Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I see Deutsch Bank and UBS have lost their supreme Court challenges re tax due on EBTs. Slightly different scenario, but court ruled tax was payable.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-03-09/deutsche-bank-ubs-lose-bonus-tax-dispute-at-u-k-supreme-court-ilko7hcq

But they didn't gain an advantage doofus!!

I see Deutsch Bank and UBS have lost their supreme Court challenges re tax due on EBTs. Slightly different scenario, but court ruled tax was payable.http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-03-09/deutsche-bank-ubs-lose-bonus-tax-dispute-at-u-k-supreme-court-ilko7hcq

Will nobody think of the hospitals...

As I have not followed this whole saga from the start, I would love a simple, even just yes or no answers to the following genuine questions (apologies if they have been covered already, but no way am I am trawling through 6000 pages).

1. If it is proven that nothing was legally wrong with it, do Rangers fans truly believe there was nothing morally wrong about using EBTs?

2. and do Rangers fans truly believe they have paid all their debts out-with the HMRC big tax case?

3. also, if you are the same club, do you feel it is only right and proper that all debts from the oldco are transferred to the newco, since you are essentially the same entity?

*and if the answer is yes to question 2, what happened to the £20M odd Tax bill that Craig Whyte failed to pay after he took over?

Thank you.

Hmmm a five year old account, barely used until now, with a familiar posting style......

Don't give a f**k mate.

But I tell you what, why don't you ask the SFA, UEFA, ASA, Lord Nimmo etc., etc., etc.

It's them you need to convince, not us.

Until then, it's Warburton's magic hat and the march to 55.

I'm sure the points deduction will only be 15 points. 

As I have not followed this whole saga from the start, I would love a simple, even just yes or no answers to the following genuine questions (apologies if they have been covered already, but no way am I am trawling through 6000 pages).

1. If it is proven that nothing was legally wrong with it, do Rangers fans truly believe there was nothing morally wrong about using EBTs?

2. and do Rangers fans truly believe they have paid all their debts out-with the HMRC big tax case?

3. also, if you are the same club, do you feel it is only right and proper that all debts from the oldco are transferred to the newco, since you are essentially the same entity?

*and if the answer is yes to question 2, what happened to the £20M odd Tax bill that Craig Whyte failed to pay after he took over?

Thank you.

Deceased

Folks, this story is dead in the water.

You all have a view on what happened in 2012 and subsequently.

We are where we are and we will most likely have a team playing at ibrox in the premiership next year.

Not a particularly palatable thought but is this debate really worth the energy?

Start looking to the future ffs

We are where we are and we will most likely have a team playing at ibrox in the premiership next year.

Not a particularly palatable thought but is this debate really worth the energy?

Actually a sensible post , well done

Awa and dinna talk pish, sevco is the be all and end all.

Where would Philip, Rangers Football Monitor, Doleman etc, get donations from if folk gave up on sevco?

Sorry but old Rangers cheated to win titles and cups.

I forked out thousands of pounds over many years to watch a rigged sport.

We have all been cheated. 

All those EBT-fuelled honours should be stripped.

Nothing will change that - passage of time does not alter facts.

Thank you.

these questions have been answered before numerous times

1. yep believe 100% there was nothing morally wrong with using ebts, rangers made the mistake of doing it in house rather than organising tax avoidance schemes after payment like celtic did with the film investment scheme

2. newco is not responsible for oldcos debts so legally all the debts have been paid off (and more since there was no legal requirement to pay off football debts), this happens all the time and there has been little support for the creditors of hearts, dundee, motherwell  and other clubs who went through the admin process who will get roughly the same pennies in the pound as the creditors of rangers will get, rangers fans also paid some of the creditors back out of their own pockets through the rangers fighting fund which to my knowledge fans of the other teams mentioned did not bother to do (22k to dunfermline, the often mentioned face painter was paid back by a rangers fan - its pretty clear that most of you are having a go just because its rangers

3. we are the same club, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind, as for the debts , nope i do not agree they should be transferred over, hundreds of thousands of companies have been through the same process are are not required to pay the debts so the same should apply to rangers

http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thomsons-view/rangers-fans-decency-fails-inspire-rfc-fat-cats/1190

nothing in there is a fact

Poor Ken

Broken by the big bad Rangers

Get it right fucking up yae

I respect that view and as I said everyone has their own opinion on it. I have mine.

I just don't see what near on 7000 pages of pretty much nonsense is achieving.

these questions have been answered before numerous times

1. yep believe 100% there was nothing morally wrong with using ebts, rangers made the mistake of doing it in house rather than organising tax avoidance schemes after payment like celtic did with the film investment scheme

2. newco is not responsible for oldcos debts so legally all the debts have been paid off (and more since there was no legal requirement to pay off football debts), this happens all the time and there has been little support for the creditors of hearts, dundee, motherwell  and other clubs who successfully went through the admin process who will get roughly the same pennies in the pound as the creditors of rangers will get, rangers fans also paid some of the creditors back out of their own pockets through the rangers fighting fund which to my knowledge fans of the other teams mentioned did not bother to do (22k to dunfermline, the often mentioned face painter was paid back by a rangers fan - its pretty clear that most of you are having a go just because its rangers and their cheating

3. we are the same club, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind, as for the debts , nope i do not agree they should be transferred over, hundreds of thousands of companies  have been through the same process are are not required to pay the debts so the same should apply to rangers

http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thomsons-view/rangers-fans-decency-fails-inspire-rfc-fat-cats/1190

adding a few FTFYs