What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Goodbye Lenin - Set in East Berlin 1989-90, Alex's mother has a heart attack which leaves her in a coma for 8 months as the Wall falls and everything she ever believed in disappears. As she wakes from the coma, he is told by the doctor that any excitement could kill his mother so Alex, realising that recent events would be too much for her, attempts to maintain the pretence that nothing has changed in the world around her.

I enjoyed it, some pretty funny moments so would give it 8/10.

Edited by JMDP

Miracle on 34th Street is on tonight on film4, whos watching it? :rolleyes:

It's an okay wee film, but not worth re-watching, plus I've watched Christmas Carol already so that will do me for Christmas films until Die Hard comes on...

Mara Wilson quit acting after the horrific Thomas and the Magic Railroad, if only others would follow her lead and quit in embarrassment at terrible films!

watched a fair few movies yesterday

Max Payne 6/10. Not as bad as i thought it was going to be. Was expecting this to be a plain old-fashioned shoot-em up style film(at least until the end anyway). I thought the scene on the top floor of that building was as good a scene as i've saw for some time.

Watchmen 8/10. Quite enjoyed this, a bit slow to start with but it certainly picked up towards the end. Roswell was different class i thought in it.

Especially in the scenes when he was in prison

Natural Born Killers. 8/10. Another cracker from stone, would recommend this to anyone who hasnt seen this.

Taken. 8/10. Actually quite enjoyed this. What i liked about it was that neeson's character gave nobody an inch, instead of there being a spy with morals. If you were in his way, you were dead.

That said, the ending was never in doubt, not at any moment did i believe he wouldnt save the day

All in all, a decent movie sesh imo.

Don't ever watch a horror movie then, especially if you're afraid of nothing happening...

Utter fucking shite movie, bad acting, clearly edited to f**k to make it cinematic so the $15k budget is nonsense...

Spawn was scarier, and that was just due to John Leguizamo's acting.

I enjoyed it, and it freaked me out aswell!

Apparently I've saw a different ending from most, and the ending I saw frustrated me! The police come in, she wanders towards them with a knife (seemingly harmlessly) and they shoot her (presumably to her death) anyway. I suspected that she was a demon obviously, but it was still frustrating after sitting through the whole thing

Overall, maybe 7.5/10.

I enjoyed it, and it freaked me out aswell!

Apparently I've saw a different ending from most, and the ending I saw frustrated me! The police come in, she wanders towards them with a knife (seemingly harmlessly) and they shoot her (presumably to her death) anyway. I suspected that she was a demon obviously, but it was still frustrating after sitting through the whole thing

Overall, maybe 7.5/10.

That's the ending I saw. I got panned for saying the movie was ok a bit back in the thread. Seems a few people agree with my now though - Take that whoever my caller was!

That's the ending I saw. I got panned for saying the movie was ok a bit back in the thread. Seems a few people agree with my now though - Take that whoever my caller was!

I thought it was the normal ending, but a pal who went to the pictures said a

different ending in which she walks up to the camera at the end and her face

changes to look "demon like" was what he saw. Looked it up and apparently Steven

Speillberg suggested the ending be changed, so maybe the version I saw was

before he got hold of it.

The Entity ( 1981 )

S'alright. The best thing about it is that you just have no idea when the next attack is going to come, and the brutal soundtrack takes you right into the middle of it. There's just not enough going on though, especially when one of the biggest scares happens within 10 minutes. When that happens, you have to follow it up and they really didn't in this case, so that's disappointing. It's still alright though.

6/10

Went to see Law Abiding Citizen at the weekend. I quite enjoyed it. If you're expecting a masterpiece, you'll be disappointed but, if you enjoy it for what it is, it's quite entertaining. The ending lets it down slightly but, overall, a solid 7/10.

Watched the original version of A Miracle on 34th Street yesterday on Film4. Thought it was decent but it never felt overly Christmassy - ignoring the fact the main character is Santa, of course! 6/10.

Last week, I had Sky+ Lucky Number Slevin. I've seen it before but it's one of those films, like The Departed, that I can watch over and over. Big fan of Josh Hartnett and Ben Kingsley right enough but the plot is pretty good aswell. I'd recommend it to anyone who's not watched it.

Also, went to see A Christmas Carol last week but never knew it was available in 3D. Thought some parts were quite scary for youngsters but it was enjoyable and it gets you in the Christmas spirit. Another 7/10.

Roll on, Avatar! :)

Paranormal Activity - the shitest movie I have ever seen im my life.

2/10

9/10 for the last 15mins. 1/10 for the rest of the film. Fucking slowest film ive ever watched. Seemingly $15,000 to make, a made up as you go script and shot in the directors hoose. It showed btw