TNA General

Well it's not a "free PPV" though is it? It's an episode of Impact that they are calling Genesis. It kicked of with a 20 promo FFS.

That's been a problem on some WWE PPV's recently too. I f*cking hate when they open with a promo. The whole point of the promo is to promote the event - by the start of it, people who aren't watching ain't going to see it!

Well it's not a "free PPV" though is it? It's an episode of Impact that they are calling Genesis. It kicked of with a 20 promo FFS.

It is in essence as they stack the card like they would do with a PPV, i.e. numerous title matches and big encounters etc.

It is in essence as they stack the card like they would do with a PPV, i.e. numerous title matches and big encounters etc.

Well not really....the "main event" of Genesis was Sting vs EC3. That's not a mian event in anyone's language, Not in WWE language, not in TNA language if they were still doing 12ppvs.....it's a bullshit marketing ploy.

They 'delayed' the Angle-Roode cage match for a week because they only had two hours but spent the first qaurter of the entire show talking, with two further extensive Dixie Carter segments later in the show also!

f**k this mob, if it wasn't for the UK tapings upcoming, which i always enjoy as the bigger crowds do rub off and make it seem a lot better, i'd be thinking about jacking TNA in, it really is hard to keep justifying two hours a week to this pish.

We have Genesis pt II (ridiculous) then about 5 weeks of UK tapings to air i think, and i will re-assess after that.

Edited by Christophe

• 2 weeks later...

I stopped watching TNA around 2009/10. I watched the episode tonight seeing as it was in Glasgow... After what I've just witnessed I can never be angry or upset at WWE ever again. WWE is like heaven compared to that guff. Between 2005 and 2008 I actually thought TNA was better than WWE and therefore just jacked in WWE altogether. But then TNA started getting filled with the reasons I stopped watching WWE in the first place....

Watching tonight was a mistake. So much bloody talking. WWE do a fair amount too but they can probably get away with it seeing as they have a 3 hour show compared to a 2 hour Impact. Don't think I could ever get back into TNA, don't like the characters and gimmicks, none of them would be able to keep me interested.

How fucking stupid did it make Sting look when he challenged Magnus to that match where if he lost he was gone from TNA?! Every single match Magnus has had since he became champion has involved loads of folk running in and smashing his opponent.

On to last night; have the sound technicians actually ever used the sound system?! It seemed that they were learning on the job last night.

The first match Magnus has had since he became champion when he didn't have help and he easily gets choked out by Joe, making Joe the number one contender. Can't say I'm unhappy with that. They've had good matches in the past and it might reinvigorate Joe.

Kurt Angle saying he now accepts the Hall Of Fame award since he beat Bobby Roode seems a bit daft considering Roode beat him 3 or 4 times in a short period just before that. Still, the guy deserves it. The 'cyborg' vignettes they played for him were amusing. Didn't Stone Cold have a cyborg nickname? Ah yes, it was actually 'The Bionic Redneck'. I don't think it stuck. Kurt I suppose is a fucking machine, but as I've said before, I really think he should slow down. He's clearly knackered; look how he walks these days.

The investor of course was MVP. Not bad. I was fearing it would be Sting or something equally uninspiring. MVP is decent in the ring and fresh faces are always welcome in TNA, as they are definitely in need of it. The same guys fighting each other over and over was getting pretty boring. Can't wait to see The American Wolves in action as well. They can really reinvigorate the TNA tag division, and TNA in general. Hopefully the rest of the talent can learn to take their finisher though, as Spud nearly fucked it up.

ECIII is already teasing turning face. He could be a decent face I suppose if they added something to his character.

The Bully/Anderson stuff is set to conclude with a casket match. I think this feud has gone on long enough. Bully is still immense on the mic and his character is still a right evil b*****d. Good stuff. Him telling Anderson that he would 'love to piledrive your wife' was hilarious. How did Anderson get a reputation for being good on the mic?! He usually just repeats what the other guy says, then says something unfunny loudly.

Bad Influence still need to feature more, and need to stop getting beat so easily. These guys are brilliant.

That was quite the crowd they managed at the Hydro.

It really wasn't. Although it did look quite good on TV. Amazing what you can do with a bunch of giant black curtains, low lighting and a wide lense.

Literally half the arena was curtained off, as well as the top 2 tiers. Crowd (who were very good and into everything) was 1500/2000. It's strange that that they're coming back to the Hydro again next year.

It really wasn't. Although it did look quite good on TV. Amazing what you can do with a bunch of giant black curtains, low lighting and a wide lense.

Literally half the arena was curtained off, as well as the top 2 tiers. Crowd (who were very good and into everything) was 1500/2000. It's strange that that they're coming back to the Hydro again next year.

It was actually strange that they booked it in the first place considering they struggled to sell tickets for Braehead which is about half the size, I would imagine with it being a new building they were offered very good terms by the owners of the Hydro as they try to form relationships with companies for repeat business.

Edited by TheGreenMonster

• 2 weeks later...

TNA is utter shit just now. Just really awful. The babyfaces must the most stupid collection of guys around. When Aces & 8s were around they took them all out one by one. You would have thought the faces would have hung around in groups to avoid getting jumped 2/3/4/5 on 1. Nope. Not even the creation of the MEM could help with that. Now the same shit is happening with Dixie Carter getting the heels to do it, yet the faces still walk around alone.

And just f**k off Dixie Carter. Pish, pish, pish. Awful character.

Just caught the second hydro show. Are we supposed to believe that christy hemme found out about sam shaws 'alan partridge' room by watching last week's impact?!

I mean the footage from his house was supposed to be cctv stuff that would fit in with his character...i.e. Inviting girls back and filming them. Now I don't mind suspending belief a little in that scenario when it comes to asking the question 'how did the tna get that footage' etc. and just accepting that the audience see that but the characters don't.

But the next interaction between the two was then Hemme saying 'wtf was that?'

Insinuating that she found out by watching the show which is just dumb, think of the plots that would have been spoiled in wrestling over the years if guys had just sat down and watched Raw/Sd/impact whatever. Really poor writing and probably just another storyline that tna had no fucking clue what to do with. It really is weak as f**k right now.

The Bully Ray 'next guy I see' thing was dumb as f**k also. He never passed anyone else on the way out from the back? And what was Curry Man doing in the ring with no referee, Hemme etc about?

Jeff Hardy returning as the ridiculously bad, Willow.

:lol: What utter garbage! This has Wrestlecrap written all over it. He looks like a shit King Diamond. In years to come we'll be laughing at how bad this shit is. Why are TNA induldging his druggy fantasies?! Fucking Willow.

Whilst I'm here, just how shit has Magnus' reign been so far? I wouldn't even blame him, more that the booking has been abysmal. It's all about Dixie Carter unfortunately. She's let her ego run wild and in now the main focus of TNA when she shouldn't even be onscreen in any capacity. She's a fucking clown. I used to watch Impact and all the PPVs but now hardly bother with it.

Edited by DA Baracus

Just me but is there litterally nothing good about TNA these days?

It was amazing in the early years. Even when it began going to shit they had the X Division or tag division as a point of interest. I've maybe 3 of the last 5 episodes and everything about it is absolute gash.

Magnus is their champ?

Unless I'm very much mistaken, Derek Bateman formerly of NXT is high up their cards.

Spud....really?

Dicie Carter is just about the worst wrestling TV character of all time.