What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

I must be a knuckledragger then as I thought it was really funny.

Hadnt laughed so much in ages at a movie when I watched that.

The cops were comedy gold :)

I suppose I was put off a bit by the *hilarious* bit with the period blood on his leg. :huh:

Guest dougalldogg
I thought Superbad was absolutely shite. 1/10.

Ah well, different people, different tastes. Still knuckledragger was possibly a bit harsh lol

Open Water 2 : Adrift ( 2006 )

What a shower of annoying idiotic morons there are in this movie. They're fucking stupid for getting themselves into the predicament in the first place. Everything is also annoying. There's either screaming, crying or both going on at every moment in the movie, and I can't believe I sat through the whole thing. The lowest possible IMDB rating for this one.

1/10

Open Water 2 : Adrift ( 2006 )

What a shower of annoying idiotic morons there are in this movie. They're fucking stupid for getting themselves into the predicament in the first place. Everything is also annoying. There's either screaming, crying or both going on at every moment in the movie, and I can't believe I sat through the whole thing. The lowest possible IMDB rating for this one.

1/10

I take it it's just the same as Open Water, but a more ludicrous way of getting them into the exact same situation?

I liked(ish 5/10) the first one, as it was well enough scripted but don't think I could sit through a sequel!!

Edited by SaltyTON

I take it it's just the same as Open Water, but a more ludicrous way of getting them into the exact same situation?

I haven't seen the first one yet, but it is a very ludicrous situation. Not as ludicrous as some of what comes later though.

I'm looking forward to seeing the first one as it sounds slightly different.

Control ( 2007 )

Very simplistic, and not overly dramatic. Depressing and deeply moving, this is a brilliant piece of film making. Sam Riley deserves to make something of his career after what might be remembered as a career highlight, playing Ian Curtis, while the supporting cast were more than good enough for the job. The soundtrack was excellently used and just mixed right in with the movie.

9/10

The Shining - 6/10

Can't say I was overly impressed by this film despite all the hype. Jack Nicholson is very good in the film tho. The main problem is I don't think I got the film to be honest. At first I thought it was just a case of there being ghosts in the hotel and Jack Nicholson going crazy and killing his family. But then at the end it has the photograph with Jack dated 1921, also during the film Jack Nicholson is told that he has always been the caretaker, so whats the script????? Also what is the deal with room 247, sems like there should be more of a story to it with the black guy being scared of the room aswell but the film doesnt really explain anything about it.

Discuss...........

But then at the end it has the photograph with Jack dated 1921, also during the film Jack Nicholson is told that he has always been the caretaker, so whats the script?????

Basically, the hotel claimed Jack. It drove him insane, and now that he's dead, he's been immortalized. Much like Brady saying "I should know. I've always been here.".

Also what is the deal with room 247, sems like there should be more of a story to it with the black guy being scared of the room aswell but the film doesnt really explain anything about it.

I always thought that it was just a crazy person that used to live in the room and it still haunts the room.

Edited by DomDom

The Shining - 6/10

Can't say I was overly impressed by this film despite all the hype. Jack Nicholson is very good in the film tho. The main problem is I don't think I got the film to be honest. At first I thought it was just a case of there being ghosts in the hotel and Jack Nicholson going crazy and killing his family. But then at the end it has the photograph with Jack dated 1921, also during the film Jack Nicholson is told that he has always been the caretaker, so whats the script????? Also what is the deal with room 247, sems like there should be more of a story to it with the black guy being scared of the room aswell but the film doesnt really explain anything about it.

Discuss...........

I agree with your rating at 6/10, it's most certainly the most over-rated film that I've ever seen.

I don't remember enough about it to have any in depth discussion about it though.

The X Files: I Want to Believe (2008)

A good film and hopefully an ending to the X-Files with a simple, almost scientific , plot that involved as little paranormal activity as you can get in an X-Files episode.

It did drag a bit, but for once Billy Connolly is a truly believable character as the paedophile Father Joe.

It was good to see Sir Mitch, if only for a short time in the last ten minutes.

Never give up.

6/10

The Shining - 6/10

Discuss...........

I suggest you watch it again.

It doesn't stop them being wrong though does it?

The Shining IS a better film than forrest Gump

Of course it does. Subjectivity means that there's no right or wrong.

The Shining is better in my opinion than Forrest Gump, but many others, including those 250000 people think otherwise.

For example, uberman claims Transformers is the worst film of all time yet I've never heard ANYONE if say anything other than it was good!

I agree with your rating at 6/10, it's most certainly the most over-rated film that I've ever seen.

Not enough gore in it for your liking?

The Shining is one of the greatest movies ever made. That's not subjectivity, it's a god damn fact! ;)

Of course it does. Subjectivity means that there's no right or wrong.

The Shining is better in my opinion than Forrest Gump, but many others, including those 250000 people think otherwise.

250K dullards whose opinions we don't give a f**k about

Not enough gore in it for your liking?

The Shining is one of the greatest movies ever made. That's not subjectivity, it's a god damn fact! ;)

Do you just make shit up to suit every single post you make?

I don't like gory films at all. I have no sense of morality so what would be the point? Gore only serves a purpose if you feel anything watching it.

I hated Hostel, which YOU liked despite it having terrible acting, Roth directing so sticking unnecessary gore in to cover the fact the story was non-existent and crap scripting.

The Shining is a typical Stephen King book with very limited character development, and spends too long before anything actually happens so you're bored to death before anything actually happens.