Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

Just had a watch of the main promos from RAW last night.

Cena's one...ooft.  When he phones it in it's really clear, but when he's passionate about something, you can really tell.  He absolutely sold it, and I don't think anyone has ever been able to talk about Undertaker like he did.  Even when Shawn and HHH were up against him, and you'd think they'd be able to get in some jabs.  If Taker comes back as the pissed off vengeful old man with something to prove, this could really write the wrongs of last year and put Taker back where he deserves to be.  Plus, it's not immediately obvious who wins.  I'd assume Taker, but it's by no means certain.  Best way to go into a match.

Reigns did a very good job once again.  Just goes to show that he can actually do a decent job if they don't send him out to look like a moron.  It's a simple tale - just go out and show your displeasure - and that helps him.  The content of the promo is questionable though - I can see where they're coming from, because the way Lesnar does business makes it clear that he'll make anyone his bitch, but having Reigns say that he's Vince's boy is a risky thing to say given how laughable it is.  

Only thing I worry about with the match is that their desperation to turn Lesnar into a heel just leads to a match where neither guy is one the crowd want to win.  Not quite Goldberg/Lesnar levels, but still.  I assume with his "suspension" that Reigns will appear through the crowd when Lesnar finally appears, and they finally come face-to-face.  Wouldn't be surprised if he's a no-show once again, and they save the face-to-face for a proper pull-apart brawl on the go-home show.

10 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

If Braun winning the titles meant having AoP dismantle him, I'd be 100% dead against it. He deserves more than being a stepping stone for the tag team division, and to be fair, it's extremely unlikely WWE will see it differently.

Fair enough point.  I was more thinking along the lines of them not having tag teams be kept down too long.  If Braun beats them on his own, it's a good WM moment but it does make the division look like shit.  Having a proper tag team get them back gets some of that heat back.  But agree, Braun shouldn't be a stepping stone.

Certainly Braun losing to the AoP wouldn't be bad, and I don't imagine he'd lose much face on that. But a dismantling wouldn't do much good at all. Especially since when he returned, he'd need to return the favour. A close loss to them and moving on to other things would probably be the way to go. AoP don't look bad at being ran close because it's assumed Braun could wipe out most tag teams anyways. And it doesn't hurt Braun because he lost to two guys.

Can't see any of the videos as they're blocked, but on the Hardy stuff, apparently Jeff does appear as he filmed scenes before he was a silly boy.  Again.  

Contemplating trying to go all PPV and avoid spoilers all of tomorrow so I can watch the show as-live.  Hopefully be some furthering of Cena/Taker, Reigns/Lesnar, and obviously the Hardy/Wyatt stuff.  3 weeks to go until WM - surely they can't keep this momentum going until then?  How are they going to f**k it up?