Mad Men

Have only watched The Wire, Sopranos and The Thick of It more than once. Think I'll go through this again at some point. Great programme.

Certainly in top five dramas for me of all time. With the exception of The Bridge, nothing has compared since.

Mad Men was superb tv, especially as I grew up in the 60's and could relate to all the events, music and fashion of the best decade ever.

I never watch a series a second time as I'm always a bit scared that it won't be as good as I remember but Mad Men definitely deserves another watch if I can find the time.

I watched it through twice (although it was the first time seeing the last series) and it was just as good second time round. My favourite t.v. drama.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

:bairn

Finished. That is all.

Fucking great television that I watched start to finish in a couple of weeks. I'm a little shell shocked and feel like I need to watch it again. 

If I could offer any advice to anyone that hasn't seen it yet; get on it but don't binge watch. You really need time to assimilate it. 

On 5/1/2017 at 23:43, Lisa Cuddy said:

:bairn

Finished. That is all.

Fucking great television that I watched start to finish in a couple of weeks. I'm a little shell shocked and feel like I need to watch it again. 

If I could offer any advice to anyone that hasn't seen it yet; get on it but don't binge watch. You really need time to assimilate it. 

I haven't seen it, my concern is that it will be a bit soap-opera-like in parts.

Are my concerns founded?

• 1 month later...

Started this a few weeks ago and finished last night. What a show. I'd say it slots in just behind The Wire at #2 for me.

For a show in which little happens, it does a fantastic job at keeping you gripped. That's down solely to the characters, whose development throughout is staggering. It's all been mentioned really, but you go from hating Pete Campbell to rooting for him in the end. Ken and Roger are my two favourite characters. What I love about the show though is that all of them are flawed. Also glad Peggy found love in the end, even if it did come across as a bit rushed - but I guess it had been building what with all their late night phone chats.

• 2 weeks later...