What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

The Diving Bell and the Butterfly ( 2007 )

Wow, I'm watching some depressing stuff tonight. Again, we have a guy who's pretty depressed about his life. He's paralysed apart from one of his eyes. There's actually some great uplifting moments in there, but for the most part, get ready for some grim viewing. Not the something special that some critics have hyped it as, since it drags a bit much. Might be worth a watch.

7/10

250K dullards whose opinions we don't give a f**k about

Point proven, thanks. You believe that your opinion is right and aren't willing to listen to anyone elses.

Dennis Hopper is a shit actor.

:lol::lol::lol:

Is 'Land of the Dead' the only film you've seen him in?

I was fishing as fine you know.

I'm 23, Dennis Hopper was acting decades before I was born, in nothing I'd want to watch.

He's only been in Apocalypse Now, TCM 2, True Romance, Speed, Waterworld and Land of the Dead that I've seen.

PS I'm not a fan of the Rabbit Ears series, he may be very good at reading out those kids stories.

I was fishing as fine you know.

I'm 23, Dennis Hopper was acting decades before I was born, in nothing I'd want to watch.

He's only been in Apocalypse Now, TCM 2, True Romance, Speed, Waterworld and Land of the Dead that I've seen.

PS I'm not a fan of the Rabbit Ears series, he may be very good at reading out those kids stories.

He's the greatest living actor in many peoples' eyes...well at least 3 going by the current poll.

]

He was fairly good in Apocalypse Now and True Romance. Not exactly amazing TCM 2 but it's not bad either. Speed and Waterworld performances are horrific, or hilarious depending on how I'm feeling. Not seen Land of the Dead yet, and it'll probably be a while before I eventually get around to that.

He's pretty good as the ruthless villain in 24 as well. His accent sounds ridiculous but he oozes bile.

Funny Games ( 2007 )

I appreciate the point that the movie is making, but the way that doesn't help that the way it's shot doesn't help enjoyment of the movie. The two psychopaths are brilliant. Probably the highlight of the movie is watching the two young guys just breeze their way through their own path of destruction. There are moments where one of them actually talks to the audience through the camera, which makes total sense and he's mental, and could just as easily be talking to himself. There's interesting stuff going on here, but it hinders the movie at times.

7/10

Funny Games ( 2007 )

I appreciate the point that the movie is making, but the way that doesn't help that the way it's shot doesn't help enjoyment of the movie. The two psychopaths are brilliant. Probably the highlight of the movie is watching the two young guys just breeze their way through their own path of destruction. There are moments where one of them actually talks to the audience through the camera, which makes total sense and he's mental, and could just as easily be talking to himself. There's interesting stuff going on here, but it hinders the movie at times.

7/10

You can tell that its a remake from a foreign film though. Hollywood just wouldnt be able to make a movie like that.

I thought it was flawed but clever and think I gave it an 8 in a previous review.

The remote control bit was a spark of genuis

:D

Funny Games ( 2007 )

7/10

Was that as depressing as the other ones, or did you change your theme?

It's not a crazy happy movie, but it certainly can't be classed as depressing. It's more nutty than anything else, and there's even some good black humour in there. I don't think I could have taken another depresser. I'm going to watch Fracture later, which I have been told is "startlingly bad". Doesn't bode well.