Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

You have already been told that the RFFF paid the some/a small percentage/not that many/a minority/ of the small creditors. TBF. as per usual, I have no clue what I am talking about.

^^^^^ The facts the 'Fivestar Fool' meant to communicate ... 

You have already been told that the RFFF paid the small creditors, you have also been told that the footballing debt was paid as part of the deal to have the membership transferred from oldco to newco.

Is that all the footballing debt or just some of it? Must be just some, otherwise you'd have written 'all', right?

No point Bennett, he knows fine what he did, but you know he will just bore us all to tears denying it all day, classic attention seeking,

:lol:

Got sent this on Facebook from a g&g, harry Forrester mentions new Rangers, the proof is finally out there.

" HARRY FORRESTER hopes he can celebrate a Championship title medal with a new Rangers contract after firing Mark Warburton’s side to the brink of promotion on Saturday.

"

Apparently he wants a contract from new Rangers, along with the gates proof I reckon we have to hold oor hands up here.

Seeeeevvvvvvcccoooooooooooooooooo....

Rising from the dead?

A cracking story, but it needs taken with at least a pinch, does it not?

^ heathen

^^^^^ The facts the 'Fivestar Fool' meant to communicate ...

Hmmmmmm, who could this be.....

Language as I have banged on about recently is important. If I lent you a ton and you gave me £2 back, have you repaid the money? Naw.

If I was into computer games and suggested... "i have completed the game".

With out that adjective of quantity, I have completed the whole game.

the
ðə,ðɪ,ðiË/
determiner
determiner: the

used to make a generalized reference to something rather than identifying a particular instance.
"he taught himself to play the violin"
  • used with a singular noun to indicate that it represents a whole species or class.
    "they placed the African elephant on their endangered list"
  • used with an adjective to refer to those people who are of the type described.
    "the unemployed"
  • used with an adjective to refer to something of the class or quality described.
    "they are trying to accomplish the impossible"
  • used with the name of a unit to state a rate.
    "they can do 120 miles to the gallon"

What with Kinky's previous effort, the Bears aren't having much luck with their Queen's English.

Edited by strichener

Except it is not my lie, it is yours.

You said 'No you were asked to backup your claim that all the small creditors had been paid.'

I made no such claim...you lied.

You very clearly implied that they'd all been paid.

Your failure to accept this trivial wee point is hilarious.

Except it is not my lie, it is yours.

You said 'No you were asked to backup your claim that all the small creditors had been paid.'

I made no such claim...you lied.

13th March, you said 'You have already been told that the RFFF paid the small creditors,.'

If I said, 'I've paid the bills', anyone familiar with the English language would assume I meant all of the bills, not just some of the bills.

You weren't being disingenuous, were you?

Oh Ted.

While this has been fun, it's now starting to make me feel a little uneasy.

If It matters to you to not admit getting this wrong, we should probably leave you to it. What does it say though?

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Don't listen tedi......you keep digging.

Tbh I have enjoyed watching you make a 5 star dickhead

of yerself yet again.

Edited by the 67

I'm not shooting any messenger here chap I am merely quoting the one tome whose opinion I would take over yours in the realm of language, the Dictionary.

BTW I'm not, as you may have suggested, upset about this and there are lots of examples of, say, "in a foment", in literature.

Also the role of a dictionary is, largely, to describe rather than proscribe and I don't think I'm being arrogant in saying that the dictionary got this one wrong.