Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The one actual punishment for the biggest disgrace in Scottish football history and they still haven't settled up.

I think Bennet asked why he should view sevco as a new club. Pretty simple really, any ordinary human being would be ashamed of Rangers and would want to distance themselves from such a disgrace. Ordinary human beings, I know.

It is amazing that you simply don't seem to get any Rangers voices saying "Come on lads. Let's do the right thing here."

On that FF thread, one or two say to pay up and move on, but nobody seems to think that doing so should be done because it's right and that they've actually been let off very lightly for the greatest footballing offence in Scottish history.

It only makes sense when you remember why so many of them support a club like that in the first place.

And only 3 days ago in their accounts... TRFCL also notes proceedings raised by the SPL in 2012 against The Rangers Football Club Plc (Oldco) relating to the use of employee benefit trusts (EBTs) led to a £250,000 fine being levied against Oldco in 2013 plus costs of £150,000. The company notes: “As part of the agreement to allow Rangers to participate in Scottish football, there was a clause inserted where it was agreed that Rangers would become liable and responsible for the imposition of any sanctions by the SPL or any breach of rules and or articles by Oldco/Rangers FC (ie. The £250,000 fine). “The club believes that the SPFL has, through documents and actions, waived all and any rights it may have had to insist upon repayment under the clause, thereby holding the club harmless in relation to the sanctions. “This is disputed by the SPFL.†TRFCL notes it is seeking an Arbitral Tribunal ruling on the issue, and if it loses the case, will be liable for the fine, plus interest and costs. The tribunal sat on October 29 and 30 of last year to consider the matter, though a final ruling has yet to be announced. Lol 400k

Hmmm.  I wonder what the company thinks about it though.

Were I so unfortunate as to be a diddy I'd be raging that this bill was given to Sevco.  This is because I can do joined-up thinking.

Quite right. I'd have preferred your new club to have to have gone through the proper process to gain league admittance. That said, given the agreements made your club should pay the fine.

It was one of the conditions of the new club being preferentially placed in the 4th tier.  Pretty simple stuff kinky.

Absolutely.

He's tried this nonsense before, apparently under the impression that it's clever. When another administration looked likely, he thought it was some kind of trump card to suggest that we'd all be pressing for the points penalty to reflect a first offence.

It truly is the logic of the playground, at a kindergarten, ignoring that those responsible for issuing penalties or collecting fines regard this as the same club.

Why on earth would we want Rangers to get the best of both worlds? I actually think he's a great deal less intelligent than he does.