What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

I think he intended it to be open to interpretation, but he let the camera linger on the spinning totem for too long - you could already see it start to slow down and wobble, indicating he was in reality.

He should've faded to black as soon as it started spinning, I think.

What made the audience gasp was the totem wobbling lulling us into thinking he had been reunited with his children in reality only for it to start spinning again indicating that he was still in a dream state. But whose, his own, has the whole movie been a dream or someone elses.

Went to see a double bill of Toy Story 3 & the Sorcerers Apprentice.

Seen Toy Story in 3D a couple of week back and if anything it was better 2nd time around - Caught a lot of the in-jokes etc that I missed first time out

Cant make up my mind about SA - It was an enjoyable film but cant help thinking it could have been better.

Nicholas Cage is his usual iritating self but quite like Jay Baruchel

Toy Story 3 - 9.5

Sorcerers Apprentice - 6

The Losers, cartoon violence, hammy acting and plot holes all over the place 4/10.

In saying that my kids loved it and have watched it twice since Saturday, perfect brainless action flick for them and no Rambo-esqe gore and exploding bodys for me to worry about them seeing. they have just rated it 10/10.

Inception

Saw it last night and wanted to see it mainly because it was not only directed but written by Christopher Nolan.

It was absolutely stunning from start to finish, indeed, after that last scene and the screen going black, there was a collective gasp from the audience.

As with some of Nolan's previous work, the ending is open to interpretation

9/10

Inception

It does seem like everyone is jumping on the "OMG, this is amazing!!!" bandwagon, but it really is that good.

Beautifully shot, scored and acted and the plot can become a bit of a mindfuck if you're not paying attention. I honestly don't think DiCaprio has been better. He's well on the road to being described as not only the best of his generation, but one of the best ever.

And the ending, as Frank Booth said, that had everyone in the cinema collectively gasp was utter genius

10/10

Not much more I can add to these. The action scenes in the hotel are utter genius.

Inception

I am a huge fan of Christopher Nolan's work. 'Memento' is quite possibly my favourite film of all time, and his reboot of the Batman franchise (Batman Begins) and the quite incredible 'The Dark Knight' show a man who can take a potential tricky superhero story and character and make it seem effortless.

To say I was excited about the prospect of his new project, 'Inception', would be a bit of an understatement. However, I deliberately avoided reading too much about it the past few weeks in case of potential spoilers.

Having watched this film twice now, I must say I'm still marveling at it. Leonardo DiCaprio is fantastic as Cobb. He really has developed into a brilliant actor.

Great action scenes and cinematography that is out of this world.

It's not perfect though. If any other director than Nolan had made this, I would probably have given it the full house, For me though, it doesn't quite reach the heights of his previous masterpiece 'Memento'. The casting of Marion Cotillard is another problem. Despite being absolutely stunning, she gave quite a poor, wooden performance. Also, some of the dialogue is lost in the power of the admittedly excellent score. This is a movie where you really need to hear everything that is said.

The 'snow' scenes didn't do much for me. They seemed to drag on a tad too long.

Brilliant film with some minor flaws. Reminds me of a cross between 'The Matrix' and 'Blade Runner'. Enough said.

I look forward to Nolan's next installment of the Batman franchise. It really should be something special.

9/10

Not so much agreement about this, despite agrreing with the score given. I thought Cotillard performed perfectly, given her storyline.

i just watched goal 3. It was possibly the worst film iv ever seen but there was a hilarious twist when that guy died, thaty made me laugh.

I know, it really dissapointed me. They should have stopped after the 2nd one.

The passion of the christ 9/10

Just finished watching it on film 4. When the first words were spoken and the subtitle went up i thought f**k that and reached for the remote, then decided to give it ten minutes and glad i did. Brilliantly done by wee Mel. Pretty gruesome stuff at times, but superbly done none the less

Had some time off so I've been to the cinema 3 times this week to watch Inception, Predators and Toy Story 3. Toy Story is by a distance the best of the lot. Inception bored me, Predators was ok.

Edited by RayBees

Kingdom of Heaven 52%

It was okay, although the story was dragged out far too often at times leaving you wondering what the f**k was actually going on. The fight scenes where as usual top nothc which is probably the only thing ridley scotts always seems to guarantee in a movie like this.(Classic fight scenes like for e.g. Gladiator, Robin Hood).

Kingdom of Heaven 52%

It was okay, although the story was dragged out far too often at times leaving you wondering what the f**k was actually going on. The fight scenes where as usual top nothc which is probably the only thing ridley scotts always seems to guarantee in a movie like this.(Classic fight scenes like for e.g. Gladiator, Robin Hood).

How can you be that precise with the scoring. laugh.gif

Anyway, going to see Toy Story tonight.

Got myself in the mood for it by watching the previous 2.

Toy Story 89%

Toy Story 2 83%

tongue.gif.

Edited by JackDFC

The Damned United - 7/10

Twas alright. The acting was great and it caught the mood of the 70's. I'm not sure if Skyline Drifter has watched it yet but it's far more symathetic to Clough than the book (which I know he hasn't read either).

I think the movie suffers because of this though.