What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

I watched My Sister's Keeper the other night. It was really good. I'm not usually affected by films but I have to admit I had a wee lump in my throat at moments. Cameron Diaz is excellent as the mum, you really do hate her and feel really sorry for her at the same time. Also, Alec Baldwin is in it.

8/10

I love Emma Stone.

And the Lizard looks a bit shit. I imagine that's why he's not in the other spiderman films. For me, the only Spiderman villain I would like to see is Doc Octopus. I know it's already been done but I think he's brilliant.

What about the Kingpin? Is he not worth a run out?

Kingpin was in the Daredevil film so I'd imagine he's in their contract, Daredevil is Fox whereas Spider-man is Sony so it's a no-go.

Dr Octopus is good as is Venom/Carnage. I'd rather see the Sinister Six (Chameleon, Doctor Octopus, Electro, Mysterio, Rhino and Sandman), they're all pretty average villains with only really Doctor Octopus posing a real threat but when they come together, they're challenging.

Mrs Wife and I yesterday made it to the cinema together for the first time since before our daughter was born more than a year ago.

I don't think it would have been her choice, but it had to be Avengers Assemble for me.

All of the action scenes are much of a muchness these days, but where I thought Avengers did well was the humour and interplay between the characters in the quieter scenes. The Tony Stark/Bruce Banner relationship in particular was well done.

8/10

The dark knight without a doubt....... The dark knight rises will not be anywhere near as good as the Dark knight. Not knocking it before its even out but Heath Ledger has raised the bar by the way portrayed the joker. He made that part his own with the gothic twist he spun on the character, made the film what it was.

Dark knight 10/10

Almost Famous. Pretty good. Jason Lee was awesome in this, loved his character so much. Some decently sized names in this like Frances McDormand, Kate Hudson and a few smaller names like Zooey Deschannel(really minor role), Anna Paquin and Fairuza Balk(obviously googled). Almost blew my mind when I noticed that the main character was played by the spotty, smelly teenager in Spun. The performances were alright (except for Lee who was amazing) and the story was a bit too "classic romance"-y for me but it was alright. The scene near in the end in the plane was amazing. Great soundtrack though, as you'd expect from this sorta movie from Cameron Crowe. 6/10 - solid but not spectacular.

What's a better date movie to go see next week; 'Moonrise Kingdom' or 'The Angel's Share' (or anything else that's on the go just now)?

Swithering between them and I've heard both are great so I'm in a bit of a pickle ph34r.gif

What's a better date movie to go see next week; 'Moonrise Kingdom' or 'The Angel's Share' (or anything else that's on the go just now)?

Swithering between them and I've heard both are great so I'm in a bit of a pickle ph34r.gif

The term "date movie" confuses me a little bit. If you want to impress her why not let her choose?

I went to see both with the girlfriend- she chose Moonrise Kingdom and I chose The Angels'(plural) Share. The latter is the better film but if you're after her knickers as bedroom floor decor maybe swither the other way. Not at all a waste of time to watch either.

The term "date movie" confuses me a little bit. If you want to impress her why not let her choose?

I went to see both with the girlfriend- she chose Moonrise Kingdom and I chose The Angels'(plural) Share. The latter is the better film but if you're after her knickers as bedroom floor decor maybe swither the other way. Not at all a waste of time to watch either.

My definition of a date movie would be something that is not explicitly a 'guy movie' or a 'girly movie', kind of in between that is suitable to see within that context. I'll obviously give her the choice of viewing but I'll be hinting at how good those two are supposed to be over the weekend so it's in her thoughts (kind of like a slow-play jedi-mind-trick wink.gif )

I'll likely end up seeing both tbh, but wanted to gauge which one should be 1st option...looking like Moonrise Kingdom :P

Edited by Stewbo

Deliverance for the first time ever, 7/10. Good film, not bothered about its 'lack of anything happening' as a lot of people have said because I think that's what makes it. Short and sweet.

And say what you like about Jon Voight, that was one of his best performances besides Enemy of the State.

I suggest you sit down and watch Midnight Cowboy.

Went to see Men In Black 3 this week, there was only 5 people in the theatre excluding me laugh.gif was a good film I thought, nice wee twist at the end and did the originals justice. Will buy on DVD without doubt.

Now am I the only one that's been hearing about a film of Freddie Mercury's life? I'm almost certain I heard about this and that SBC (Borat as I can't spell his name) will be playing the Queen singer. Have i imagined this? huh.gif

Just watched 'Sorry, Wrong Number', a 1948 film starring Barbara Stanwyck and Burt Lancaster.

It's about a bed ridden woman who accidentally overhears a telephone call where two people are plotting to murder someone, and she comes to the conclusion, thanks to a variety of phonecalls to other people, and a bunch of flashbacks, that what she actually overheard was her husband planning to kill her.

I like old films, but this was far too melodramatic and shonkily acted. And there was some loooooong dry spells in the film.

Having said that....

The fact that she finally got her husband on the phone and he admitted that he HAD planned for an assassin to come round, and then an assassin did come round and killed her to end the film, was quite a shock. You wouldn't see that these days

But that wasn't enough to save this one.

4/10