls him) is planning to move the assets, such as the stadium and the training ground, to "I can't believe it's not a Newco". Will this not require the approval of the current majority shareholder of The Rangers? And why on earth would Craig "Stand Up Guy" Whyte do that for nothing? Surely he'll be demanding cash - or just refuse it out of spite if he isn't getting any?

Also, let's assume the SFA don't bend over and let the penalties imposed stand. Did they not say these would also be imposed on a Newco? So how is Windy Miller going to transfer the registrations of players from The Rangers to I can't believe it's not a Newco? Because surely that will mean new registrations?

Maybe the players will end up with two contracts. Again.

No. The administrators run the show now. It may well need approval from the creditors though

Alex Thompson may be more forthright than some of the other journalists but I think a bit sensational, paraphrased:

"This may look like a football club behind me, but its a giant symbol of despair"

A bit more, or a bit less, than everything thats come from H&D, McCoist, Jardine, the Rangers fans and the media about how Scottish football needs Rangers and how x decision will be the "death of the club"?

You are right.

I said way back at the start of this, that the only people who can punish Rangers are fans of the other clubs.

Owners and board members at the other clubs will bend over and be sworded by Rangers, for short term economic benefit. Quite understandably - they don't want the headache of a funding black hole for next season and the one beyond.

But fans of these clubs have to take a stand now and say "no thanks". We won't go back if Rangers are allowed to swan back in as if nothing happened.

The mouthpieces of the diddy clubs will talk about the SPL needing Rangers. What they forget is that they also need their own customers even more. The only thing that can give them a backbone is if fans desert in droves and refuse to partake in an SPL with Rangers 1690.

But they won't. So the club chairmen will do everything in their power to ensure Rangers are just fine.

You could be right but for me it's not about boycotts, that's never going to happen outside the imagination of the jardines of the world. Given that most punters in Scotland "support" either the OF or an EPL franchise I have no doubt that crowds won't change much. I won't be going if newco waltz back in and I believe a few other old cronies of mine won't. At most about 1000 Dons fans voted in the SPL survey that they won't go back but I would say that's tops. Not a boycott; leave that to the OF.

So in today's DR Jim Traynor says that HMRC and Ticketus have agreed for this deal to go ahead, yet Alex Thomson says that they know nothing about this.

So has Jim actually did a bit of journalism and contacted these people directly, or is he still following the party line and printing whatever he gets told to from Castle Greyskull? dry.gif