Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

43 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Piper Niven has arrived to further cement raw as the home of sloppy looking, botched spots.

Her rumoured new name is Dewdrop, so wouldn't worry, she'll be future endeavoured in jig time... 

Just now, djchapsticks said:

Her rumoured new name is Dewdrop, so wouldn't worry, she'll be future endeavoured in jig time... 

A wrestler I've never got the appeal of. I suspect you're right. Assume the pairing with the abysmal Eva Marie will be brief cringe followed by complete oblivion.

• 4 weeks later...

Goldberg apparently back tonight to confront Lashley. I like him, and feel he still has a place, but not in (yet another) title match. Beyond the entrance, I can’t see crowds taking to him well. 

Can they not just keep to the format where a guy builds up in NXT, wins the title, has his run, tells the story of him getting defeated, then move up?  Asuka got away with it because there wasn't really anyone worthy, but NXT is stacked at the moment.  Just no need to have Kross come up, particularly if you're going to do that to him.  Can only assume from what happened that it's going to be part of something larger, but why do that with your NXT Champion when you're seemingly building to him vs Samoa Joe?

I enjoyed RAW, plenty of exciting stuff on it. Loved Jeff getting his old music back too, but going over Kross? In minutes? No wonder Triple H is so reluctant to let these guys go. He’ll win the return no doubt, but what a bizarre way to start the guy off on the main roster. 

Delighted fo see Keith Lee back too, but losing to Lashley (competitively at least) to make way for a Goldberg feud sums up a lot of the problems the company has. 

Still canny go the gimmick, but another Scottish WWE Champ is class. 

All the dirtsheet chat (for how much you can trust it) is that Nikki came up with the gimmick herself and she's obviously been rewarded for it even if is pretty naff or clunky. Weans will eat it up tho and she does deserve something for being a lot better and over than she could ever have expected to be. Obvs she won't be a long term champion or even particularly lengthy but that's fine she deserved a moment like that however brief.

I suppose. I just thought the gear made her look a bit like a goof, but if the weans eat it up and she keeps getting reactions like last night then all power to her. I think Sasha/Bianca 2 is the plan for SummerSlam, so I’m not sure where Becky fits in yet. 

To be fair to WWE, they seem to be going all in on making Nikki Cross work, rather than her just being a comedy interim champion they can cast aside eventually.  Of course, they'll probably have her job out and be an afterthought at Summerslam, but not a bad place to be if you're putting on a great showing against the company golden girl.

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

It sounds like Nick Khan's cutbacks are now even affecting the normally pretty good production values.

https://twitter.com/dudefelice/status/1422398092851261469?s=19

When did Khan take over from Dunn? Seems to have just completely passed me by.