Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

So at what point in history can one use the term 'Israel' to describe that nation?

I'll go for 1948 , when Israel became a nation.

OK so not the 1700s when Handel wrote his oratorio?

Not post 1611 when the King James bible was produced in English?

Edited by The_Kincardine

Is the theory that people in power can act towards shared agendas really that original for you?

I gave you a let-out by suggesting it was simply inertia. Another poster, rightly, described it as laziness.

You started to say it wasn't a conspiracy then tried to soften it by saying the parties worked in concert.

Neither are true. The Football authorities, the press and the police do not collaborate in any way shape or form here.

So we've established that the phrase "Israel in Egypt" was acceptable 250+ years ago. Where, exactly, do you take issue with me?

No one questioned that.

We're just laughing at your "Israel in Egypyt" being used to describe "captive tribes"

Edited by THE KING

The King James bible was never translated into English.

Here's the start of the preface (to the King James version) - Epistle and Dedicatorie

To the most high and mightie Prince, James by the grace of God

King of Great Britaine, France and Ireland, Defender of the Faith , &c.

The translators of The Bible,wish Grace, Mercie, and Peace, through Jesus Christ our Lord

Here's the start of the preface (to the King James version) - Epistle and Dedicatorie

To the most high and mightie Prince, James by the grace of God

King of Great Britaine, France and Ireland, Defender of the Faith , &c.

The translators of The Bible,wish Grace, Mercie, and Peace, through Jesus Christ our Lord

I think Strychnine was right - The KJV was never translated in to English as it was an English translation.

As I've said, we don't have a conspiracy in the true sense of the word. When people with shared interests act at the same time, sometimes by overlapping however, we can get effects that are not unlike those achieved by a more organised, single movement.

I really don't know what you're getting at. It's not a conspiracy then.

Spelling aside, 'Israel' certainly existed before 1948 and was a common term.

No doubt it did , like many others, but the first time it was internationally recognised was 1948.

But remind us what this has to do with your imaginary tribes called Israel in the time Moses who were captive?

I gave you a let-out by suggesting it was simply inertia. Another poster, rightly, described it as laziness.

You started to say it wasn't a conspiracy then tried to soften it by saying the parties worked in concert.

Neither are true. The Football authorities, the press and the police do not collaborate in any way shape or form here.

From the very outset, I only described it as a "sort of conspiracy".

At times, the OF and the press have certainly worked in concert. That's what the whole 'succulent lamb' thing is such a clear example of.

To that end, there has certainly been a degree of collaboration.

Do you wish to deny my assertion that when bodies pursue shared ideas, it can have a similar impact to that of a conspiracy?