whisky lovers

12 minutes ago, GiGi said:

83588088c84da298971eadcff933413ba1b2d51c

Did you buy that and if so how much was it? Even if you just tried that on the tour I'm still jealous. I got a 20 year old port matured a couple of years ago up there for bang on £100 and it was worth every single penny. 

Not my pic just a release one. Yet to buy as working up in Orkney but will once home as I dont stay too far from Deanston. Its 150 quid but I have to have it.

21 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Not my pic just a release one. Yet to buy as working up in Orkney but will once home as I dont stay too far from Deanston. Its 150 quid but I have to have it.

Godspeed. 

Anyway been having a massive clear out of my empty bottles and cataloguing them, threw away over 30 and just counted over 80 still left.. Just have nowhere to put them. I've pulled out 10 of them down to the last quarter of the bottle or less and getting them biffed. I've definitely bought less than 10 this year so the rest  of them have been accumulated in the last 3 years. Could have saved a fortune to buy a bigger house to keep the fucking things in if I wasn't a rocket. 

A toast to the fallen legion with some Glenfarclas 25, soon to join them.

9 hours ago, GiGi said:

Anyway been having a massive clear out of my empty bottles and cataloguing them, threw away over 30 and just counted over 80 still left.. Just have nowhere to put them. I've pulled out 10 of them down to the last quarter of the bottle or less and getting them biffed. I've definitely bought less than 10 this year so the rest  of them have been accumulated in the last 3 years. Could have saved a fortune to buy a bigger house to keep the fucking things in if I wasn't a rocket. 

A toast to the fallen legion with some Glenfarclas 25, soon to join them.

I'm in much the same boat. Used to try and leave quarter/fifth of each bottle but now just making my way through them and relenting against opening any new ones. Was looking for a decent small cask to put the dregs and meh ones in to but have given up as I work away for weeks at a time so if there was even a wee leak it would most likely empty and I would be a sobbing mess.

On 17/04/2019 at 17:03, Honest_Man#1 said:

For anyone in the Edinburgh area I’d recommend a visit to Brauhaus Lauriston Place. They do a “break even malt” that’s a bit rarer/pricier but sold at cost price and changes every month I think (or maybe when it runs out). Had a Linkwood 25 year old (pretty good) today.

Arran 21 Lochranza Castle is the current one on offer. Delicious and great value at £4 a dram.

3 hours ago, gannonball said:

I'm in much the same boat. Used to try and leave quarter/fifth of each bottle but now just making my way through them and relenting against opening any new ones. Was looking for a decent small cask to put the dregs and meh ones in to but have given up as I work away for weeks at a time so if there was even a wee leak it would most likely empty and I would be a sobbing mess.

That's actually a good idea, I should stick the dregs in an infinity bottle. Space saver and might even end up being good. 

Just discovered that my favourite whisky glass/tumbler of choice, which I have used in preference to a heap of Glencairns and others, used to be a candle holder.  FFS

The all new Yankee F***ing Candle Whisky Glass

Eta: pretty chuffed that the new Brechin shirt sponsor is a malt whisky distillery (Glencadam, located behind the hedge).  Yassss.

Edited by Hedgecutter

I started a couple of infinity bottles tonight. We shall see.

Both starting off about 50% tesco Speyside and 20% craigellachie. One topped up with Edradour Caledonia  and Highland Park Harald the other Dalwhinnie  winter gold and a drop of very young  single cask  Caol Ila.

21 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Just discovered that my favourite whisky glass/tumbler of choice, which I have used in preference to a heap of Glencairns and others, used to be a candle holder.  FFS

The all new Yankee F***ing Candle Whisky Glass

Eta: pretty chuffed that the new Brechin shirt sponsor is a malt whisky distillery (Glencadam, located behind the hedge).  Yassss.

Glencadam tasting next Friday in stoney , and Loch Lomond on Saturday 

Just been given a bottle of Glenfiddich IPA Cask. Anyone familiar with it?

It’s okay. Got one on the go now. Underwhelmed at first, but it’s actually a reasonably tasteful dram. The hops taste isn’t very deep, but it’s definitely there

I keep seeing Bowmore 15 reduced at £39.99 on Amazon. I'm put off by the fact that the Bowmore 12 I had was meh at best.

Any thoughts? the 15 is advertised as finished 3 years in sherry casks.

40 minutes ago, Peedzy said:

I keep seeing Bowmore 15 reduced at £39.99 on Amazon. I'm put off by the fact that the Bowmore 12 I had was meh at best.

Any thoughts? the 15 is advertised as finished 3 years in sherry casks.

Is it Bowmore Darkest? That used to be one of my go to favourites but I don’t think Bowmore is as good as it once was.

3 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Is it Bowmore Darkest? That used to be one of my go to favourites but I don’t think Bowmore is as good as it once was.

Doesn't say 'the darkest' on the bottle or box any more, but here's the spiel from the product description

Our 15 Years Old 'Darkest' is delicious on its own but to really bring out its rich fruitiness and that trademark Bowmore smokiness, enjoy it with some rich dark chocolate. See how the whisky's dark fruit and smoky aromas, its cedar wood and treacle toffee flavours and the cocoa-rich dark chocolate complement each other perfectly.