Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

Possibly just dirtsheet nonsense, but this is apparently the reason why A-RY is now booked as a total jobber.

http://www.411mania....ing/news/247956

Riley was never likely going to be a main eventer, but he was really over after his feud with Miz last year. He still seems over with the crowd on Superstars, despite losing every time and puts in good performances week in week out, but his career is now effectively over just because he didn't take kindly to being bullied by Cena.

[/size]

The potential is certainly there IMO.

I don't think there is much doubt about Undertaker being a total w****r behind the scenes. There are plenty of stories about how he was the judge of the "Wrestlers Court" where any wrestler deemed to have broken dressing room etiquette would be sent to get punished.

There are numerous stories about wrestlers having the Deadman's judgment cast upon them, but one of the more recent, and more illuminating ones, involved CM Punk. The story was all over the dirt sheets in early 2010 and held that Punk got serious heat with the Undertaker during a European tour because of his failure to hold the World Heavyweight Title with the level of respect that Undertaker thought it was due. The specifics vary according to the account, but most seem to think it had something to do with how Punk dressed when he was out with the title, and the subsequent explanation he gave of John Cena being allowed to wear jean shorts.

I'd reckon that Cena is almost certainly the one in charge of dishing out punishments now that the likes of Taker, JBL, Benoit and Bob Holly are all off the road. Orton is probably another one who was allowed to pick on other wrestlers, although that might have changed after his recent antics.

I think my favourite story of locker room ribbing is when MVP first joined the roster and Bob Holly decided to pick on him for a few weeks until someone had a word in Holly's ear and told him about MVP's rather colourful past. Holly very quickly ceased ribbing on MVP!

I've never heard anything about Kane being an arsehole backstage, although he is a personal favourite of Vince's due to the fact he is the ultimate company man and they share similar political views.

Taker and Foley are very much dicks. Not sure I'd call Kane a TOP guy, but you're probably right on Kane and Rey Rey. Neither guy has really been famous for being dickheads. I guess Foley when he WAS a big star wasn't either. That trend only came in when he left.

I know Foley whines with Vince quite a lot, but I haven't actually heard him be a dick to people outwith Vince (And even then, he only goes as far as Vince allows him to go) as he even admits that in his books, what has he done?

I don't think there is much doubt about Undertaker being a total w****r behind the scenes. There are plenty of stories about how he was the judge of the "Wrestlers Court" where any wrestler deemed to have broken dressing room etiquette would be sent to get punished.

I'd reckon that Cena is almost certainly the one in charge of dishing out punishments now that the likes of Taker, JBL, Benoit and Bob Holly are all off the road. Orton is probably another one who was allowed to pick on other wrestlers, although that might have changed after his recent antics.

I think my favourite story of locker room ribbing is when MVP first joined the roster and Bob Holly decided to pick on him for a few weeks until someone had a word in Holly's ear and told him about MVP's rather colourful past. Holly very quickly ceased ribbing on MVP!

I've never heard anything about Kane being an arsehole backstage, although he is a personal favourite of Vince's due to the fact he is the ultimate company man and they share similar political views.

Taker's admitted to taking on a few of the boys when he felt they were stepping out of line, but I always thought he was viewed as the man that protects the business and when he had it up with Big Show & Shawn Michaels, he was totally correct in what he done. Interesting interview with Taker here about his 'role' which is definitely worth a watch:

My favourite story is when Joey Styles knocked JBL out, I refused to believe it when I first heard about it. JBL is quite frankly the biggest bully that we the public know about ranging from his treatment of the Blue Meanies (Which Raven got him back for) amongst numerous others with Bob Holly following not far behind. And from what I've seen, read, and heard Kane is one of the nicest guys you can meet but he's big on his politics but I've always felt there should be some dirt on him considering the length of time he's been at the top and rarely even misses a tour.

I know Foley whines with Vince quite a lot, but I haven't actually heard him be a dick to people outwith Vince (And even then, he only goes as far as Vince allows him to go) as he even admits that in his books, what has he done?

When he does indy shows for special appearances, he pretty much blanks fans unless they happen to have some green on them, which is pretty low when you consider even the top WWE guys will take a step to the side for a photo and an autograph.

I think Marshy sums up my feelings on things with Taker. If any wrestler has so much self indulgence that they think they can go to them lengths then f**k 'em. Amazingly, JBL got castrated by the IWC for his stuff, yet The Undertaker got off scot free. Then again, The Undertaker's stuff didn't include highly questionable grazing...

When he does indy shows for special appearances, he pretty much blanks fans unless they happen to have some green on them, which is pretty low when you consider even the top WWE guys will take a step to the side for a photo and an autograph.

I think Marshy sums up my feelings on things with Taker. If any wrestler has so much self indulgence that they think they can go to them lengths then f**k 'em. Amazingly, JBL got castrated by the IWC for his stuff, yet The Undertaker got off scot free. Then again, The Undertaker's stuff didn't include highly questionable grazing...

Trust me, they don't

I'm surprised to hear that considering Foley ripped Adam West for doing basically the same thing in his book, although whilst it is disappointing to hear, I have no doubt you're right considering Foley is one of the stingiest people going by his own account.

Why?

Because they are paid to play the role of a bully sometimes?

Or because they brought in Charlie Sheen for Raw 1000 who's a complete c**t, known alcoholic and drug addict and has had many claims of domestic violence made against him.

Not exactly the epitome of Be A Star, is he?

My favourite story is when Joey Styles knocked JBL out, I refused to believe it when I first heard about it. JBL is quite frankly the biggest bully that we the public know about ranging from his treatment of the Blue Meanies (Which Raven got him back for) amongst numerous others with Bob Holly following not far behind. And from what I've seen, read, and heard Kane is one of the nicest guys you can meet but he's big on his politics but I've always felt there should be some dirt on him considering the length of time he's been at the top and rarely even misses a tour.

I remember hearing about the Styles incident laugh.gif

I also recall hearing that JBL shoved hot dogs up Brian Christopher's ass during some of the hazing. laugh.gif

Trust me, they don't

A lot of the time they do. I've heard mostly good experiences from fans who go to shows from the UKFF. The bad experiences are much fewer.

I'm surprised to hear that considering Foley ripped Adam West for doing basically the same thing in his book, although whilst it is disappointing to hear, I have no doubt you're right considering Foley is one of the stingiest people going by his own account

It's probably to do with less money coming in. If he's going to work, he's going to make the maximum from it. There's a few guys that do that. Christopher Daniels of all people is another. Which is ridiculous considering AJ Styles DID charge for pics and stuff, but then came out after the show in Ayr and did photos and stuff.

And I meant Sherriff, not Marshy. My apologies.

Although I did like The Undertaker's words of advice to HBK when he was due to face Austin. :lol: Basically told him if he tries anything, he's going to get fucked up.

I've heard John Cena described as the "Tiger Woods of the WWE". Make of that what you will.

Described as such by Ken Doane, who has never ran Cena down before but said that he went for another tryout with WWE about the turn of the year and tried to bury the hatchet with Cena regarding Cena fucking about with Mickie James etc and Cena blanked him completely.

He states that he's always maintained silence about it for fear of WWE blackballing him, but after the last tryout he realised that Cena's pull and the fact that he'll have a job for life within the WWE more or less means he's blackballed anyway, so he spilled on the entire situation. Mentioned how he's a serial shagger and always has been, fucked about with at least another 2 divas

(one being Victoria) after he ditched Mickie and used to invite all sorts of groupies up to his hotel room.

To be fair, Doane went from feuding with and going over Ric Flair on several occasions to a jobber in 2 months. I remember thinking at the time how weird it was as he was a good in ring performer and they had him touted as a massive star of the future.

Off the topic, but anyone interested in MVP's backstory should check out the show he did on Colt Cabana's Art of Wrestling here about he ended up locked up. Superb stuff, probably my second favourite one behind Cliff Compton's (Domino in WWE) tale of Nigeria where he and Luke Gallows went to fight the Great Power Uti. I love listening to that show, but those two episodes are each interesting and hysterical.

I listened to an interview with Kane a few weeks ago, it was with that guy from The Sun. He came across as a fucking great guy and even joined in the banter and was an all round good sport.

I had heard about Pun having heat with Taker, and when you consider it Punk was in the right. If Cena can wear what he wants, why can't anyone else. He basically wanted Punk to parade around in a suit, shirt and tie....how the f**k does that fit in with CM PUNK?

I think it's safe to say that a good 75% of wrestlers in WWE/TNA are arse holes.

Orton has always come across as a c**t.

Cena is someone I wouldn't imagine being like that, but with the amount of stories that I've heard about him....there's no smoke without fire.

JBL has always been a w****r. This is from an interview he did in 2010:

"Did I haze the Miz? Hell yes! A lot of people want to talk about me and my hazing. Yes I did. I make no apologies about it what so ever. When I started, guys were hazed, and for good reason. They wanted to know that in a riot, which we had a few back in the day, were you going to be on the side of the boys or the fans?"

He seemed to think he was working the territories. It's seems a case of "look how tough I am rookie".....arsehole.

I had heard about Pun having heat with Taker, and when you consider it Punk was in the right. If Cena can wear what he wants, why can't anyone else. He basically wanted Punk to parade around in a suit, shirt and tie....how the f**k does that fit in with CM PUNK?

The thing is, taker would never, ever have stoated about from show to show in a suit whilst he was representing the WWE whilst holding the belt. He had far too much mystique about him to break kayfabe at the time. Jesus, they were even raging that his wedding pics were made public 2 years back.

Punks gimmick, if you can even call it that is an extension of himself. To say he should dress better whilst on the road is hypocritical at best considering how fiercely protective taker apparently is of the business.

If I was a kid and I saw wrestlers at the airport, I would be quite disapponted if they were all wearing suits tbh. Just imagine Steve Austin in his heyday rocking up at check in wearing a bloody suit!

Big Vito didn't have to wear a suit when he was out and about though. Fair play to him for being so dedicated to his gimmick. :lol:

wei_31_vito.jpg

Drew McIntyre is a good guy in real life, always up for a laugh and talks and gets photos with fans. My uncle's still friends with him from the time they worked in a call centre together and he's not got a bad word to say about him.