Mad Men

Lou sounds and looks a bit too like Ed Begley Jnr, it was driving me up the wall who he sounded like him.

I hope not, but fear Rodge is heading for a heart attack in this series.

I must be 'half a fag' as Betty and Don's wife do absolutley nothing for me. Both are annoying and clog up too many scene time.

Ginsberg will be missed. Stan is great as usual so far, so is Roger's secretary and Meredith too. Pistol Pete is interesting - he has likeable qualities yet everytime shows he is a weasel, if it was some other program, he would have came out the other side.

• 2 weeks later...

So what are folks thoughts on the ending of this half of the series? And what are people's thoughts on how it's all going to end?

I must admit that I think I'll miss Cooper. I thought he was funny and he was always good for some words of wisdom here and there.

Although it seems unlikely, I just can't shake the feeling that Don and Peggy might end up together. I don't think there'll be any deaths or suicides etc. I think we'll get a happy ending.

I reckon Bert may keep popping up in visions with Don much like his song number at the end. Sad to see him go.

Don? f**k knows. Most seem to expect the worse for him, myself included, but I really can't call it. Mad Men never seems to be building towards a huge climatic ending so it's a tough one to call.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Been watching through this again, just got to the episode in Series 2, where Freddy pisses himself. What a great episode, it pulls off funny, sad and depressing all really well. Salv accepts Freddy's offer of a drink and he gives him a huge glass full of whisky. Great wee touches like that in this program. I don't find any of the characters particularly like-able, but you do find yourself rooting for some of them at times. I'm a huge fan of Pete, who's probably the biggest c**t out of them all.

Been watching through this again, just got to the episode in Series 2, where Freddy pisses himself. What a great episode, it pulls off funny, sad and depressing all really well. Salv accepts Freddy's offer of a drink and he gives him a huge glass full of whisky. Great wee touches like that in this program. I don't find any of the characters particularly like-able, but you do find yourself rooting for some of them at times. I'm a huge fan of Pete, who's probably the biggest c**t out of them all.

Can't think of any characters I don't like tbh!!! It's the one show where I like everybody in it!

I constantly wanted Pete to fail in the earlier seasons but found myself on his side in the latter seasons. A total spoilt brat man child, but a fantastic character.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm still in the process of rewatching this. Recently saw the episode where Sterling takes acid. What a fantastic episode, one of the best single episodes of TV I can remember watching. I'm sure there are reviews out there which would do it better justice than I can, but I really liked the way that Don and Roger swap places in terms of happiness.

It's strange that a drama like mad men, where not all that much really happens, can be so engrossing. It's up there as one of my favourite programs on TV. Compared to things like Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones where it's all action and huge events. The subtle approach works far better when its done well imo.