Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

Just started watching, Big Johnny is having the arse ripped from under him. Im glad we dont need to listen to him introduce himself 3 times an episode anymore. "I am Mr...." "and i am the gene..." "...down and raw" fucking zzzzzzzz we bloody know!

Foley is a brilliant choice as we need more of old Mick, but it shouldnt be a temp position, give him his old role back, inject some proper comedy into the WWE again, its not as funny as it used to be years ago.

Edited by EdgarusQPFC

There was so much wrong with that episode of RAW I don't even know where to begin. I skipped through most of it on youtube, whilst reading updates from this forum and I was still bored. I have no idea how anyone can watch WWE live just now. Wasting valuable hours you could be sleeping IMO.

f**k me there is some amount of wrist tanning going on in this thread.

Now "WWE is shite"

A month from now; "WWE is really good just now"

Two months from now "WWE is shite".

Jesus, it's good and shite in spells throughout each year. Has been for a long time. You'll get a few good months then it'll slow down again. Relax. If it's that bad don't watch it.

I thought the Punk/Sheamus vs Kane/Bryan match was good as was the HHH/Heyman stuff.

AJ Skipping around the ring in that mask and hearing Cyndi Lauper got me thinking of this burd for some reason..

Batman-Arkham-City-Harley-Quinn-and-Jokers-goons.jpg

Definetly one of the most random parts ive seen in a while. Wonder where its gonna lead tho.....

0.jpg

Hopefully not :lol:

Oh and the crowd barely reacting to the Lauper introduction was hillarious.

"Introducing Cyndi Lauper!"

"..................."

Edited by EdgarusQPFC

f**k me there is some amount of wrist tanning going on in this thread.

Now "WWE is shite"

A month from now; "WWE is really good just now"

Two months from now "WWE is shite".

Jesus, it's good and shite in spells throughout each year. Has been for a long time. You'll get a few good months then it'll slow down again. Relax. If it's that bad don't watch it.

Because it's gonna be good in the future, doesn't mean it isn't shite now. So I'll call it shite.

So if someone thinks its shite they shouldn't be allowed to say? I don't ever see it booming again under its current direction or even significantly improving. Bit of a shame what its been reduced to IMO. The only way the rating seems to stay above a three these days is if the return of a previously popular character is announced. The f**k are they gonna do when all these guys are dead or completely crippled?

So if someone thinks its shite they shouldn't be allowed to say?

Indeed. It's funny that the high points that we keep tuning in to catch are brought up, yet those who decide they want to keep watching to catch em are somehow wrong for doing so here.

Aye, whatever. I have a good wee middle ground though. Watch on YouTube, skip the shite.

It's the level of criticism that's OTT. If wrestling is eternally fucked and there's no way back I don't see why you'd want to watch. Why watch something you think is so bad? Do you regularly watch things you hate? Of course there are shit segments in most shows, but the knickerwetting about the state of Raw is miles OTT.

If wrestling is eternally fucked and there's no way back I don't see why you'd want to watch.

There's a difference between thinking it's shit and thinking it's eternally fucked, which I haven't said and wouldn't say. They also continue to put out a solid PPV product which can dilute the shit once a month.

Why watch something you think is so bad? Do you regularly watch things you hate?

Because...

it's good and shite in spells throughout each year. Has been for a long time. You'll get a few good months then it'll slow down again.

...and that's correct. So stick with it and it'll be good. And there's also the odd good show thrown in from time to time in the shite spell, or even the odd good match, like last night's tag match opener. I'd rather catch the good stuff going through the bad than miss the good stuff altogether.

In recent memory, WWE haven't been bad as far as good and bad spells are concerned. We've had Punk mostly in good form promo and match-wise, YES!-mania seeing Bryan get elevated to the main event cene, the hype over Lesnar's comeback, the Cena-Rock exchanges, Taker-HHH, superb individual matches like Lesnar/Cena, Bryan/Punk, Bryan/Sheamus, and the Jericho/Punk street fight; things have fallen away a bit, but I reckon they have something lined up for the summer that'll get them back on track, perhaps involving Lesnar or Rock. Something partly to blame for the poor shows of late, I think, is that all the good part-time main-eventers are away at once, so we're stuck with guys like Big Show and Kane being shoved into the main event, Ziggler being called in to face Sheamus when he clearly needs building up again after being mishandled for the last 6 months etc..

There has been some poor booking as well(Punk and Bryan's stuff being booked in such a way as to make them and the WWE title look secondary to Cena, and Sheamus and Cena being booked horribly from a character/promo stand-point come to mind). But aye, I think it's going to get better soon.

Anyway, TNA seem to have finally got their shit together, so it's not as if mainstream wrestling on the whole is pish. :)

Edited by RB-Scotland

So, up until the 1000th episode of RAW it will be former superstars who've previously been GM/Commisioner as guest GM's on a weekly basis. From memory that could include;

William Regal,

Sgt Slaughter,

Shaun Michaels,

Steve Austin,

Bret Hart,

Kurt Angle

I think Ric Flair was co-owner with Vince, so don't know if that would rule him out or not. Is there anyone else I'm missing?