Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

Cardinal Richelieu, on 03 Mar 2015 - 23:33, said:

Surely the ref must have been in on it? I mean, we've seen so many 2 and 19/20th counts that the ref would have to have superhuman reflexes in order to stop his hand from counting 3?

Probably. Just saying that if a referee counts a three and the shoulders stayed down, the referee is right. He would have been told RIGHT before the finish in this case if he was just going with the flow.

Going back to Kurt Angle/Shawn Michaels from Mania 21 where Angle kicked out after the three and nobody came out of that looking good. Angle was actually a serial offender in that regard, but that's probably the most famous example.

Surely the ref must have been in on it? I mean, we've seen so many 2 and 19/20th counts that the ref would have to have superhuman reflexes in order to stop his hand from counting 3?

Unless I've totally got the wrong end of the stick :)

There'll probably be a few occasions where that's the case but normally it's up to the wrestler to kick out before the three count. The referees are trained to count to three regardless of situation.

I think recently the Stardust-Goldust thing at Fastlane is an example. Cody took too long to kick out and the ref signalled for the bell. Although it looked like the ref fucked up a bit with the third count. I was considering that it was going to be an angle for a rematch but it hasn't been mentioned again so it probably was just a botched finish.

Going by SD spoilers..

We won't get Stardust/Goldust at all at Mania and Goldust will be in the IC ladder match instead, getting a tad crowded that is, is that 7 people now?

Edited by RJM77

I'd love it if miz and mizdow were in the ladder match and mizdow screwes miz the same way he did Cody when he won mitb a few years ago. That would get a great pop although I have my reservations about mizdow being IC champ.

Going by SD spoilers..

We won't get Stardust/Goldust at all at Mania and Goldust will be in the IC ladder match instead, getting a tad crowded that is, is that 7 people now?

8 so far.

I'd love it if miz and mizdow were in the ladder match and mizdow screwes miz the same way he did Cody when he won mitb a few years ago. That would get a great pop although I have my reservations about mizdow being IC champ.

Miz and Mizdow are already confirmed for the Andre the Giant Battle Royal.

They should have fucking had a MITB match! It would be a lot more meaningful than fighting over the albatross that is the IC title. It would be fun if there were 2 MITB holders. You could imagine them both running out to cash in, only to start scrapping and the champ to smash them with his finisher. Or them knowing the other will cash in on them if they cash in. It would be something different. One of the MITB holders (Rollins) could have someone take out the other, letting them cash in and win. The other guy is off TV for a month or so, with no one knowing when they'll return, leading to Rollins being uber paranoid. It would be quality.

Oh and Ambrose is winning this match. He would be ideal as the other MITB holder in my scenario as well. It could then lead to an Shield triple threat for the title at Summerslam.

They should have fucking had a MITB match! It would be a lot more meaningful than fighting over the albatross that is the IC title. It would be fun if there were 2 MITB holders. You could imagine them both running out to cash in, only to start scrapping and the champ to smash them with his finisher. Or them knowing the other will cash in on them if they cash in. It would be something different. One of the MITB holders (Rollins) could have someone take out the other, letting them cash in and win. The other guy is off TV for a month or so, with no one knowing when they'll return, leading to Rollins being uber paranoid. It would be quality.

Oh and Ambrose is winning this match. He would be ideal as the other MITB holder in my scenario as well. It could then lead to an Shield triple threat for the title at Summerslam.

I like the sound of your idea. Something fresh and new.

Paul Heyman could sell sand to an Arab. He's just so fucking good at what he does, easily the best non-wrestler speaker in the business today, maybe ever.

There's no maybe about it, best promo guy there's been...wrestler or otherwise.

Edited by Christophe

He's not better than Ric Flair in the 80s. Or Piper. Or even Rock from modern times.

I think people sometimes forget just how good some of these guys were. Even Dusty Rhodes cut better promos. This isn't a knock on Heyman. People need to reel it in though.

He's not better than Ric Flair in the 80s. Or Piper. Or even Rock from modern times.

I think people sometimes forget just how good some of these guys were. Even Dusty Rhodes cut better promos. This isn't a knock on Heyman. People need to reel it in though.

Yup. Rock, Piper and Austin were all the very top for me.

He's the best non-wrestling speaker though, for me.