Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

Loved the ending to RAW actually prefer Punk as a heel or certainly a bit more bad ass than he has been in recent months. As the geks would say I marked oot when he intercepted the People's Elbow.

Some lovely touches last night especially Mae Young's son one of those story lines that will never be forgotten when she gave birth to the hand. :lol:

Hopefully Heath Slater gets a push as reward for his performances over the past few months. He put over all those old-timers like a pro and took some pretty stiff shots in the process. A U.S. title feud with Santino wouldn't be the worst idea in the world.

Best Clothesline From Hell ever:

351ctie.jpg

Bryan must be gutted that he's dating Brie Bella instead of AJ in real life.

Erm, WHIT

Won't go into too much detail but I marked out for the older guys/part timers and was bored out my nut for the majority of the current roster (Bryan/Punk/Cena apart). AJ as the GM is a disaster. Punk is a shite babyface so I'm glad they've turned him. The Rock was in great form last night IMO. Lita still looks amazing but I'd wear about 3 johnnies if I was shagging her. Steph and Trish are unbelievable.

Slater could be the star of the mid card!

He's entertaining but let's be honest, he's not very good in the ring. He's taken beatings over the past months, he's not had to do any proper work.

If they're gonna make one of the midcard titles a joke(like they have with Santino being the champ) then they'd be better changing it and making it obvious with a name or weird design.

Quite enjoyed Raw, even if some of it did feel a bit rushed. Good to see a few of the faces again too.

The DQ finish to the title match was disappointing until Punk's turn. I hope next week he cuts a big promo about how he's worked so hard in his reign as champion and the company still pushes him down the card for Cena & the Rock, and the fans still cheer for these guys even though Punk should be number one. Will the Rock wrestle at Summerslam or will he wait until the Royal Rumble before returning? Not sure what his filming schedule is like.

Looking like the current Summerslam line up could be:

Triple H v Brock Lesnar (guessing this will be made a Street Fight/No DQ type match)

WWE Title: CM Punk vs Big Show vs John Cena

Dolph Ziggler vs Chris Jericho

Alberto del Rio vs Rey Mysterio

Daniel Bryan vs.....Charlie Sheen

If the Rock is involved then we might have a Rock/Cena vs Punk/Show tag match, with the Lesnar-Triple H match taking top billing.

I don't actually expect Daniel Bryan to fight Charlie Sheen, but it sounds like he'll be involved with Bryan somehow.

Surely it has a be another tremendous "pipe bomb" moment from Punk this Monday where he is given free range on what he says. It could and should be spectacular.

Yeah there probably will be. But now the expectation's there, it'll probably be shite. Whereas last year's just came out of nowhere which is what made it brilliant.

My brief thoughts on RAW1000 - Didn't watch until last night:

DX looked great, although Xpac looked out of it.

Hacksaw Jim Duggan shouldn't be on TV anymore due to how bad he looks.

Bret Hart - see above, a real shame to see the Hitman announcing people into the ring and not much else. McMahon is disrespecting him IMO

The wedding segment was great and I like the Slickster - although he tried to be the hero a bit too much

The Rock - again, and I said it during the Cena run, he appears to be scripting or over thinking his promo's too much and deliberatly trying to get stuff trending on twitter (eg Frodo). The old Rock was off the cuff and passionate, The New Rock looks as if he's filming a movie in the ring. Just rip into people Rocky - you don't need to think about it.

I know its WWE but why should the Rock be able to walk into a title shot - especially when we know he will be at about 5 shows between now and then. I actually thought a couple of times that Punk was giving looks at the Rock as if to say "Who does this guy think he is". It further devalues the title IMO

Sadly, the writers don't really seem to be able to do anything major with Punk except making him look a little weak. This was the same during the Y2J debacle.

I hope Steph McMahon is back for good.

Really hope that Daniel B and Punk get tag-teamed, as mentioned by someone else above.

The Undertaker coming back was great - I hope he's going to be back long term (as much as he can be)

Edit - Daniel Bryan vs Charlie Sheen. f**k off. I know Sheen will bring in mainstream interest etc but for him to beat Bryan (which will happen) is just stupid.

Edited by Dindeleux

I don't think he'll beat Daniel Bryan. There won't be a match. Daniel Bryan will do something with him at Summerslam in an angle and someone will turn up and help Sheen. Most likely Orton.