Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

20 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

That there's been a different company has never been an issue.  Most teams in Scotland don't chart their club's history as being co-terminus with its registered company.

I would like the opinion of Airdrie fans on this one

That there's been a different company has never been an issue.  Most teams in Scotland don't chart their club's history as being co-terminus with its registered company.

You say most teams in Scotland don't. Can you confirm who else would fall into this group of teams, alongside Rangers?

3 minutes ago, dave.j said:

You say most teams in Scotland don't. Can you confirm who else would fall into this group of teams, alongside Rangers?

The Whistle springs to mind.  You don't marry the history of your founding with your company registration.  Do you?

When the club and company are incorporated it makes it abit clearer

57 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

What do you mean by "club" in this context?

1 minute ago, bennett said:

A biscuit.

You see Bennett, I put in "in this context" precisely because I thought a walloper like yourself might say something like 'an implement for hitting a golf ball' or even 'a biscuit'. 

It still wasn't enough though, was it?

11 minutes ago, weirdcal said:

When the club and company are incorporated it makes it abit clearer

How does it?  We all know that the group playing football (club) @Monkey Tennisand its associated company aren't the same thing.  This is why almost all clubs don't align their playing history with the date of their incorporation.

9 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

How does it?  We all know that the group playing football (club) @Monkey Tennisand its associated company aren't the same thing.  This is why almost all clubs don't align their playing history with the date of their incorporation.

Are you saying a "group playing football" constitutes a club?

If so, that sounds problematic.

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Are you saying a "group playing football" constitutes a club?

If so, that sounds problematic.

Well they may have to have a common kit, a ball, access to a park for regulated games and to play to agreed rules within an agreed association/competition.  The bar to being a club is pretty low* which is why Soccer is such a popular game.

What they certainly don't need is a company reg. number.  Do they?

*Yes...I know.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

Well they may have to have a common kit, a ball, access to a park for regulated games and to play to agreed rules within an agreed association/competition.  The bar to being a club is pretty low* which is why Soccer is such a popular game.

What they certainly don't need is a company reg. number.  Do they?

*Yes...I know.

If they pay their players, I think they do.

As you know, nobody suggested that anything other than the club that is Rangers, signed Gascoigne in 1995.  Club and company have always been considered synonymous in a football sense.

I'm quite relaxed about continuity.  Claim it if you wish.  It obviously wasn't seamless though and can't rationally be seen to have been so.

24 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

You see Bennett, I put in "in this context" precisely because I thought a walloper like yourself might say something like 'an implement for hitting a golf ball' or even 'a biscuit'. 

It still wasn't enough though, was it?

You've been prattling on about it for around five years now and are still no further forward. 

1 minute ago, bennett said:

You've been prattling on about it for around five years now and are still no further forward. 

"No further forward"?

I don't suppose I am.  My position hasn't shifted and you guys daren't allow yours to.  

I'll still make my point though; same as you do when you periodically stop the idiocy.