Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

So the Ryback/Maddox match was pretty pointless. The fuck was the segment with him and Heyman back stage all about when they 'went for a walk'? I expected some sort of interference or screwjob but there was nothing. Just a total squash.

I've been thinking that Punk will come down and cost Ryback the match by attacking Maddox, thus giving Ryback a DQ loss, then running away as Ryback attempts to get back at him. Punk claims that he can't be working with Maddox because he's just attacked him and the story runs for another week or two when its revealed that Punk/Heyman talked Maddox into helping him retain the title at Hell in a Cell.

Glad my predictions are still spot on. I did verbally predict that the Miz would be the addition to Foley's team and slowly start to turn face in the process (edit to add: before the whole vote thing was announced).

Couple of things:

They've spent a couple of months building Team Rhodes Scholars into a credible team capable of challenging for the Tag Team titles, then halt the momentum slightly by having a "new" team beat them without much fuss.

How far has Tensai fallen now? From king of Japan to big move to the WWE (pinning Cena & CM Punk) to now being squashed by R-Truth. A return to Japan must be imminent.

Edited by LAGer

So the Ryback/Maddox match was pretty pointless. The f**k was the segment with him and Heyman back stage all about when they 'went for a walk'? I expected some sort of interference or screwjob but there was nothing. Just a total squash.

I've read a theory that they may do an angle where because Maddox didn't have a contract, Heyman and Maddox may sue Vince for assault on a private citizen with the settlement being a contract for Maddox.

Either that or they're just going to leave it at Ryback squashing Maddox and moving on from the whole angle, which tbh wouldn't be the worst thing to do.

I've read a theory that they may do an angle where because Maddox didn't have a contract, Heyman and Maddox may sue Vince for assault on a private citizen with the settlement being a contract for Maddox.

Either that or they're just going to leave it at Ryback squashing Maddox and moving on from the whole angle, which tbh wouldn't be the worst thing to do.

That seems plausible, and its a very "Paul Heyman" thing to do. I've still got this feeling that Heyman faction will start up with Punk leading the way, maybe Maddox will be involved.

Does anyone really believe Miz will be turning face? To me it appears the whole fallout with Heyman was staged and he will cost team Foley the match at survivor series and he is part of that team to cause disruption and fallout - hence the jealousy angle with Dbryan and Kane? :unsure: maybe just me

I hope he does, he's boring as f**k right now and need s a change.

Does anyone really believe Miz will be turning face? To me it appears the whole fallout with Heyman was staged and he will cost team Foley the match at survivor series and he is part of that team to cause disruption and fallout - hence the jealousy angle with Dbryan and Kane? :unsure: maybe just me

I always thought Miz could develop into a good mid-card face.

Thats a good point and something I hadn't considered. Can see that happening now. Don't know if anyone bothers with Smackdown but there was a bit on that where he went to shake hands with Kofi Kingston after he was beat and Kofi drop-kicked him out the wrong, another reason why I thought he was maybe set to turn.

I always thought they'd make him face at some point, as he is one of the faces of the company through promotion, charity work and movies. It'd maybe make more commerical sense for him to be the good guy. I'd like to see it for a bit of a change.

Think that was deliberate at the end there how they did that twice? First time the title was up side down, then they dropped it and did it again with it the right way up.

I was thinking that too. Might be just for a promotional spot or it might be a signal as to whats going to happen on Sunday, maybe they'll both pin Punk or something and somehow the title gets upheld or Punks reign continues.

RAW is beginning to become boring as the storyline is not as excting as back in the day and it began to drag on when they introduced the 3 hour show.

Aye, the move to 3 hours was a disasterous move. They should have used the extra hour to get more folk over; instead we just see more pish. It didn't work for Nitro, so why did they think it would work for Raw?

It would have benn better if they hat the talent to make the extra hour show bearable, but there are only a few superstars that i enjoy watching everyweek.

Can't wait to see the Rock and Lesnar back, the Road to Wrestlemania should be fantastic.:ph34r:

It would have benn better if they hat the talent to make the extra hour show bearable, but there are only a few superstars that i enjoy watching everyweek.

They do though, there's tonnes of guys in the likes of NXT that could be promoted. Guys like Chris Hero, Seth Rollins, Tyler Black, Dean Ambrose who have experience in wrestling and could easily jump up to Raw.

So I went to catch up on RAW last night, I lasted until the Sheamus match before deleting it, I didn't even bother watching up to the main event, I fear my love for WWE is finally ending, I really hope they bring back Lesnar soon.

This is how I feel too. I barely ever watch RAW anymore and a Lesnar return is probably the only thing that'll get me interested anytime soon.

Lesnar v Ryback?

I'd definitely watch it but even if it happened I'd be a bit apprehensive about it. It would no doubt evoke memories of Lesnar and Goldberg's feud and I'd hate to see another hyped-up-to-f**k shitfest like the one they served up at Wrestlemania XX. They remain my two all-time favourite wrestlers but that match was absolutely fucking dreadful.