Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

Safe to say, WWE are well into their fire right now.  Alexa now trying to follow Big Burnt Bray into the oven, followed by a B-movie "cliffhanger".  Well, it's certainly different.

The way they're going, I can see them bringing back Bray really early.  Like next week early.  If they want him to continue some kind of story with Orton, they should have had him go do something else and come back in a few months.  But now seems like they want to hot-shot it and have the Fiend essentially no-sell being set on fire.  Where do you even go from there?

The legends and the title match will do a number next week, but after that? SmackDown is far from perfect but it’s lightyears ahead of RAW at the minute (viewership included) and I don’t understand why they can’t just copy it. They don’t have another guy on Roman’s level who plays a big part in SD feeling more major, but there’s lots more they could be doing.

Miz gets the MITB case back because it was Morrison who cashed it in, yet Miz was able to compete in the title match anyway.

Presumably he'll cash it in next week, possibility even successfully (with shenanigans of course!).

Raw men’s roster:

Drew, AJ, Andrade, Brawn, The Fiend, Orton, Elias, Drew Gulak, Jeff Hardy, John Morrison, Miz, Sheamus, Mustafa, Ricochet, Kofi.

You could easy write 3/4 entertaining stories for the WWE Title, US and 24/7 and a main feud.

Drew v Sheamus

AJ v Ricochet

Jeff Hardy v Kofi

Keith Lee v Drew

The Fiend v Broken Nero

John Morrison v Mustafa

I know It’s fantasy booking and all that but I don’t get how It’s see hard to put on a half decent program.

9 hours ago, FifeArab said:

Raw men’s roster:

Drew, AJ, Andrade, Brawn, The Fiend, Orton, Elias, Drew Gulak, Jeff Hardy, John Morrison, Miz, Sheamus, Mustafa, Ricochet, Kofi.

You could easy write 3/4 entertaining stories for the WWE Title, US and 24/7 and a main feud.

Drew v Sheamus

AJ v Ricochet

Jeff Hardy v Kofi

Keith Lee v Drew

The Fiend v Broken Nero

John Morrison v Mustafa

I know It’s fantasy booking and all that but I don’t get how It’s see hard to put on a half decent program.

Because Vince doesn't have 'it' any longer, and hasn't for years.

In the past he adapted things, even if it took him a while. Now he stubbornly persists with the same old shite that hasn't worked for years. It would be like if they continued with the crappy cartoonish gimmicks of the early to mid 90s and didn't have a total change in approach. 

They do the same things over and over and have long since exhausted all the tropes. 

As you note, they have an absolutely great roster but just don't use them. You've actually missed out quite a few as well, such as Keith Lee, Angel Garza, The Hurt Business, Humberto Carillo, Samoa Joe, Viking Raiders and Matt Riddle (some of them are injured mind).

They were kinda forced into a shift in 1997 because WWE was going down the shitter. Have to wonder how shite it'd have remained if there was no WCW there to force them to really look in the mirror. They did try new stuff before that but none of it seemed to work.

I still haven't watched TLC which is the first time I haven't watched a PPV in maybe 3 years. Just cba.

Wasn’t a bad watch mate, actually not too bad considering some of the nonsense they serve up. Both TLC matches and the main event were decent.

On 01/01/2021 at 21:26, FifeArab said:

Wasn’t a bad watch mate, actually not too bad considering some of the nonsense they serve up. Both TLC matches and the main event were decent.

I haven't minded the PPVs to be fair there's usually some decent wrestling and entertaining nonsense but it's just hard to find the motivation to devote three hours to the Fed atm