Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

It's purely what I'd like to see, but it's on the basis of the rumoured possible Mania matches, so I'll spoiler it just in case.

As the top two matches rumoured are Rock v Cena II for the title and Punk v Taker, I'd like to see Punk retain at the Rumble through some sort of devious means, maybe the Shield or Maddox interfering or something. Cena wins the Rumble later on. Then have Punk constantly make "there's not a man alive or dead that's laced up the boots that could beat me, I'm the best ever" type promos disparaging the likes of Sammartino, Flair, Hogan, 'Taker, Austin, Rock, etc and claiming his title reign is the most incredible thing in wrestling history, including the streak, etc for the next few weeks while the build to elimination chamber happens with a wee tournament for entrants.

Couple of weeks before EC, have the lights go out during one of Punk's promos, but have no reveal, do that every week until the EC, pissing off/freaking out Punk. Get the last two in the Chamber down to Punk v Rock, have Punk cheat again in some way, make it look like he's just about to win and then have the lights go out, put them back on with Punk in position for a tombstone at the hands of the deadman, allowing Rock to win the title. 'Taker has his motive of being disrespected, Punk obviously has his and challenges 'Taker for the streak, boom, job done, you have yourself your top two 'Mania matches.

Yeah, I like that. Since it's likely to be Lesnar vs Triple H again at Wrestlemania it would be a good way to reignite that feud too. You could have Heyman bring out Lesnar to kick the shit out of him and then have Triple H come out to get back at Lesnar.

On the topic of Lesnar, am I the only one that thinks the WWE have wasted his return a bit? If it is him against Triple H at Wrestlemania it'll have less interest than the WWE title match and whoever the Undertaker faces. If they do something good with the World Heavyweight title too it could potentially gain more interest than Lesnar vs Triple H too. Considering they're presumably paying him a shitload of money and the fact that y'know, he's Brock fucking Lesnar, it doesn't seem worthwhile to have brought him back if that's all they've got planned for him.

Brock v Hunter is totally underwhelming if that's planned for Mania. Like you say, it'll be way down the card, and they've also done it and dusted it down afterwards. Don't see how they reignite that feud without it seeming a bit of a retread.

Brock v Hunter is totally underwhelming if that's planned for Mania. Like you say, it'll be way down the card, and they've also done it and dusted it down afterwards. Don't see how they reignite that feud without it seeming a bit of a retread.

Yeah, it would be underwhelming. I can't see them having Lesnar "break" Triple H's arm without there being some sort of follow up to it though.

Odds on Cena being the first entrant and going on to win it?

Answer in bold. <_<

Give us Daniel Bryan, Damien Sandow or, to make it interesting, Ziggler (to go for a unification that just won't happen) or better yet Ambrose, too soon for him though I'd think.

Sandow would be an excellent champion.

Yeah, it would be underwhelming. I can't see them having Lesnar "break" Triple H's arm without there being some sort of follow up to it though.

Brock tried to avoid the summerslam match in the first place, so why would he logically accept to fight him again at Mania after he's beaten him. Will be interesting to see how they book that, probably the old wwe selective memory comes into play.

Brock tried to avoid the summerslam match in the first place, so why would he logically accept to fight him again at Mania after he's beaten him. Will be interesting to see how they book that, probably the old wwe selective memory comes into play.

Logically, he wouldn't but I think the WWE would look at a rematch from Triple H's perspective rather than Lesnar's. Chances are Lesnar's going to retire after this Wrestlemania or the next one but Triple H will probably still be around for a while (though not necessarily competing). Given that Heyman said that Lesnar would end Triple H's career, it'd make Triple H look pretty weak if Lesnar came back, beat him then fucked off again, particularly if Triple H doesn't wrestle often again as is expected. The WWE would have essentially crushed one of their biggest, longest-serving stars just to get a short run out of Lesnar. I'd rather they didn't have Lesnar face Triple H again but I can see why they'd book it.