What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Slumdog Millionaire 9.5/10

Brilliant stuff. Funny and touching and brutal and moving with great performances, particularly from the really young members of the cast.

Edited by skinnyjean

Eat and Run (1986)

Ron Silver (the annoying p***k from Veronica's Closet) tries to stop a 400 pound alien that likes eating Italian people.

Think Leslie Nielsen style, utterly random spoof type budget 'horror' movie.

5/10

Slumdog Millionaire 9.5/10

Brilliant stuff. Funny and touching and brutal and moving with great performances, particularly from the really young members of the cast.

Certainly not the "feel good hit of the winter" as it was advertised on buses up and down the country. Bit of a marketing mess up, but a great film.

Think I'll take in Frost/Nixon tomorrow. I've only heard great things about it.

Blues Brothers 2000 (1998)

I honestly don't know how to rate this...

It was great fun, and I fucking love blues and soul music (of which there was plenty) plus there was a random cameo from Paul Schafer!

Best way to describe it was Blues Brothers as if made by Uwe Boll! :lol:

Well, I loved Blues Brothers, and while there's no way it's in the same league, it can't be that far off it!

So, for all the original music put in there plus a few all time classics, including the ultimate in Aretha Franklin numbers, I really have to give the film a bit of R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

8/10

Garden State

10/10

Great acting, great directing, fantastic story and possibly one the best movie soundtracks.

At the first attempt at feature films, very unusual! Braff had only done a short and a few episodes of Scrubs before.

Gerry ( 2002 )

The last section of the movie is absolutely terrific, but the time it takes to get there is criminal and the amount of that time which is taken up by nothing is even more. I can't recommend this movie based on it's climax because it simply is murder.

3/10

The Butterfly Effect ( 2004 )

Thumbs in the middle, but when Kutcher is one of the best things in the cast, you have problems. That's unfair, as he wasn't bad in this. Some ludicrous stuff going on, but there's some "so bad it's funny" things and there's also some actual good as well.

5/10

New Nightmare 3/10

The Last in the Nightmare On Elm Street series and by far the worst. The arse was well and truly kicked right out of it.

Well technically there's still two more to go... please let Wesley Strick be eviscerated by a knife wielding paedophile!! <_<

Guest dougalldogg

My Bloody Valentine 3D

Decent enough, 3D effects were pretty poor to be fair, I can see what they tried to do but didnt really work for me as having glasses on made other parts of movie where they werent goin for effects quite annoyin, left it open at the end for another one. So apart from the glasses being kind of annoying it was a good movie.

7.5/10

Pineapple Express (2008)

I expected some sort of stoner roadtrip, nothing too cerebral but was anticipating an enjoyable enough romp. Well, it panned out that way for the first 40 minutes or so then descended into farce. Why do directors turn to a bullet-fest when they run out of ideas for the final act? Avoid (3/10)

The Wave (2008)

This was more like it. A radical college lecturer conducts and experiment to show that, given the right leader and group dynamics, getting a dictatorship off the ground can often be smoothly accomplised. Compelling viewing, although subtitled. (9/10)

Slumdog Millionaire (2009)

Great movie, and genuinely innovative. Go and see it (10/10)

Edited by centralparker