Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

3 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

It was a fair assumption to make tbh. 

True. Doesn't make it any less funny though when you say "anyone thinking there will be a title change is an idiot".....then the tutle changes. Good stuff lads:lol:.

When you so mad you literally spit teeth at them.

True. Doesn't make it any less funny though when you say "anyone thinking there will be a title change is an idiot".....then the tutle changes. Good stuff lads:lol:.

When you so mad you literally spit teeth at them.

It's just a swerve for swerve sake.

Makes the end of the SS match confusing and pointless now, it's like they don't actually have a concrete plan for the women.

Won't be the last time WWE make me look like a dick

It doesn't feel like they have a coherent long-term plan for the women.  It looked like they switched the title at HIAC so that Bayley could move on to feuding with Charlotte and Banks could busy herself with Nia Jax.  Seemed fair enough, and SS ended pointing to that.  Then a week later they effectively throw that all up in the air and have yet another title change.  More than that, they have the wizened ghost of Ric Flair come in too.  That points to the feud perhaps still not being over.  Maybe we're getting a triple threat at the Royal Rumble, where hopefully Banks moves more towards the heel side of things, leading to Bayley winning at WM.

It's not that anything they're doing is bad, but there's no real storytelling at the moment.

Is that Sheamus turning face now? He and Cesaro definitely have potential as a tag team I think so breaking them up now seems a bit w**k.

New Day might be slyly turning heel? Maybe they'll beat the record (the justification for the heel turn) before some babyface team beats them (perhaps the aforementioned Sheamus and Cesaro)? How many days do they have to go to beat the record?

Jericho/Owen remain tremendous. I think Y2J will end up saving Owens at the next PPV because he wants the title for himself.

Brock in the Rumble is both good and bad. Good because it's always fun to see him annihilate folk but bad because folk like Rollins, Styles, Ambrose etc wonder what they have to do to win it, seeing as it's pretty much guaranteed that either Lesnar or Goldberg will win it (and if neither of them do then we'll be 'treated' to another match between them at Mania after they each cost the other in the Rumble).

As mentioned, the US Title seems to mean even less these days, and it's been meaning f**k all for a while. They aren't even trying to set anything up for it just now.

Cruiserweights are being set up to fail. Within a year we'll see Elsworth as the champion.

If they persist with Banks and Charlotte then we could see them swapping the title a few more times. I guess it's to make you believe that you can't call it between them?

16 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Is that Sheamus turning face now? He and Cesaro definitely have potential as a tag team I think so breaking them up now seems a bit w**k.

New Day might be slyly turning heel? Maybe they'll beat the record (the justification for the heel turn) before some babyface team beats them (perhaps the aforementioned Sheamus and Cesaro)? How many days do they have to go to beat the record?

Jericho/Owen remain tremendous. I think Y2J will end up saving Owens at the next PPV because he wants the title for himself.

Brock in the Rumble is both good and bad. Good because it's always fun to see him annihilate folk but bad because folk like Rollins, Styles, Ambrose etc wonder what they have to do to win it, seeing as it's pretty much guaranteed that either Lesnar or Goldberg will win it (and if neither of them do then we'll be 'treated' to another match between them at Mania after they each cost the other in the Rumble).

As mentioned, the US Title seems to mean even less these days, and it's been meaning f**k all for a while. They aren't even trying to set anything up for it just now.

Cruiserweights are being set up to fail. Within a year we'll see Elsworth as the champion.

If they persist with Banks and Charlotte then we could see them swapping the title a few more times. I guess it's to make you believe that you can't call it between them?

I don't think Sheamus turns face, think they'll just keep it the usual "Face/Heel" dynamic they have now.  It'll take some doing to turn him proper face now anyway, and the way they have it right now is working.  I think it'd be a shame for them to be the ones to beat New Day finally, especially if they do turn heel (which surely they must do).  I'd have them hold up to Wrestlemania where they drop to a mega face team.  Enzo and Cass would be good if they can drag them out of the mire of just going out and talking shite.  Give them a direction and a proper feud and they could really be brilliant.  And the pop if they finally pick up titles by beating a heel New Day would be amazing.

Something new needs to happen with Owens and Jericho.  I can see Jericho interfering at Roadblock (gotta make Roman look strong y'all), which would take both on to the Rumble.  Have the breakup happen for that and you should get a high-stakes match for then.  I'm still not convinced that it's big enough (yet) to be a WM match.  And the thought of them continuing with the will they/won't they until then isn't appealing.

I'm not sure it's anywhere near guaranteed that one of Lesnar or Goldberg wins the Rumble.  In fact, I'd be confident in saying neither will now that they're both involved.  If one or the other was, then there'd be more mileage, but with them both being involved I could see them being number 1 and 2 (they take each other out before 3 even arrives, or just early) or doing similar in the middle or late parts.  Looks like we're full steam ahead to a WM match between them, and the only way one could win the Rumble and manage that would be if the other was Champion.  Unless they do another "for the title" match.  And I just realised that you pretty much said what I said in the last part :P I can't see it being anything other than that.

Agreed on the US title.  It's absolutely baws.  Cena did so, so much for that belt.  It was huge with the Rusev feud when Cena finally took it, then for 210 days (with a month in between for the Rollins dual-reign thing) he made it look actually worthwhile.  Since then Del Rio won it in a pretty shit match, then Kalisto, then Del Rio again, then Kalisto again, then Rusev again, then Reigns.  I can't think of one huge moment in the life of the title since Del Rio made the surprise return, but at least in the months after it was actually defended.  Presumably it won't be at Roadblock, and I'd be shocked if Reigns wasn't in the Rumble, so probably won't be until...Elimination Chamber?  Is that the RAW one before WM or is it Fastlane?  Best case, they have someone screw him out of the title on RAW if they really want him to be in the main event.  Let someone hold it who can actually benefit from it.

Cruiserweights are absolutely guff.  One of the saddest parts of WWE now considering how absolutely brilliant the CWC was. 

Charlotte is on her streak at PPVs.  Guarantee that if they book her in a title match at Roadblock, she's winning it back.  They've only just started making something out of it.  I'm not someone who hates the idea of titles going back and forth, certainly don't see it as devaluing the title or anything, and I'd probably say I'd rather see a few changes than a long reign that goes stale.  But there needs to be some kind of storyline and planning into what's happening to make it worthwhile, otherwise it just looks like you've got no idea what you're doing.   Which they probably don't.

They did more build for the cruiserweights in about 15 minutes of that show than months of RAW.  The timeslot is killing them though.  The arena was half empty going by pictures and they had to turn the lights down and get people to move to make it look like it was full.  Crowd was absolutely dead for most of it too.