Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Ach fill your boots, you'll be getting it tight for the next decade

Hopefully for more than a decade...This time last week i wasn't sure we would still be around for June!!!! Taking it tight from away supporters is nothing new to Rangers supporters

I've worked for the same IT company for 25 years. In that time it has changed hands (and I've been TUPEd) 3 or 4 times - I've never had to sign a new contract. I thought the whole point of TUPE is that you keep your existing contractual terms.

Perhaps it depends on the size of the company, I did new contracts though.

Perhaps with Rangers though its different because they are seen as assets?

Through the audited accounts. They are public documents are they not? The SFA also had the players contracts. Is this you just realisng everything about the EBTs was above board and public??

So why did Bain tell his secretary to shred the evidence that a contractual payment was being disguised as a loan to evade tax?

Fun will start when Miller has a good look at the books, says "F*ck that fur a game of sodjers" and walks away.

Cue the parcel being passed to TBK, who then spend the next couple of weeks trying to get out of the deal.

But surely he knows all that already, isn't that what all this incubator nonsense is about, and "cleansing" one half only to join the dots at a later date. I'm fcuked if I can see how that is all legal.

So why did Bain tell his secretary to shred the evidence that a contractual payment was being disguised as a loan to evade tax?

That's a perfectly legitimate way of covering your tracks and was docume... oh yeah, I see a flaw.....

1336130890[/url]' post='6201185']

How would you know what 'My usual self' is if you only joined on the 12th of April? :P

Long term Guest, short term poster. Can't fault your research though, at least you've more about you than the bulk of the Scottish media. You can spell, for a start.

What's this "Big Tax Case" malarkey all about then?

You were allowed to lend players money through EBTs.The problem is Rangers..supposedly...had paperwork that said they did not have to re-pay the 'loan' therefore making it a payment..according to HMRC and taxable.

I think that is correct but if not i am sure someone will correct it

Through the audited accounts. They are public documents are they not? The SFA also had the players contracts. Is this you just realisng everything about the EBTs was above board and public??

Payments to players should be declared as part of their contracts, sneaking a wee line into page 43 of your accounts doesn't really amount to a submission to the SPL/SFA unfortunately.

The way most companies go about their EBT's is legal. Putting details of what you will give to players in writing tends to invalidate the discretionary part of them and that's when you make HMRC angry, as I'm very confident we will find out once the FTT publishes its report.

Hopefully for more than a decade...This time last week i wasn't sure we would still be around for June!!!! Taking it tight from away supporters is nothing new to Rangers supporters

To be clear, Rangers fans take it tight from other supporters?

Hard-Gay-animated-sprite.gif

Long term Guest, short term poster. Can't fault your research though, at least you've more about you than the bulk of the Scottish media. You can spell, for a start.

Dictionary.Com is a wonderful thing ;)

Angry? I am not angry..Infact i am happier about this whole situation than i have been since we went into Administration. What have i got to be angry about?

I think the anger is coming from the diddy supporters who are frustrated that their own clubs couldn't force through a change to the rules to try and punish a club further than they already have been punished. Their clubs trying to cheat their way to closing the ever widening gap by changing the rules mid season.

Next season these clubs will suffer even more with no Rangers travelling support...Their own fans taking out their anger on their own clubs as they failed to change the rules midseason.

Nah i have nothing to be angry about...If you are looking for anger google Alex Thomson the Republican Apologist..Now that is pain,anger and hurt. :lol:

You didn't get a single wee greenie for that fine effort.

Times are indeed tough.

im really not sure how this will all pan out but what if:

newco rangers get straight into the SPL but still not allowed to sign players and got relegated next season, would they be allowed entry to the SFL?

so many worms!:blink:

Yep because that is likely to happen if we cant sign players for 12 months.

Regardless of how all this farce turns out - my own opinion of the SFA, SPL, the puppet media et al is massively diminished to the point where they lack any credibility at all.

The Ugly Sisters have (with the help of compliant or complicit media and organising bodies) been carving up the Scottish game for far too long, justifying their obscene plundering of the prize money based on a "following" and "popularity" that most clubs would be embarrassed to admit to.

The fact that one of them has been caught with their hands in the till has sent the apologists into overdrive and the insidious pontification and scrambling from various media and footballing authorities doing their utmost to "keep this massive institution (sic) alive" reeks of soddomy.

But more than all of the above....

It makes me embarrassed to be Sottish right now.

You were allowed to lend players money through EBTs.The problem is Rangers..supposedly...had paperwork that said they did not have to re-pay the 'loan' therefore making it a payment..according to HMRC and taxable.

I think that is correct but if not i am sure someone will correct it

So, not all above board then :rolleyes:

newco rangers get straight into the SPL but still not allowed to sign players and got relegated next season, would they be allowed entry to the SFL?

Almost certainly... SPL + SFL have an agreement requiring the other to take a relegated/promoted side meeting ground etc. criteria. However, SFL could demote them to SFL3, (somewhat) like with Gretna or Livingston.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Perhaps it depends on the size of the company, I did new contracts though.

Perhaps with Rangers though its different because they are seen as assets?

Some times you get a new contract, sometimes you don't - they cannot ask you to sign a new contract for something that is not in your favour - ie: they could increase the amount of holidays you are entitled to, but they are not allowed to decrease them.

Who knows what will apply in Rangers case - I think they're just making it up as the go along.