Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

The amount of stuff I didn't care about was astonishing. Constant skipping past stuff from me. Not that it was all bad. Thought the final segment was pretty good.

Daniel Bryan continues to be a complete star right now, and appears to be getting more over as the weeks go on. I also like that he's far from being a coward these days. He actually seems like someone who's well up for a fight no matter who it's against. I still didn't buy him as a main event guy a while after the big Mania thing and the consequent big push, but he's just taking the ball and running with it, and just cementing to me that he is, actually, the best wrestler in the world right now. Triple threat with Jericho/Ziggler/Miz was pretty good.

O'Neil and Young looked excellent when they were beating up Truth. Hopefully they can continue to look good without A.W.

Still too much crap though but made easier by the good stuff.

Just watched it on Youtube without ads, Touts or recaps (1 hour 48 minutes) and thought it was an okay show. The triple threat was the highlight for me but I found it odd that they chucked Miz in to it instead of setting up his Summerslam match. Ziggler v Y2J should be a cracker. So many of the Summerslam matches are predictable, though.

^ ^ ^ worked shoot leading to a TNA invasion IMO.

The truth is probably that Kurt was steaming on Twitter, again. Which is probably better than a TNA invasion, the WWE bookers would somehow manage to make that as boring as everything else on the show these days.

Punk mocking Cena's move-set was superb, although Cena's attempt at a high knee was dreadful.

laugh.gif Thought that as well. It was laughable.

The Uso's and McGillicutty always seem to be lurking around backstage doing f**k all.

Nice wee job. Getting paid to stand around.

Watching this now.

Lol @ JTG getting squashed before being future endeavoured.

Tensai is rotten ... how many times are we going to see him batter his wee follower guy? Rubbish, and uninteresting. Cara is rotten as well, right enough.

I fcking hate Roddy Piper. If this wasn't a Y2J/Ziggler part here I'd be skipping it.

Thoughts on Raw then:

The Brock-HBK thing was predictable but done well. Not wanting to get into the whole PG tv debate but its a shame that we don't get to see Brock's vicious beating of Michaels to show what he's capable of before he kidnapped him. I suppose the whole arm-breaking thing shows how dangerous he can be. Remember back in the day when HBK was commisioner or something he was viciously attacked in the snow and chucked through a car window? I admit I do long for the Attitude days, as everyone does I assume. I'll just need to relive it when WWE'13 comes out.

Ryback's new song is dreadful and cringeworthy. He looked really clumsy, the clothesline is usually quite stuff but his powerbomb almost dropped JTG on his head.

I really like Damien Sandow, I'd like to see him involved in matches that go a bit longer. I'm really surprised that he managed to beat Christian clean, who had the benefit of a distraction from Brodus, in about 2 minutes. I wouldn't say Christian's being buried but he's now looking at the lights for fledgling mid-carders rather than main eventers. He must be wondering if he'll ever see himself back in the main event scene.

The Daniel Bryan-Kane match and The Miz-Rey Mysterio matches have received almost no build up. I know there's still a Smackdown to go, but that only gets aired 2 days before the event .Hopefully Kane puts Bryan over and he can move onto challenging higher up the card again, he's excellent.

The Brock-HBK thing was predictable but done well. Not wanting to get into the whole PG tv debate but its a shame that we don't get to see Brock's vicious beating of Michaels to show what he's capable of before he kidnapped him. I suppose the whole arm-breaking thing shows how dangerous he can be. Remember back in the day when HBK was commisioner or something he was viciously attacked in the snow and chucked through a car window? I admit I do long for the Attitude days, as everyone does I assume. I'll just need to relive it when WWE'13 comes out.

The arm breaking thing is also crucial as it's a brutal finisher to use at Summerslam as well, so it puts that over. The F5 doesn't really work for this version of Brock. Doesn't suit him at all. Then again, he's still using it, so who knows?

Ryback's new song is dreadful and cringeworthy. He looked really clumsy, the clothesline is usually quite stuff but his powerbomb almost dropped JTG on his head.

I think the new theme suits him, and more importantly, that crowd was into it.

I really like Damien Sandow, I'd like to see him involved in matches that go a bit longer. I'm really surprised that he managed to beat Christian clean, who had the benefit of a distraction from Brodus, in about 2 minutes. I wouldn't say Christian's being buried but he's now looking at the lights for fledgling mid-carders rather than main eventers. He must be wondering if he'll ever see himself back in the main event scene.

Christian seems to be a bit of a gate keeper now for the guys coming up. That's fine by me. He's not much use in the main event, but is still bought as a threat, so having the younger guys going over him clean could do a great service.

The Daniel Bryan-Kane match and The Miz-Rey Mysterio matches have received almost no build up. I know there's still a Smackdown to go, but that only gets aired 2 days before the event .Hopefully Kane puts Bryan over and he can move onto challenging higher up the card again, he's excellent.

I wouldn't be surprised if The Miz is just fodder for Rey. Same goes for Kane being fed to Bryan.

Every week I say I'm going to stop staying up for this and then everyone I'm here and wide awake when it's starting.

Scotty 2 Hotty was just on NXT. Weird. :lol:

Did he win? Did he look any different?

I'm not watching Raw tonight purely because I'm not interested. It's gonna consist of Kane looking for Bryan, Cena whining about how he actually won the match & Shawn Michaels bleating about what Brock did to Triple H.