What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Ah well. Horses for courses. I tend to go into movies like that with the dumb brain in. If I didn't, my head would probably explode. :(

As a result, I'm a fan of Deep Impact. I'd probably go 7/10 for it if asked.

oh god please. dont start me on those!..I know its pedantry but its one of many irritating things about me.

You've never seen me after a few drinks when someone mentions Event Horizon. I can actually create enough hatred for Paul WS Anderson in people that they didn't know was possible.

I hate the c**t! :angry: I've not even had a drink, and I can feel the urge to kill increasing!!

Anyway...

3:10 to Yuma (2007)

A near perfect western, except for the bit of psychology at the end. I know all westerns rely on psychology to make the film effective (usually done with the music, but not always), but I don't know about you, but I don't want to be taught lessons about life from Russell Crowe...

Would have been a perfect score, but the ending spoiled it a little...

9/10

A Christmas Story (1983)

Top 250 films ever made?

I don't care what anybody says, but this is one of the most boring piles of perpetual crap that I have ever seen, Christ even the Chronicles of Riddick had some form of entertainment.

1/10

Edited by SaltyTON

The Spirit (2008)

Only out on cinema release today, it's based on the comic books and filmed in much the same way Sin City was. It's about a hero "The Spirit", who is trying to protect his city from crime lord "The Octopus", played by Samuel L Jackson, but he has a sinister secret that The Spirit knows about and is trying to find out.

While that's going on, his old flame Sand Serif (played by Eva Mendes), who is obsessed with bling and jewels has picked up a box believing to be jewels, but is something the Octopus needs and has to try and trade it in, but runs into her former beau.

All in all, while it looked good, in the way Sin City was with the comic book style (Frank Miller directed by the way), the story wasn't too impressive and even the heavyweight presence of Samuel L Jackson couldn't quite save it.

That said, Eva Mendes' finely formed arse is a sight to behold, along with Scarlet Johansson's impressive cleavage are two (or should that be three) of the best things of this film.

7/10

As a treat, here are Eva Mendes and Scarlet Johansson as they appear in The Spirit:

scarlett-johansson_spirit_l.jpgEva_Mendes_The_Spirit_Set_Pic_1.jpg

While that's going on, his old flame Sand Serif (played by Eva Mendes), who is obsessed with bling and jewels has picked up a box believing to be jewels, but is something the Octopus needs and has to try and trade it in, but runs into her former beau.

Is that not a font? :huh:

Mama Mia -- wife dragged me with her to see it recently, 3/10 ... its one for the girls for sure, they would probably give it a 10/10. Fair enough I suppose but, I'm obviously not "modern man" it sucked imo. <_<

Watching The Terminal on BBC 1 at the moment, and it's probably one of the worst films I've ever seen so far.

Caught the last 20 minutes and it looked stomach churning stuff.

Watched Disturbia tonight. An average thriller that descends into farce for the sake of a bit of a chase and a few fights.

5/10 purely because there are a lot of even worse attempts out there

SEED 2/10 :yucky

Watched this on filmflex, the synopsis was good, the film was awfull.

First scene was dogs being skinned alive in graphic detail, nice! The food was put away at that point. The QE2 could have passed throught the holes in the 'plot'.

if you like mindless grossness then you might like it, if you like a good yarn then dont bother with this one.

I got the Nightmare On Elm Street box set for crimbo and watched the first one last night 7/10
It goes downhill badly from there though I found part six not too bad.

I liked them all, 6/10 efforts.

First one 8/10

The only other one I gave higher than 6 was number 3:Dream Warriors with Patricia Arquette and Dead Pool perennial Zsa Zsa Gabor as herself.

Edited by SaltyTON