Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

On 1/15/2017 at 15:18, sugna said:

I think that the use of apostrophes is sometimes indicative of a poor grasp of grammar. Not in your case, however: so I'm surprised that no diddy has leapt on this one as proof of a subliminal acceptance that the new and old clubs are separate entities.

;)

Hmm, that's supposed to be a cheeky wink [sic]. Looks like someone's having a stroke [sic].

Sorry I missed this, young Shug.  You are, of course, absolutely right and my Freudian slip was showing.

On 1/16/2017 at 00:33, BobWilliamson said:

My biggest fear is we go down the fan ownership road that King has talked about. I fear the fans put in charge will listen to those who shout the loudest.

Absolute mayhem if we have fan ownership, Boab.  Fucking splitters the lot of us.  I don't mind that quality but it won't lead to a happy ending.

I've been following the Corals case via Doleman's tweets (I know but I really am sick at the moment - nothing better to do).

Coral's counsel seems all over the place with his questions.  There's no 'narrative' at all, just a scattergun approach.  Just when you think he might be heading down the 'new club shoehorned in' route - he refers to the 'team' being bought rather than the 'club' - he veers off to ask about the odds.  Verra, verra strange.

12 minutes ago, The DA said:

I've been following the Corals case via Doleman's tweets (I know but I really am sick at the moment - nothing better to do).

Coral's counsel seems all over the place with his questions.  There's no 'narrative' at all, just a scattergun approach.  Just when you think he might be heading down the 'new club shoehorned in' route - he refers to the 'team' being bought rather than the 'club' - he veers off to ask about the odds.  Verra, verra strange.

First witness for the defence up now. We will see how that goes.

This tweetings been a fantastic laugh.  In essence you have loads of Sevco fans cheering on a guy that in all likelihood supports Celtic.  I'm waiting for the what school did you go to question.  One thing strikes me about this whole case.  Your not going to convince me that given the fact that oldcos problems were known about, that only 1 person in the entire UK placed a bet for Rangers to be relegated around the same time as this guy did.  24 people bet on Leicester winning the league.  Only 1 betting on Rangers getting relegated?  Shite!

On 1/14/2017 at 20:11, The_Kincardine said:

The only surprising thing is that the grey and green dross haven't sought crowdfunding to pay for someone to tweet the court discussion/verdict.  Time for that to happen, though.

1 hour ago, The DA said:

1 hour ago, stonedsailor said:

First witness for the defence up now. We will see how that goes.

:lol: Just when you thought the diddies couldn't get any diddier....

On 1/16/2017 at 00:33, BobWilliamson said:

My biggest fear is we go down the fan ownership road that King has talked about. I fear the fans put in charge will listen to those who shout the loudest.

f**k me.  Can you imagine?  There's a fairly large percentage of our support I'm convinced still need help tying their shoes.

8 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

f**k me.  Can you imagine?  There's a fairly large percentage of our support I'm convinced still need help tying their shoes.

Hey you should have more important things to do...like following a Celtic fan tweeting about a betting dispute.

47 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

This tweetings been a fantastic laugh.  In essence you have loads of Sevco fans cheering on a guy that in all likelihood supports Celtic.  I'm waiting for the what school did you go to question.  One thing strikes me about this whole case.  Your not going to convince me that given the fact that oldcos problems were known about, that only 1 person in the entire UK placed a bet for Rangers to be relegated around the same time as this guy did.  24 people bet on Leicester winning the league.  Only 1 betting on Rangers getting relegated?  Shite!

I can easily believe that only one guy would have put on the kind of money to make pursuing this worth the risk.

24 people voting on Leicester isn't odd.  For starters, they play in the much bigger, more attractive market of England.  

For another, there will have been Leicester fans who always stick a daft little bet on them each summer.  It's much more surprising that their numbers came up than that they exist at all.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I can easily believe that only one guy would have put on the kind of money to make pursuing this worth the risk.

24 people voting on Leicester isn't odd.  For starters, they play in the much bigger, more attractive market of England.  

For another, there will have been Leicester fans who always stick a daft little bet on them each summer.  It's much more surprising that their numbers came up than that they exist at all.

That's just it though.  Sure, perhaps only 1 guy placed a £100 wager for a £250k return.  But almost certainly people stuck a quid or 50p on it for a laugh.  Chances are bets were being placed long into the season.  You can bet today on Everton getting relegated at 500/1.  Now what would be a killer for Coral is evidence that they paid out this bet when someone stuck 10p on it or a similar low wager.  It's almost a certain that some other punter made this bet, probably with a different bookmaker.

41 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

:lol: Just when you thought the diddies couldn't get any diddier....

Better than drinking yourself into an early grave, I've seen it happen to someone very close. You have a rough ride ahead whereas we will learn something of legal procedures. I know who is better off.

3 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

That's just it though.  Sure, perhaps only 1 guy placed a £100 wager for a £250k return.  But almost certainly people stuck a quid or 50p on it for a laugh.  Chances are bets were being placed long into the season.  You can bet today on Everton getting relegated at 500/1.  Now what would be a killer for Coral is evidence that they paid out this bet when someone stuck 10p on it or a similar low wager.  It's almost a certain that some other punter made this bet, probably with a different bookmaker.

I'd imagine that if anyone did place such a bet, the bookie would have not paid out and the punter would have accepted it, as pursuing it would not have been worthwhile.

I've been following the case on twitter as well, I'm more interested in the outcome because I used to work in the Bookies. Personally I think that the guy is 100% at it and Coral should win the case. I was interested to see that he didn't take it to IBAS first (because I think he knows he would have lost) so he's lumped his chances on getting a judge to take his point of view. I don't think, whatever the ruling, it has any influence on oldco/newco arguments and I'm not really fussed about that aspect of it.