Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

Piper's family gave her that jacket as it's one of his and she's a big fan.

And? It's massive on her, makes her look like a small child, does an absolutely amazing job of undermining her credibility which is some feat considering who she is, it compliments the fact she can't act to save herself.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

And? It's massive on her, makes her look like a small child, does an absolutely amazing job of undermining her credibility which is some feat considering who she is, it compliments the fact she can't act to save herself.

Bit of a harsh sentiment over a tribute.

Worked shoots are rarely bad. So when you have a guy like Reigns who falls flat at times on the mic, it's probably a good idea to do it with him more often than not. It's a foolproof way to get people interested in a match and make the guy cutting the promo look great.

EDIT: If they had Heyman in there with him, he'd probably have been fucked.

Edited by Randy Giles

A lot of WWE's problems stem from the overly scripted nature of their programming. In my opinion, it's nothing to do with PG, it's a lack of trust in their superstars to build their own character. A live event should always have a level of unpredictability to it. The shite we see can never be labelled as excellent long term planning therefore they should give the talent a bit more free reign so that they can build themselves into the next Rock/Austin etc. Otherwise they'll keep churning out a brand of superstars no better than midtier level with the odd Cena every decade.

Scripting promos would be more acceptable if the material was actually any good. But instead they're written in such an un-natural way that the delivery is never going to be anything but awkward and forced.

They're so desperate to describe a wrestler's character and current situation to you - almost as if you are reading it in a book and not watching on TV - so a promo is so packed full of buzzwords, nicknames, and unnecessary adjectives that ironically it doesn't actually provide an opportunity for the wrestler to show any kind of character at all.

Scripting promos would be more acceptable if the material was actually any good. But instead they're written in such an un-natural way that the delivery is never going to be anything but awkward and forced.
They're so desperate to describe a wrestler's character and current situation to you - almost as if you are reading it in a book and not watching on TV - so a promo is so packed full of buzzwords, nicknames, and unnecessary adjectives that ironically it doesn't actually provide an opportunity for the wrestler to show any kind of character at all.

Yup. I know they’ve always assumed that people have the memory of a goldfish but Steph doesn’t have to say “MY BROTHER, SHANE MCMAHON” every time she mentions him. I let Michael Cole off every time he says “THE BIG DOG” cause he just sounds so excited by him.

Guest bernardblack
Imagine no waiting on the drum roll. Ronda having a mare.

Jumped the gun massively there!

I'm starting to think the WWE were scared to ask her to do promo lessons etc incase the deal went sour.

She's improving but still looks so nervous

I think in pre-taped things she'd be fine, must be quite daunting to go from doing proper press conferences for UFC, and acting where you can do retakes, to standing in a ring, with a crowd that probably doesn't really believe in you, having to do it live.  It's understandable she'd be very nervous.

The problem isn't with Rousey, it's with WWE for putting her in the position to start with.  I would have had her say very little, maybe even put her with Heyman and be the female Lesnar.  They may well go down that route post-WM, but having her be the face can play to her strengths, but it also exposes her weaknesses.

Even though she still makes mistakes, she's improving a lot quicker than most people do. WWE would be daft to slow that down by making her do it less. If she can quickly get up to speed then they have a serious star on their hands, at a time that they could be doing with one, in a division which has never really had one.