Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

So the question is - who on the current roster could likely elevate to that number one babyface position in a few years?

A Daniel Bryan or a Dolph Ziggler?

Perhaps an NXT guy like Bo Dallas?

Maybe a current mid carder, I seem to remember some thinking Zack Ryder may even be Cenas replacement

BO DALLAS?! FUCKING BO DALLAS?! They dropped him from the Barrett angle, so I can hardly see him in a top role. Or indeed any role. He'll be a Superstars regular then will be cut.

Also regarding the kids merchandise; if they built up stars properly, then they wouldn't have to rely on a single demographic. Older folk would buy more merch if they (WWE) did it properly.

I'm thinking the Shield to take the Tag Team titles at Extreme Rules, hopefully employing the 'Freebird' rule.

I had the exact same thought. It would still allow them to fight other battles and even have Ambrose push up and take the US title off Kofi.

CM Punk fails as a babyface because he's too moany, cunty and just generally not a good person, even as a babyface. Not because he's too mature. He can excel as a heel and WILL excel as a heel because he's got the perfect character for it.

I was trying to be nice, but aye, he's a whiny p***k. Though you can't exactly have a babyface do what he does on Twitter and some of it is quite mature (not in the sense that he's not making jokes, more than what he says and any jokes he does make are very adult)

Thought it was a complete waste of Undertaker in all honesty.

Would have made more sense to use him at Extreme Rules.

There's a chance he will be at Extreme Rules too as...

he goes on-on-one with Ambrose on Smackdown, so this feud looks like it will continue.

To be fair, Cena took one out from behind right away with a chair, which reduced the numbers. He had a weapon and Ryback wasn't down. It was hardly a burial. It's not even a talking point.

I agree it's not a burial, but it just seems that they keep giving a little nod to "Super Cena", hinting that it might just possibly change, before reinforcing that there is no way in hell that it will.

I just find it frustrating - reminds me of Hogan growing up, and I f*cking hated that man!

BO DALLAS?! FUCKING BO DALLAS?! They dropped him from the Barrett angle, so I can hardly see him in a top role. Or indeed any role. He'll be a Superstars regular then will be cut.

I wasn't meaning Bo Dallas as such, just used him as an example as was first babyface that sprung to mind from NXT. My point was more perhaps a youngster in NXT could go on and be the big star in a few years.

On another note, i see Cesaro is jobbing to Ryder on house shows now

So it looks like another R-Truth push....

Enjoyed Raw mostly, had two good matches in Ziggler/Jericho & the six-man tag. Guessing that we only got two long-ish matches because a lot of bigger names were on the Smackdown tour in Wales at the time.

I'm thinking the Shield to take the Tag Team titles at Extreme Rules, hopefully employing the 'Freebird' rule.

Really think that Antonio Cesaro, Cody Rhodes & Damien Sandow deserve something a bit better at the moment.

I had the exact same thought. It would still allow them to fight other battles and even have Ambrose push up and take the US title off Kofi.

I was trying to be nice, but aye, he's a whiny p***k. Though you can't exactly have a babyface do what he does on Twitter and some of it is quite mature (not in the sense that he's not making jokes, more than what he says and any jokes he does make are very adult)

If you put the tag titles on the shield then where do u go from there? They have beat every top person in the WWE bar a couple.

Do you have them facing primo and epico and the uso's every week?

If you put the tag titles on the shield then where do u go from there? They have beat every top person in the WWE bar a couple.

Do you have them facing primo and epico and the uso's every week?

You can do the same thing as Hell No have done, they won the belts at Night of Champions, which was on the 16th of September last year, that's over 7 months of a title run.

Such is the tag team division in the WWE, it's the same old faces. You can have the Shield beating the likes of those teams every couple/few months to keep the titles relevant but you can also have them disrupting main eventers like they've been doing since they arrived.

It's not ideal but I'd much rather see them on The Shield than on jobbers like Primo and Epico, The Prime Time Players or The Usos.

You can do the same thing as Hell No have done, they won the belts at Night of Champions, which was on the 16th of September last year, that's over 7 months of a title run.

Such is the tag team division in the WWE, it's the same old faces. You can have the Shield beating the likes of those teams every couple/few months to keep the titles relevant but you can also have them disrupting main eventers like they've been doing since they arrived.

It's not ideal but I'd much rather see them on The Shield than on jobbers like Primo and Epico, The Prime Time Players or The Usos.

Devalues the tag team division, thought it was actually on the up a few months back but the titles have hardly been defended. I'ts depressing how every title in the WWE bar the WWE title itself is pretty much worthless.

I wasn't meaning Bo Dallas as such, just used him as an example as was first babyface that sprung to mind from NXT. My point was more perhaps a youngster in NXT could go on and be the big star in a few years.

On another note, i see Cesaro is jobbing to Ryder on house shows now

Fair enough.

Losing the US title, not getting on Mania, losing to R-Truth and having to do that fucking dreadful yodelling nonsense all adds up to one thing for Cesaro; the push is over. I would have thought he'd be the prime guy to win the MITB case.

Yeah, I don't think this wee run spells doom for Cesaro. To be fair to creative, if they want to push him up past the midcard then there's nothing for him just now. Ryback/Cena, Swagger/Ziggler/Del Rio, Henry/Sheamus and Orton/Big Show is taking up pretty much all the main eventers with Punk away too. (not including the part time guys like Lesnar/Trips/Taker etc).

Guys go on bad runs, Bryan and Ziggler have had horrendous ones recently (like within the last year or two) so he might just need to bide his time while things open up for him.

None of the above is excuse for him losing to R-Truth though.

This is also a very deliberate losing streak. They seem to bring it up a fair bit and it's only two matches old. So there's going to be something at the end of it.

Not always, they had a very deliberate one with McIntyre about a year back where was losing and being fired every week and everyone thought there'd be a payoff for him, but it came to nothing at all.