What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Recently gone to the cinema with my 14 year old son to see:

Transformers 4 6/10 Way too long. Wahlberg was good. Pretty meh overall though

Earth to Echo 3/10 bad remake of ET with older kids. Really dire IMO. My son liked it though.

Guardians of the Galaxy. 8/10 went to this with low expectations. However I loved it. Gobsmacking CGI, witty script, good characters with decent acting. Really good piece of light entertainment. Recommended

Edited by madmitch

The Raid 2

Incredible. It's nothing particularly new but I absolutely loved this - it takes the first one and knocks it right out of the park.

Brilliant action sequences (intense fight scenes; an epic car chase), some beautifully shot scenes, and a plot that kept me engaged throughout. The first one, for all its wonderful action, didn't really have a plot per se - this one has a well constructed and well written storyline, expanding from key "plot" points in the first film.

I was sceptical when a sequel was announced. I was wrong, very wrong.

A+

The Purge: Anarchy (2014)

The best way to describe this is that this was everything the first film wasn't. Enjoyable, and played with the concept well. Could still be done better, but it was a decent fair. Can't really fault it, it did what it set out to do without being amazing.

6.5/10.

The Raid 2

Incredible. It's nothing particularly new but I absolutely loved this - it takes the first one and knocks it right out of the park.

Brilliant action sequences (intense fight scenes; an epic car chase), some beautifully shot scenes, and a plot that kept me engaged throughout. The first one, for all its wonderful action, didn't really have a plot per se - this one has a well constructed and well written storyline, expanding from key "plot" points in the first film.

A+

Seems to be popular at the moment. Some bloke clogging up my twitter feed about how wonderful it is too :P

The Raid 2

A+

Was a great film. Sequence in the prison yard was quality

Holy crap, this has just brought that classic cartoon to mind, Defenders of the Earth.

Maaster of magic spells and illuuuusionnns, enemies crumble in feeear and confuuusion - Mandrake! Defenders of the Earth! :thumsup2

:unsure2:

Into The Storm

A disaster movie by the numbers, kids separated from parents, romantic sub-plot, lots of shots of the US flag, etc.

It's a hybrid mix of standard movie as well as characters filming the action on hand held cameras, which is probably one of my least favourite types of film. After a few minutes you do tend to find yourself saying "just drop the f@@@ing camera and run".

Special effects are ok, but the plot holes aren't. It's full of them.

If you go and see it switch off your brain.

5/10

The Purge: Anarchy (2014)

The best way to describe this is that this was everything the first film wasn't. Enjoyable, and played with the concept well. Could still be done better, but it was a decent fair. Can't really fault it, it did what it set out to do without being amazing.

6.5/10.

Do u need to have seen the first one to understand this?