What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

The Giant Spider Invasion (1975)

Amusingly bad 70s low budget horror film. The spider at one point looked like they'd stuck giant pipe cleaners on the roof of a Ford Cortina...

Some of the lines were amusing, and at one point the spider's leg comes through a door and grabs a woman like it had the same movement as a human arm! :lol:

3/10 - purely for comedy value.

Hunger (2008)

On Film4 last night. Great film about the Irish Hunger Strikes. Not much dialogues but in this film the action speaks more than words, the way these prisoners were treated by the Brits was horrific and all they wanted was to be given political status. However I'd imagine it would be hard for some people to enjoy for various reasons but for me I thought it was a great film, not quite as good as "The Wind That Shakes The Barley" but still a good film about Ireland.

8/10

World of the Dead: The Zombie Diaries (2011)

Sequel to The Zombie Diaries (2006), but a little darker and more apocalyptic than before. The shit has really hit the fan by this point, most of the population of the UK is gone and the end of the country is now in sight. Same writer and director as the first one, but with Dimension Films on board, which makes a HUGE difference when we are talking about a horror film!

6/10

The Zombie Diaries was one of the worst films I ever saw! It wouldn't be possible to make a sequel that could be worse than that heap of shite!

The Zombie Diaries was one of the worst films I ever saw! It wouldn't be possible to make a sequel that could be worse than that heap of shite!

^^^Only seen one horror film.

TZD you could call a landmark film (the British attempt at Diary of the Dead) in its rarity of being a British cam horror of which there aren't many. Given it's better than a couple of recent successful cam horrors (Cloverfield, Paranormal Activity), I'd hardly call it a "heap of shite".

I could give you a list of about 200 worse horrors if think that's a bad film. Actually never mind horrors, just look for any film "starring" English actor Bruce Payne.

^^^Only seen one horror film.

TZD you could call a landmark film (the British attempt at Diary of the Dead) in its rarity of being a British cam horror of which there aren't many. Given it's better than a couple of recent successful cam horrors (Cloverfield, Paranormal Activity), I'd hardly call it a "heap of shite".

I could give you a list of about 200 worse horrors if think that's a bad film. Actually never mind horrors, just look for any film "starring" English actor Bruce Payne.

I may not watch as many B horror movies as yourself, but I do watch many. TZD looked like it was filmed by posh twats in a village in Kent, then halfway through someone said "this is shite" and they decided to take an extreme twist on the storyline and add rape and other nonsense, before finally hoping that noone would notice how utterly awful it was.

I may not watch as many B horror movies as yourself, but I do watch many. TZD looked like it was filmed by posh twats in a village in Kent, then halfway through someone said "this is shite" and they decided to take an extreme twist on the storyline and add rape and other nonsense, before finally hoping that noone would notice how utterly awful it was.

Speaking of films which are worse, Maniac (1980).

Banned in 1980 by the BBFC because it sexualises murder... even though there is no sex scenes at all, and only one scene of nudity where a girl got into the bath.

Frank Zito (Joe Spinell) goes about killing women, and sometimes scalping them to give wigs to some mannequins that he finds from somewhere. It's got Tom Savini (he gets his head blown off with a shotgun at one point) doing the special effects so you can tell they will be decent for the time, and they are not too bad.

This film wasn't scary, horrifc or disgusting - it was more uncomfortable as Zito is a creepy looking b*****d!

2/10 - the point is for the Savini classic zombie style dream sequence which leads to Zito's death. Another banned film which turns out wasn't anything but complete and utter shite.

Trainspotting, 9/10

I gave that 6/10 purely as it was Scottish, in reality it was garbage which I'm sure only got past the BBFC as it was British!

The Trip (Dennis Hopper, Peter Fonda) was banned for 35 years for much less...

four lions

very funny, very sad. a squad of inept wannabe suicide bombers plan jihad.

chris morris is a genius.

Watched that the other night as well. It was a cracking wee movie with some very funny jokes in it.

Chris morris is a genius.

Fcuk mini babybels!

Speaking of films which are worse, Maniac (1980).

Banned in 1980 by the BBFC because it sexualises murder... even though there is no sex scenes at all, and only one scene of nudity where a girl got into the bath.

Frank Zito (Joe Spinell) goes about killing women, and sometimes scalping them to give wigs to some mannequins that he finds from somewhere. It's got Tom Savini (he gets his head blown off with a shotgun at one point) doing the special effects so you can tell they will be decent for the time, and they are not too bad.

This film wasn't scary, horrifc or disgusting - it was more uncomfortable as Zito is a creepy looking b*****d!

2/10 - the point is for the Savini classic zombie style dream sequence which leads to Zito's death. Another banned film which turns out wasn't anything but complete and utter shite.

That has a better storyline than The Zombie Diaries.

Tower Heist.

Yeah, I know but I was at work.

I actually didn't think it was too bad and I got paid to sit in the pictures with my popcorn bought for me....

6/10

You were at work? At the pictures? getting paid to watch a film?! Do you work at Cineworld? Are you an Usher? If not, what a job you have! Green dot!

The Tournament (2009)

I'd say this was probably the best English language film of this kind. Obviously the Asian countries do the "Battle Royale" genre to the extreme, but this was just a good old-fashioned every fucker must die in as many bloody ways as possible!

Decent cast of Robert Carlyle, Ving Rhames, Kelly Hu and Craig Conway and despite being British they managed to give it an American feel as well even though it was set in Middlesbrough (okay it was actually filmed in Liverpool and Bulgaria...)!

8/10 - it was never going to be an acting masterclass, but it was entertaining as hell!

A Time to Kill

A good enough film with a stellar cast, not a patch on Missippissi's Burning though which i felt handled the racist tension in the deep south miles better.

The 2nd best Grisham adaptation after The Rainmaker.

6/10

I quite liked Runaway Jury, the worst is obviously Christmas with the Kranks. Now that was shite, although the words "starring Tim Allen" usually imply this!