Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

1 hour ago, JamieStevenson said:

It was superbly done. Part of me actually thought a trade was on the table, but as soon as Mick said it was Eva Marie I know he was getting the match instead, which I'm still very happy about. Not sure how much of a match it really is though with a 10 minute time limit.... Does Zayn manage to pull off the upset in that time or is it simply like Mick said, 10 minutes of trying to survive for a time limit draw?

Yeah it was great, although it did massively bury Eva Marie.

1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

lederhosen guy is a c**t

Who?

22 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

The guy in and around the front row of raw and ppvs constantly, always wearing a lederhosen and a Bayern Munich (I think) top. Once you see him he can't be unseen.

Can't say I've noticed (but then I only read Bleacher Report and watch any highlights in said report). I'm sure I'll spot him then start seeing him everywhere.

There was a guy who on quite a few PPVs in 2000-2001 in the crowd. He was a black guy with glasses and a tight t-shirt (he was in decent shape though) pulling daft faces. He could have been 30 or 50. He had one of those faces where it's so hard to tell how old a person is.

Braun Strowman and Sami Zayn are both doing pretty well out of this rivalry they've got going. Was worried that when Zayn was put with him that we'd see him get squashed and Strowman going over easily. Still looks like Strowman is going to go over, but will take a good challenge, and Zayn will look better coming out of it. Can see Zayn lasting the 10 minutes at Roadblock and then eventually losing a longer match.

The one I can't help but notice is the guy with the long straight hair who is almost always in the hard cams view for every single PPV.  He's also started - or maybe I've only just noticed - putting on really exaggerated "cor, what is this like?" expressions during matches.  Hard to describe, but like the other guys, you probably can't unsee it now.

Guest bernardblack

Think it'll be a Raw guy as Smackdown has Elimination Chamber

Has the chamber been confirmed as SD?

That shark cage idea was used in NXT, last month? I hate raw so much!

ETA - fancy Balor to win the rumble now that Owens will beat Reigns

29 minutes ago, Dave1875 said:

Wonder if they'll have that ringside crane again that clearly isn't holding the cage up.

Thought they'd stopped Elimination Chamber due to it being so heavy and causing concern for some arenas?

They did, but brought it back for a weird house show/PPV thing last year.  Seems to be back on the calendar for now, just not sure which side it's falling on yet.  Smackdown got TLC, so RAW are due a gimmick one.  Which comes first, EC or Fastlane?  If it's Fastlane then I'd imagine Smackdown would get that and RAW get EC.  

They did, but brought it back for a weird house show/PPV thing last year.  Seems to be back on the calendar for now, just not sure which side it's falling on yet.  Smackdown got TLC, so RAW are due a gimmick one.  Which comes first, EC or Fastlane?  If it's Fastlane then I'd imagine Smackdown would get that and RAW get EC.  

Smackdown has EC on Feb 12 and Raw has Fastlane on March 5 according to Wikipedia.

Kinda disappointed, with Smackdown bringing back old PPV names I was expecting they'd use No Way Out again

1 minute ago, Dave1875 said:

Smackdown has EC on Feb 12 and Raw has Fastlane on March 5 according to Wikipedia.

Kinda disappointed, with Smackdown bringing back old PPV names I was expecting they'd use No Way Out again

Makes sense from a timing perspective given that RAW had the last brand-specific one, but EC should really be for RAW.  Not because they'd do it any better - Smackdown have got that covered - but just with sheer numbers.  I'd imagine they'd put the main title in there, so you've pretty much got every major roster member in the chamber.  Styles/Ambrose/Corbin/Cena/Ziggler/Miz?  Or if Miz is still champion they'll probably have him go up against Corbin, so sub in Ellsworth (because of course they will) and one other.  It's going to be a pretty bare show.

Makes sense from a timing perspective given that RAW had the last brand-specific one, but EC should really be for RAW.  Not because they'd do it any better - Smackdown have got that covered - but just with sheer numbers.  I'd imagine they'd put the main title in there, so you've pretty much got every major roster member in the chamber.  Styles/Ambrose/Corbin/Cena/Ziggler/Miz?  Or if Miz is still champion they'll probably have him go up against Corbin, so sub in Ellsworth (because of course they will) and one other.  It's going to be a pretty bare show.

Indeed. Possibility of them doing a tag title Elimination Chamber like they did a year ago?

Also just noticed the Raw tag belts have been changed from Bronze plates on black straps to silver plates on red straps (didn't watch Raw last night so catching up on Twitter)

Hope to god they don't change the WWE World title to have a blue strap

1 hour ago, JamieStevenson said:

You'd imagine Wyatt Fam will have a representative in the EC match.

I'd forgotten about that - yeah, I'd be surprised if Harper wasn't in there.  If they do a tag team one, then obviously Wyatt/Orton, they'll at least have a title match I would've thought.