Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

I saw a brilliant idea on Cultaholic a couple of nights ago - Roman Reigns should really build up the idea of him being the tribal chief ruling his clan and then the Rock shows up on Raw and says who do you think you are cousin? Reigns is insulted and goes after all the Rock’s family connections in WWE - Heyman does his magic on the mic and there you have it - Reigns v The Rock @ Wrestlemania

Just can't ever see Rock realistically coming back for a proper match.  The work ethic he has, the number of films he does, there's no way he risks getting himself seriously injured.  I imagine he'd be really keen on it, he clearly still loves the business.  His insurers and the people with stakes in movies and not Vince's Big House of Beef?  Nah.

Good idea in theory but Rock has said he's done. He's far too big a star to be wrestling in a potentially empty arena and if he did come back, he'd need to go over and that'd do nothing for Roman IMO.

Good idea in theory but Rock has said he's done. He's far too big a star to be wrestling in a potentially empty arena and if he did come back, he'd need to go over and that'd do nothing for Roman IMO.
Away and shite. Wins and losses mean nothing, it's the spectacle and what they do that matters.

10 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Away and shite. Wins and losses mean nothing, it's the spectacle and what they do that matters.

Utter nonsense.

50/50 booking is one of the many reasons no one gives a shit anymore.

In the context of the Rock, he'll not be wrestling. He'll likely be a presedential candidate before he's wrestling again.

54 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Utter nonsense.

50/50 booking is one of the many reasons no one gives a shit anymore.

In the context of the Rock, he'll not be wrestling. He'll likely be a presedential candidate before he's wrestling again.

When you're talking in the context of one match like this, it really does not make a huge difference. 

Remember the first TLC matches? Did it matter in the end who won? Not really- everyone got over. 

I wouldn't necessarily say he'd need to go over.  I think Rock's enough of a veteran to not go all Hogan and demand it.  I could easily see them either properly cementing Reigns as a heel in winning, or have him go kind of tweener and embrace at the end and shit.

But yeah, the big thing is the risk involved.  If they're going to run WM as it should be, in a massive stadium full of people, then I could see him being interested, but can you imagine they managed to persuade him, the insurers, and everyone involved and it ended up being in THE THUNDERDOME with polite canned applause?

Last time Rock wrestled he got injured and missed some time shooting a film.

If Rock did wrestle again, they'd need to plan it at least a year out so that Rock would not be scheduled to film a movie. The insurers wouldn't allow him to film and wrestle at the same time for one.

Rock is older now too and hasn't wrestled for years. The risk of injurt, even if he wasn't involved in a film, is far too high.

I can't see it ever happening.

10 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Last time Rock wrestled he got injured and missed some time shooting a film.

If Rock did wrestle again, they'd need to plan it at least a year out so that Rock would not be scheduled to film a movie. The insurers wouldn't allow him to film and wrestle at the same time for one.

Rock is older now too and hasn't wrestled for years. The risk of injurt, even if he wasn't involved in a film, is far too high.

I can't see it ever happening.

Also can't see him, with the work ethic he clearly has for films, to sacrifice that much time just to get in the ring again. Imagine it'd be a match working around his filming, or not at all.  So the latter.

Now talk via Cultaholic of a Samoan heel stable development- with Reigns as lead with the Usos following - Jimmy Uso apparently said in an interview earlier in the year that he would love to do it - Cultaholic went on to say that Reigns should then brainwash Simone Johnson - this brings in Dwayne and then to give him time - they do a match Wrestlemania 2022

Guest bernardblack
I'm glad that Ali is finally getting a push, but I do worry how they are going to handle a Muslim ex cop being in charge of a very Antifa inspired heel faction.

Hopefully they tie it in with the hacker storyline.