whisky lovers

Just now, CountyFan said:

Tried A'bunadh for the first time recently. Immediately bought a bottle. 

Its superb stuff. Not had a bottle for ages. Where did you buy from? Its getting beyond its price bracket tbh, and has been for a while but it is gutting. Used to get it for forty quid. An outrageous bargain

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Its superb stuff. Not had a bottle for ages. Where did you buy from? Its getting beyond its price bracket tbh, and has been for a while but it is gutting. Used to get it for forty quid. An outrageous bargain

Amazon. Think I paid £59.99 which I appreciate is steep but you have to remember I was in the pub and pished and really enjoying the dram I had. 

Amazon. Think I paid £59.99 which I appreciate is steep but you have to remember I was in the pub and pished and really enjoying the dram I had. 
Its worse when you don't remember and some courier chaps your door with a bottle 3 days after your night out. I had to phone a website up once to check what I'd ordered [emoji23][emoji1634]

Actually, you just minded me of the time I ordered a bottle whilst gassed away from home working. In the intervening days I realised I had ordered it to be sent hom and had to re order another one to come to my place of business.
Booze delivered to work. A red flag for any HR professional [emoji848]

26 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Havent you just offered to relieve him of this burden entirely?

It's 'his' bottle. It was a birthday present from years ago. In end I've ended up been the one to drink it all anyway. Must be nearly done.

It was stored upright. I did open it kind of to the side when it snapped off. Anyway put it in the decanter but it was gone the saturday night anyway.

Do you store it on its side? Apologies if I'm telling you something obvious that you already know, but whisky should be stored upright, total opposite of wine. 

15 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Probably belter too if its from the earlier runs. Jealous 

I have a batch 54 and the 35 (I think) he has is a lot better. Mine has something of a nail varnish tinge to it that I don't really like unless well watered down. The 35 will have a lot more aged whisky than mine if I had to guess.

It was stored upright. I did open it kind of to the side when it snapped off. Anyway put it in the decanter but it was gone the saturday night anyway.

There is such a thing as a bad cork. Maybe just unlucky. I always keep a few old ones in the event of this.

47 minutes ago, V.Aye.R said:

There is such a thing as a bad cork. Maybe just unlucky. I always keep a few old ones in the event of this.

There definitely is. I've had one snap off a brand new bottle before and that's just whisky. I've had plenty of bottles of wine where the cork disintegrated on opening as well.

The point about keeping spares is very valid though. I keep a few in a wee box when I chuck the bottles out.

Sirius 31. This is a really nice drink and only 43.1%
Quite a huge bit of flavour and totally lovely.
Not long finished my bottle. Got it on a flash șale for £75 too! Sadly missed.

There is a north star tasting at the end of the month through Good Spirits Co
https://www.thegoodspiritsco.com/tastings/37580-virtual-north-star-x-ralfy-whisky-tasting-friday-30th-october-2020-7-9pm.html

18 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Sirius 31. This is a really nice drink and only 43.1%

Quite a huge bit of flavour and totally lovely.

I saw that around the time it was released and was tempted, I've still got a bottle of Spica from North Star that's absolutely sparkling, love it. Similar abv and a total bargain.