GAA.. All ireland finals

magee84

The launching of high balls down on top of 'keepers is an obvious drawback but its just aggravating in the extreme having a rule that the umpires never seem to correctly enforce.Umpires need a centralised training course but thats another issue

Hard to see Dublin beating the winner of Cork and Donegal and that game should be epic.I'm really looking forward to seeing how Cork deal with Donegals defence and how Donegal deal with a team thats actually bigger than them

Delighted for Galway in the hurling,only just watched the highlights on youtube there and it looked a good game.It's still a massive ask for them to beat either Tipp or Kilkenny in the final but it would be great for hurling if they did it

Have to agree Caoimhin, the Dubs need a massive improvement against Mayo before they can think of the final though. Still hopeful they can retain Sam, all about peaking at the right time but certainly looked a mile from their peak against Laois. Donegal v Cork will be another cracker, hopefully as good as Donegal v Kerry was. All to play for!

• 2 weeks later...

Fair play to Donegal on a great performance. They just took over after half time and had Cork put away a good bit before the end. Like the previous round the late goal from the Munster side (and it was a legal goal this time in fairness) left the scoreline looking close when in reality Donegal won pretty comfortably. Thought they should have finished 7/8 points clear. Cork, like Kerry, looked a little clueless when Donegal really stepped it up in the second half. I have to give them great credit as I wasn't convinced they were really capable of moving up a further level and winning Sam but they are going to take some stopping now. I don't think that the final - whoever it is against - will be a forgone conclusion though.

What a fantastic performance

Doesn't really matter who they face in the final,neither Dublin or Mayo will get close to them

Have to agree on todays performance Donegal will take some stopping. Great thing about Gaelic though is you never say never. I fancy Dublin to improve massively in the semi from their quarter final performance and to go on and beat Mayo. Then in the final, as I say never say never! Hats off to Donegal, unbelievable performance today. Fitness levels are unrivalled.

That defeat to Dublin in last years semi is Donegals only loss in their last twelve championship games and against Cork,who are probably the biggest team in the history of football,they wore them out so much in the first half that the Rebels just couldn't keep pace with them in the second

I think it would take a massive collapse in the standard Donegal have set for themselves for Dublin to beat them and while Dublin have made hard work of some of their games this Summer they haven't had a real challenge and Donegal have just had a couple of tough ones.Mayo,sadly,just don't enter in to it unless they can shock the Jacks

It's great to see a few new teams at the top after a decade where Sam was only seriously contested by Kerry and Tyrone

Cork might be a physically strong team (and talented without doubt) but they are underachievers. Record really isn't great when anybody really puts it up to them and they haven't actually won that many big games over the past few years. It's probably not a great surprise that they collectively shat themselves against Donegal and I don't think the management really knew how to cope with Donegal either. The Dubs would certainly be better prepared. The argument about Dublin not having had a real challenge works both ways - you can also turn it around and say they are in an All-Ireland semi-final having only played as well as they needed to and not having expended a lot of energy. For a team defending an AI that's quite possibly a good thing.

Mayo - who knows. There is a suggestion that this young Mayo team has a bit more about them than those who caved in at Croke Park again and again. It would be fascinating to see how a young and attacking team like that full of confidence and belief got on against Donegal.

Impressive as Donegal were the last day it's a bit early to be elevating them to near unbeatable status. Tyrone - who are not at the top table - took them on at their own game and attacked down the flanks and had them in real bother at times. 2 point defeat and Tyrone didn't take 3 big goal chances they created. Dublin and Mayo have much more to them than Tyrone and I think either, with the right game plan and crucially with real belief, could take Donegal. How would Donegal cope with going a few points down? I do think that they will win the AI - but not that they can be cast as red hot certainties!

My mum and dad were at the semi. Gutted I wasn't there, just home from Donegal the week before it too.

Can't wait for the final - Irish pub in Glasgow for that one I think!

I would happily recommend Waxys in Glasgow, watched the Semi Final and Final there last year and the atmospheres terrific, live trad music to follow as well. No shortage of Donegal fans up there either so you wouldn't be alone!

Celtic are away that weekend to Motherwell so ill give it a miss and watch it on telly, followed by the All Ireland Final, come on you gold and greens..

And its Ryder Cup friday to sunday too....

The wife better not even think of asking for the Sky remote that weekend :lol:

Celtic are away that weekend to Motherwell so ill give it a miss and watch it on telly, followed by the All Ireland Final, come on you gold and greens..

And its Ryder Cup friday to sunday too....

The wife better not even think of asking for the Sky remote that weekend :lol:

Wtf would she want the Sky remote for, does she watch the telly while you're pumpin her ? :huh:

Btw magoo, was your old grampa not the All Ireland hide-and-seek champion ? :P

Gripping match today. 50 minutes in and Mayo looked like a team who could compete with Donegal in the final. They gave away possession too easily at times but they coped very well with the Dublin blanket defence and took some lovely scores. Their collapse in the last 20 minutes and the obvious panic within their ranks in the closing stages however can only be really worrying for them. They can live with Donegal as footballers but they don't look to have anywhere near the same mental strength. Unfortunately the same old failings of previous Mayo teams seem to live on in the this new generation, which I had hoped wasn't the case. Well done to Mayo on their victory and it makes for an exciting build up with such a novel final but I think Mayo exposed a very soft underbelly in winning this match. Sam is for the hills.

Edited by Waspie

Wtf would she want the Sky remote for, does she watch the telly while you're pumpin her ? :huh:

Btw magoo, was your old grampa not the All Ireland hide-and-seek champion ? :P

Go away.

You are a mentally ill bigot.

If you have a valid point about the GAA make it but if you are just here to spew your irish/celtic hating bile do it elsewhere.

Point out the bigotry/Irish/ celtic hating bile in my post, ya dumplin ! :o

Everything you post nugget head is about Celtic, bigotry etc as well as a rather odd obsession with me.

Now seriously, i doubt you have the slightest interest or knowledge in the GAA so instead of spamming a thread dedicated to it why dont you maybe watch your football team who are playing just now.