Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

Not a bad show to start of the new Raw; Sasha Banks new women's champion and Finn Balor heading to SummerSlam to face Seth Rollins for the WWE Universal Championship (I just cannot become a fan of that name)

2 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

Reigns getting two close to clean losses in a row. Some lesson getting taught.

Three actually, if you count the one the night before his suspension was announced.

I only caught the 3rd hour, but great stuff from what I saw.  All the little things like the new set, the announcers being on the stage and the in-ring interviews have given the show a whole new feel, and Sasha and Balor's wins suggest a major change in booking too.  Hopefully they keep it up.

That jobber who lost to Strowman was hilarious, with his non-existent chin and his Offspring tattoo. :lol: 

Excellent episode of Raw. The segment at the start felt like it was needed to set the show up for once and after that it was all good stuff aside from the Sonny Boy bit that went on way too long. 

A wrestling show with actual wrestlers doing actual wrestling will pull viewers in. It felt a lot more streamlined too with post match interviews and short, snappy backstage segments. 

I was relatively late to discover him as I've never been a huge follower of Japanese wrestling but I made an effort thanks to this man. Finn Balor has been one of my favourite wrestlers since he first strolled into the Garage to face Wolfgang four years ago and looked like he was from a different level even then. It's incredibly satisfying to see a guy that good get his due despite not being that big. 

Edited by djchapsticks

Good show; pity they won't be able to keep it up. I don't mind the new commentary table as it means I will have a cleared view in November having previously thought I would be directly behind them. 

Balor winning is great but he will lose at Summerslam, I think they gave him the win for the added theatre of his PPV entrance. It should look amazing in a massive arena with all the stuff that goes with it.

Cracking show - shows that they are actually capable if they put their minds to it, but the problem now will be backing it up.

Balor as the demon at Summerslam will be spectacular, and Sasha Banks is quality too. Srurpised no-one has mentioned Big E during the selection of the fatal 4way contenders - his expressions were hilarious each time someone was picked instead of him.

Couple of negatives. The name for the title is awful, and smacks of the old Bill Watts' story of naming his promotion the UWF because the Universe is bigger and better than the World. Braun Strowman is awful, and so was his opponent. Finally, the R-Truth/Pokemon Go thing was topical, if not funny, but I can see it becoming a regular thing - it better f*cking not.

Finally, look who Sasha called to celebrate!

Absolutely pumped to watch this tonight. I tried to avoid spoilers all day until some mark posted a picture of Sasha Banks holding the strap.

Sorry to see Roman Reigns in the (big) dog's house for the time being, he's had some great matches this year, but I'm very pleased to see Finn Bálor come in and shake things up straight away. He seemed to go a little stale towards the end of his run in NXT (boring promos, same moves) but there's no doubt he'll be an absolute star. Absolutely gorgeous and bags of charisma.